Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:31 am

Ghost wrote:Are Winter-whatsit really gonna be above Possessed. I despair.

Happy with Wretched Soul.

Really hope not. Hopefully they will be on before so I can sleep in and miss them

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:32 am

Nothing against Winterfylleth (they're class and all) but do Bloodstock know there are more than just one UKBM band?

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:34 am

Just hope the band member of Winter-whatsit that kept me awake most of the night in 2012 isn't camped near me this year.
I see the bad moon arising.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:37 am

For those interested, of the bands announced, the repeats are:

Winterfylleth (2010, 2012, 2014)
Wretched Soul (2012)
Bossk (2013)
Abhorrent Decimation (2014)

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 am

i0th wrote:To be fair to Wretched Soul, Bossk & Abhorrent Decimation, they were all New Blood bands, isn't the idea that some of them will get bigger and earn Sophie stage slots? Winterfylleth on their fourth set in 8 years is crazy (though it's the same as Primal Fear, 2001-2008) and actually slower than Evile (2006-2012) and Evil Scarecrow (2008-2014) who both did it in 7 years.

Don't think Bossk have ever played New Blood. Was definitely Sophie last time anyway

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Not a Winterfylleth fan personally, but there was a need for some Black Metal, and even though it's a repeat I think it'll be their first main stage appearance (?), so I don't mind that so much. Never heard of any of the Sophie bands, so that's nice, some discovery to do.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Winterflylleth's profile has been going up rapidly over the last few years, so even though they've played the fest a few times recently, it's good to see them bumped up to the main stage. Great band, so happy with them being booked.

But yes so many other UK BM bands that get ignored every year, the likes of Hecate Enthroned and Fen have big fanbases, but are never booked, and instead we get crap like Ethereal and Stahlsgard.

Like Bossk, but dunno the other bands, Kroh played a few years ago I remember, but I didn't see them.

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:15 pm

Dendera are a bloody great bit of Maiden worship,excellent band,hard working and nice guys too-a very overdue and well deserved slot i reckon.Ashley-the singer is also the new Power Quest vocalist.Give them a go.

eyesore
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby eyesore » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:17 pm

very happy with dendera and wretched soul!

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Winterfylleth and Bossk are the only announcements I've got excited by this year. Very happy

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Fantastic announcement for me. Missed Bossk at Damnation so it will be great to catch them. Winterfylleth are always great live and will definitely be watching the local lads in Abhorrent Decimation.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Youtube first listen done and my thoughts are:

Dendera, Kroh, Wretched Soul and Bossk - I like what I have heard so far so will make a point to check them out subject to main stage clashes.
Winterfylleth, Courtesans - need another listen as not sure (courtesans are certainly different)
Abhorrent Decimation not my thing but will give them a chance unless they clash with someone I really want to see.

All in all quite reasonable if not earth shattering.
Last edited by CharlesDexterWard on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Been waiting for the Sophie filler bands to come along. As it goes not a bad batch, and not QUITE all repeats this year.

Winterfylleth on the main was only a matter of time, and yeah while I'd like Fen or someone else, the whole idea is promoting them to mainstage. They definitely shouldn't be above Possessed though, hopefully that's a placement error.

Dendera are solid, and it's about time they were booked. Its good to see more melodic bands.

Kroh I missed at Damnation last (?) year, so its good to be able to see them at Bloodstock. Its nice to see a bit of doom too.

Bossk are absolutely phenomenal, but as I'll probably watch them at Arctangent the week after, I'm not that fussed that they've been added. I'll watch them anyway.

Courtesans are the only band I'm not familiar with, but after listening to one song, they seem pretty good. Probably worth a watch.

Wretched Soul and Abhorrent Decimation are really not my thing.

So basically, a really good announcement for me.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Winterfylleth are the only band I'm fussed about there really but I've seen them so many times it's hard to get excited about them. I guess they're probably the biggest UK black metal band around nowadays (they even packed out a venue in Plymouth last year :lol: ) but it would be nice to see someone else for a change. They turn up everywhere!!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:26 pm

I would have thought Cradle of Filth are still, technically, the largest. :p