Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Tet » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Ah, so you're predicting a 'mid-London venue' sized band, as opposed to a Wembley Arena band?

London gig sizes are a remarkably accurate guide to where artists will play at Bloodstock. These days Bloodstock generally book headliners that are capable of playing to 5000+ capacity venues in London. Mostly, that means venues like Hammersmith Odeon or Brixton Academy. A handful of bands booked have been big enough to play arenas like Wembley (Within Temptation, Alice Cooper, Lamb Of God). But mostly somewhere around 5000 capacity is about the right size for a Bloodstock headliner. Special guests are typically able to play 2000ish capacity venues (The Forum, Shepherds Bush Empire, The Roundhouse). From around 3rd to 5th on the bill are playing 800-1200 capacity venues (Islington Academy, Scala etc.), 6th-7th are around 500 capacity (The Underworld, The Garage) and the openers will typically be playing small venues (The Borderline, The Black Heart, Boston Music Room etc). It's not a hard and fast rule, but it's a pretty good guideline and has more or less held true for the last 5 years or so.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Works surprisingly well with Manchester venues as well.

You know what bands are playing the MEN, Apollo, Academy 1, Ritz, Academies 2 or 3, Sound Control, etc.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Death Angel playing in Bridgend on 10th and London on 11th of August, if they don't turn up for either the Saturday or Sunday at BOA i'll be highly disappointed.

I like the Wildhearts but I don't think they would play at BOA and I don't get where people think they'd be a Sophie band from, the last three times i've saw them have been in venues that special guests usually play

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:24 pm

That's to their own crowd though. I doubt they would get much of an audience at BOA.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:33 pm

Tet wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:Ah, so you're predicting a 'mid-London venue' sized band, as opposed to a Wembley Arena band?

London gig sizes are a remarkably accurate guide to where artists will play at Bloodstock. These days Bloodstock generally book headliners that are capable of playing to 5000+ capacity venues in London. Mostly, that means venues like Hammersmith Odeon or Brixton Academy. A handful of bands booked have been big enough to play arenas like Wembley (Within Temptation, Alice Cooper, Lamb Of God). But mostly somewhere around 5000 capacity is about the right size for a Bloodstock headliner. Special guests are typically able to play 2000ish capacity venues (The Forum, Shepherds Bush Empire, The Roundhouse). From around 3rd to 5th on the bill are playing 800-1200 capacity venues (Islington Academy, Scala etc.), 6th-7th are around 500 capacity (The Underworld, The Garage) and the openers will typically be playing small venues (The Borderline, The Black Heart, Boston Music Room etc). It's not a hard and fast rule, but it's a pretty good guideline and has more or less held true for the last 5 years or so.

On that note, had a look at the upcoming gigs at Hammersmith Odeon and Brixton Academy for some ideas, some bands that have already been suggested (Devin Townsend, Dream Theater) have upcoming shows which may be the reason for lack of announcement, but there's also some odd balls (Thunder, Evanescence, Parkway Drive??) which is quite unsettling!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Evanescene? We've scrapped the barrel so hard we're digging a hole to China :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:30 pm

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Death Angel are due to play Alcatraz fest in belgium over weekend of 11-12-13 so idf they are in London on the 11th, they must be playing in Belgium on 12th or 13th.....best outcome would be Belgium on 13th and squeeze Bloodstock in on the Saturday.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:50 pm

After all this it'll probably end up being Emperor and after the excite wears off we'll end up discussing why they were held back.

gazsetsfire wrote:Death Angel are due to play Alcatraz fest in belgium over weekend of 11-12-13 so idf they are in London on the 11th, they must be playing in Belgium on 12th or 13th.....best outcome would be Belgium on 13th and squeeze Bloodstock in on the Saturday.

Hope so, looks the best day for me so far.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 pm

gazsetsfire wrote:Death Angel are due to play Alcatraz fest in belgium over weekend of 11-12-13 so idf they are in London on the 11th, they must be playing in Belgium on 12th or 13th.....best outcome would be Belgium on 13th and squeeze Bloodstock in on the Saturday.

Thought they played a blinder in 2013 and that 'The Evil Divide' was the best thrash album released last year. I'd love to see Death Angel back

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:02 am

Are Rammstein ever likely to be a possibility?
Or Tool? Alice In Chains? Deftones? Queens of the Stone Age?
Or shall we rule all these out forever?

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:28 am

I would have thought Rammstein are too big and would cost far too much. I would love to see them play.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:43 am

Alice in Chains and Deftones on that list are likely in the future, unless BOA expands.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 am

Why don't you just go to Download? They play there all the time.

Lunasee
Powermetal Child

Postby Lunasee » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:46 am

Tool - no way. Not a bs band. One of my favourites but can't see it.

Found this recent announcement. Multiple decent possibilities here. Apologies if already posted.

http://www.geflemetalfestival.se/wp-content/uploads/mobile.html