Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:33 am

Puppy- I was at Slam Dunk yesterday and it seems so weird to see them with a band in common with BOA :lol: not very keen though so shall miss

The One Hundred- Really? I was hoping I was listening to a different band but nope...

Ramage Inc and Morass are ok, might be worth checking out clashes dependent

Gurt- Always end up seeing them at HF events often without trying, pretty decent.

Infernal Sea and Wind Rose- ehhh, not really my thing

Florence Black- Actually really enjoyed what I heard, pretty decent.

Eradikator- Band of the announcement, one of the best British thrash acts I've heard in years (don't let the tag throw you, we've had a few decent thrash acts over the years :P )

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of comedy bands on the Thursday as I liked the party vibe on the first night, but overall apart from one hell of a clunker it's a pretty good announcement

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue May 30, 2017 10:51 am

Battle Beast, Wind Rose, The Infernal Sea, Gut and Ramage Inc makes a fab Thursday line up, they've clearly put far more effort into the opening night than previous years and want more people to turn up on the Thursday.

Eradikator sound okay, but haven't heard of most of the rest.

just listened to The One Hundred though....what the actual fuck?! They sound like a cross between Eminem and The Prodigy!! Fine Vicky wants to expand the festival's appeal, but that doesn't mean she needs to book hip-hop/dance bands!!! The fact The One Hundred seem to be popular on the FB announcement one again proves what crap taste they've got over there.

and seeing as we're getting low key announcements now, it's safe to assume anything else added to the main stage is gonna be low profile stuff.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue May 30, 2017 11:32 am

The Thursday is the best of announcement, which is a shame, I don't really want to watch stuff on the Thursday. Morass of Molasses and Florence Black I may watch, but wouldn't be too fussed to miss if they clash. The rest are wastes of a slot for me, Puppy seem to be the one getting hyped up on the Facebook page and they are just boring.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Really impressed with the change in focus of the Thursday line up.

Much as I enjoyed the Thursday "fun" bands of previous years, I am looking forward to a more full on evening of music and a good warm up for the full day on Friday.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:31 am

Had a very quick whizz through the bands - that was a pretty good announcement!

Wind Rose - Reminds me of a more power metal Turisas. Great booking.
The Infernal Sea - Not hugely my thing, but not bad.
Gurt - Not sold on the vocals, but they have a good rep.
Ramage Inc - Missed them last year, so really happy they have been rebooked.
Morass of Molasses - Similar to Gurt, but less interesting and poor vox >_>
Florence Black - These are cool. Kind of got a bit of southern rock swagger. Wouldn't be amiss on a tour with the likes of Monster Truck etc.
The One Hundred - Boy, they are going to be a marmite choice aren't they. I can see one or two of my mates really liking them.
Eradikator - I don't recall what I thought of them previously, but the song I quickly checked out was cool.
Puppy - Checked these out on YT last year as they were playing Download. Missed them in the end as everyone wanted to see Alien Ant Farm instead... :eyes: I actually quite like what I hear. Like a 90s / alt rocky / grungey take on the style that Ghost seem to be leading the charge for. If they aren't opposite a 'must see' band then I'll likely be there.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed May 31, 2017 11:16 am

i0th wrote:Now there's a good chunk of bands on the line-up I've thrown a clashfinder together

https://clashfinder.com/s/mjboa2017/

It's currently using last year's times which if kept would give Blind Guardian 75 minutes, good if they're doing Imaginations again!

It's obviously utterly meaningless for Hobgoblin & Jager stages but gives an idea where RJD & Sophie stages are heading.

Really hope that Hell/Wolfheart clash doesn't happen.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

steve73
Lowly Peon

Postby steve73 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Saw Florence Black at Camden Rocks last year and they are worth checking out....did an excellent cover of Budgies Breadfan

Eradikator were brilliant in 2014 and saw them in Brighton in 2015 - they are the band of the day Saturday for me now!

The One Hundred - saw them support Crossfaith last year and they really impressed me. Surprised to see them announced for BOA if I'm honest but I will be watching them

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:11 am

I would love Exodus, but not sure where they'd fit. I think we are only likely to get 1 max band now that are still a well known name and from Download, and the rest will be at the bottom like you said, expecting unknowns like Broken Teeth or Cambion last year.
I saw Fozzy but didn't think they'd fit at all, then just remembered that they played before, So can see it now!

