Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Ghost » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Ha ha after my post I thought people would start banging on about how cradle of filth aren't extreme metal. I didn't think a debate would start about which fest was bigger ha ha. My claim was based purely on attendance. Haven't been to damnation but I assume bloodstock has a larger attendance.
I see the bad moon arising.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:40 am

JPMC wrote:I reckon the new Nailbomb reformation will make an appearance.

Their Dynamo show was legendary. I refused to get drunk before them!

Nailbomb would amazing, didn't know they had reformed, not listened to them in years!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:52 am

Ghost wrote:It's a shame Cradle of Filth won't play again. I don't like them enough to go to a gig but would happily watch them at a Fest. Just a shame one of Britain's biggest extreme metal acts won't play the biggest extreme metal fest.

I feel the same about them, who knows they might play again.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:35 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Looks like we're not getting Alestorm this year. They posted saying Download is likely their last UK appearance in 2017.

How did BOA fail to book Alestorm, they're playing practically every Metal festival in Europe this Summer, BOA even had Gloryhammer last year. Should have been the easiest and earliest booking they made.

Thrashtildeath
Consort of the Beast

Postby Thrashtildeath » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:08 am

Warbringer have been added to the Death Angel UK dates in August, I know Death Angel have said that they will not be at Bloodstock, but maybe Warbringer will make an appearance as they will already be over here.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 pm

metalicbear wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:Looks like we're not getting Alestorm this year. They posted saying Download is likely their last UK appearance in 2017.

How did BOA fail to book Alestorm, they're playing practically every Metal festival in Europe this Summer, BOA even had Gloryhammer last year. Should have been the easiest and earliest booking they made.

They seem incompetent at times, they should of had Hatebreed or Skindreds slot, would have helped to give the festival more variety, and Hatebreed have played too many times.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:22 pm

I'm reliably informed that Alestorm fell out with the Bloodstock team a few years back and now refuse to play the festival again.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:48 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:I'm reliably informed that Alestorm fell out with the Bloodstock team a few years back and now refuse to play the festival again.

Really? The vocalist played with Gloryhammer last year.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:00 pm

Maybe he isn't the one that had the falling out?

It's probably a bit like Bolt Thrower refusing to play, yet Karl Willetts played with Memoriam.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Bizza wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:I'm reliably informed that Alestorm fell out with the Bloodstock team a few years back and now refuse to play the festival again.

Really? The vocalist played with Gloryhammer last year.

Keyboard player, but yeah a member was there last year so Alestorm could have been booked as early as last years event. Pretty sure a member of Testament played with Metal Allegiance last year and shock horror they are playing this years event.

Some baffling decisions this year like no Epica or Delain, what will it take for Powerwolf to play.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:53 am

I heard through friends of friends of friends of... (well, you get the gist) that the initial falling out was over the position on the bill they should play more than anything.

Now, obviously chinese whispers / pinch of salt and all that - and it was a good few years back I was told this.

The way it was told to me was that BOA saw them as nothing more than a first three slots of the day type band, whereas the band saw themselves as 3rd to 5th top.

Personally, I think that they could easily play anywhere from 3rd to 5th down, basedon the crowds they draw on tour (always seem to sell well in Sheffield, Manchester etc).

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Maybe he isn't the one that had the falling out?

Chris basically is Alestorm.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Shame as I would love to see Alestorm at Bloodstock
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:51 pm

What's the deal with Bolt Thrower? I mean they don't really play the UK often - unless I'm unlucky enough to have missed them every time?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:09 pm

JPMC wrote:What's the deal with Bolt Thrower? I mean they don't really play the UK often - unless I'm unlucky enough to have missed them every time?

Not going anymore. They knocked it on the head after the drummer died.

Previously to that though, they were very reluctant to play festivals or concerts which they believed to be corporate. This was more down to certain members personal beliefs.

Try and buy a Bolt Thrower T shirt. They only sold them at gigs for a few quid. Most of them ended up on eBay for a small fortune.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp