Postby someone else » Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 am

They'd confirmed its an error - looks like King 810 are still playing :(
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:46 am

A shame, but neither band overly affects me - wasn't unlikely to watch either of them.

Also, on the provisional line-up it looked like KP were playing high on the Sophie stage on Friday. I'm likely watching Testament, BG and AA, so was unlikely to catch them anyways.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu May 11, 2017 9:16 am

That's a shame. At least they're back to being quite low down on the line-up. As it currently stands, the first band I want to see on the Saturday is Annihilator so at least I won't have to suffer through these pricks.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu May 11, 2017 11:03 am

i0th wrote:Currently 11 bands have had the word blood, fire or king in them making them the joint most common words

Which would imply a strong power-metal line-up. Sadly, it's anything but.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Thu May 11, 2017 11:54 am

Just need Macabre to cancel now and then they can start trying to make the SOPHIE stage look a bit more exciting.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu May 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Thought it was too good to be true.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

PowerThrash
Warrior of Metal

Postby PowerThrash » Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
i0th wrote:Currently 11 bands have had the word blood, fire or king in them making them the joint most common words

Which would imply a strong power-metal line-up. Sadly, it's anything but.

For Power Metal add Bloodbound, Firewind and (can't think of a King band) Majesty (close enough) will do. :rock:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 pm

No loss for me (feel sorry for the people who were looking forward to them) but given who they were likely to clash with I doubt I'll see whoever replaces either.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri May 12, 2017 1:58 am

Ah ffs thanks for getting my hopes up whoever tends to this website! I don't like the sound of King Parrot but would much rather sit through them than that Garbage.
Wonder if we'll get another announcement soon to distract from Damnation? Very much doubt it will match that kind of quality though!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:15 am

Well, next week will be two weeks since the last announcement. So, either then or the week after.

I think they may go for next week - 'officially' announce the winners from the first M2M finals, plus maybe a couple of sophie bands.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:00 am

i0th wrote:Aye should be in the fortnightly run now.

Which is good, usually a ton of bands I've never heard of so I get to hear a bunch of new music.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri May 12, 2017 3:59 pm

At least Bloodstock are on board with the trend of announcing a band's withdrawal these days.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Fri May 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Warlock wrote:Ah ffs thanks for getting my hopes up whoever tends to this website! I don't like the sound of King Parrot but would much rather sit through them than that Garbage.
Wonder if we'll get another announcement soon to distract from Damnation? Very much doubt it will match that kind of quality though!

Yea damnation announcement today is huge. Bloodbath, Paradise lost, Sodom, Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Dying Fetus plus more to come pretty much has me set on going again this year

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Fri May 12, 2017 10:24 pm

It's looking good this year on the more melodic front as well as death metal but still lacking in black and power metal. Mainstage is looking great but king810 , chealsea Grin, broken teeth and skindred are dreadful disgraceful bookings ... really bad. Not like there's a lack of good metal around to choose from and book that would be happy to play, I don't usually grumble but the lower bookings on mainstage and half the Sophie stage are piss poor this year. At least the good bookings make up for it

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Sat May 13, 2017 10:26 am

Bloodstock book whatever is hot in the metal scene, they always have done. When Battle Metal/ Power Metal was hot, BOA booked bands such as Turisas, Firewind. We had the movement with Female Vocalists and bands such as Lacuna Coil, Epica, Delain, etc were booked, when Saxon came back on the scene; they were booked. That is what is still happening now, despite how crap bands such as Chelsea Grin are, BOA are trying to book what is popular. Whilst it may alienate the veterans; the organisers probably think that those people will buy tickets regardless, so it doesn't matter.

It will only get worse in the next few years, unless there's a sudden shift in the Metal scene. Expect bands such as Carnifex, Northlane, The Acacia Strain, Thy Art is Murder taking up slots on the Main stage with Five Finger Death Punch headlining. At best we will get a token Power Metal band like Edguy really low down on the lineup or Sabaton headlining. Some obscure reformed bands no one wants to watch and some dodgy Thrash Metal bands from the 80's that no one gave a shit about back then, with the repeated standard BOA bands like Napalm Death and Enslaved. Of course I could be wrong though.

In my opinion BOA need to look at what the Euro Metal fests are doing well and try and copy it. Booking bands such as King 810 isn't what they're doing, booking nobodies like Macabre in ridiculously high slots isn't what they're doing, booking bands like Skindred who look really out of place sandwiched in between Hell and Arch Enemy isn't what they're doing. Booking bands like Hell anywhere near the main stage isn't what they're doing.