Just listened to the rest of yesterday's announcement -

Eradikator - Sound pretty darn good actually, remember them on the bill for 2014 but never got round to checking them out, glad I did this time, better than I was expecting!
Puppy - I'm a sucker for 90s alt rock, but that theme wasn't enough to capture me with it's bland meanderings
The One Hundred - What the hell? Why is Bloodstock taking on rap music? That kind of UK wannabe rap really irritates me too, the americans may do it to a degree of comical effect (Limp Bizkit) but this is just embarrassing! I guess they put on some make up and brought in some guitars so must be suited to the Uk's finest 'heavy music festival'
Florence Black - This sounded great after what I heard previously! They definitely have something going for them, I'd check out if at a loose end.
Morass of Molasses - The kind of band I struggle to get past even the name, reminds me of cooking or something and just sounds dumb to me, ignoring that I wasn't a fan of the music, dull and forgettable, a repeat but that's fine at this level.
Ramage Inc - Not really my thing
Gurt - Another dumb name. Can see the appeal to this kind of sludge, but again not really my thing.
Wind Rose - Power/Folk is mostly not my cup of tea, but it is severely underrepresented, there is a demand for it and they seem perfectly good at what they do. This may go some way to pleasing those folk. The videos are pretty funny! I'm never quite sure if it's meant to be tongue in cheek or completely serious? but looks like alot of fun!
The Infernal Sea - I left the best til last, chuffed with this, I think they are one of the best UK Black Metal bands out at the moment, been wanting to see them for awhile but keep missing them! Can see the tent being pretty packed for this as they are garnering quite a reputation and praise, can see them getting bigger. For me best thursday band ever, Thursday's quality has drastically increased!

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:06 am

The Infernal Sea are a superb addition, most certainly up there in the upper tier of UKBM but yet another year passes without A Forest of Stars or Dragged Into Sunlight.
Given the standard of the DIS live experience they must surely be a contender for a Sophie headline slot.
All hail the brave sailor men of the mighty Jorvik Turbojugend!!!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:22 am

Are DIS the guys that perform with their backs to the audience

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:18 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Are DIS the guys that perform with their backs to the audience

Aye, that's them.
Coma-inducing strobes, candle-lit skulls, clouds of smoke and incense, ridiculous volume and an experience similar to having your head kicked in.
What's not to like there then?
All hail the brave sailor men of the mighty Jorvik Turbojugend!!!

steve73
Lowly Peon

Postby steve73 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:22 am

i0th wrote:Can see Lost Society getting a low Dio slot.

Good shout, saw them support Exodus last year and was impressed

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:45 am

i0th wrote:With the next announcement coming after Download, is there anyone you think are particularly likely? Warlock mentioned Caverlera's return to Roots, Suicidal Tendancies and Orange Goblin in another thread....What about Exodus? They've been 4th down the last two times but could be slipping down the running order. Fozzy to return perhaps?

Think your being too optimistic, at this stage in the game we'll just be getting a few smaller names to pad out the line up. Having had a quick glance at the line up and from the bands I know that are roughly appropriate (but hey, the one hundred were booked so who knows?) I'd hazard if we were to get any DL bands we'd get someone like:

Code Orange
Venom Prison
Lost Society
Grove St Families
Brutai

Probably more but I don't know all the bands on the line up.

i0th wrote:Now there's a good chunk of bands on the line-up I've thrown a clashfinder together

https://clashfinder.com/s/mjboa2017/

It's currently using last year's times which if kept would give Blind Guardian 75 minutes, good if they're doing Imaginations again!

It's obviously utterly meaningless for Hobgoblin & Jager stages but gives an idea where RJD & Sophie stages are heading.

Looking decent for me if that's how things end up, only the odd 20 or so minute clash rather than full on clashes. Heck, might even give 810 a laugh, I mean watch, after Eradikator :P

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Kvelertak would also suit but I would think they are to big for the remaining spots

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:53 am

i0th wrote:Was thinking maybe Clutch as they've got close ties to Lionize but they're on tour in the US in August.

I would of thought too big for any of the remaining slots, where do you see them? I think it would have to be at least 3rd down, possibly special guests, or am I overestimating their size?

Can see Warbringer in one of the remaining RJD slots