Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Soze » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:14 pm

I'd be delighted with an Emperor/Sabaton/Amon Amarth headline trilogy. Especially if the likes of Blind Guardian and Kreator got special guest slots. Sounds like the sort of Bloodstock I used to go to!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Soze wrote:I'd be delighted with an Emperor/Sabaton/Amon Amarth headline trilogy. Especially if the likes of Blind Guardian and Kreator got special guest slots. Sounds like the sort of Bloodstock I used to go to!

This.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Soze wrote:I'd be delighted with an Emperor/Sabaton/Amon Amarth headline trilogy. Especially if the likes of Blind Guardian and Kreator got special guest slots. Sounds like the sort of Bloodstock I used to go to!

This.

This
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:47 pm

Book a good alternative to BG on the sophie stage and I'd take that

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:54 pm

I'd almost rather Korn, Limp Bizkit and Five Finger over that. If only because I haven't seen them a thousand times. I'd take Kreator and Blind Guardian though.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:03 pm

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Image

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:26 pm

Part of me wonders if it Korn will be a headliner, new album out later this month and maybe the band don't want to announce until the new album is out? (I hope it isn't Korn anyway :lol: )

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Image

I did say "almost" :D
houston4044 wrote:Part of me wonders if it Korn will be a headliner, new album out later this month and maybe the band don't want to announce until the new album is out? (I hope it isn't Korn anyway :lol: )

I've kind of expecting Korn for a few years now, but if they are they probably wouldn't get announced until after their tour with Limp Bizkit, which I think is next year sometime. We might even get massively unlucky and have both of them.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Skippy wrote:I've kind of expecting Korn for a few years now, but if they are they probably wouldn't get announced until after their tour with Limp Bizkit, which I think is next year sometime. We might even get massively unlucky and have both of them.

That would immediately guarantee my non attendance
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:57 am

Wow I can't believe Limp Bizkit are being even mentioned here!
In all likelihood I wouldn't watch the headliners so I guess it wouldn't matter but it would piss so many people off! There have been questionable selections of bands recently but there not stupid! :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:02 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Agree re a strong undercard. The headliners weren't great in 2015 but the undercard was strong so made up for it.

Yeah that's pretty much how I felt, although Rob Zombie were fun for a bit. 2015 had alot of gems!

I'd be ok with it, nothing really exciting for me, but then again I'm usually not into the headliners that much anyway (minus Slayer of course!) I hope Kreator play though that would be amazing.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:50 am

Warlock wrote:In all likelihood I wouldn't watch the headliners so I guess it wouldn't matter

:P

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:56 am

houston4044 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Just read that System of a Down have announced a European tour for summer 2017. Would be a massive draw for Bloodstock but I suspect download will snap them up!

They've put up the dates on FB and DL is on one of the dates.

metalicbear wrote:If we're to say that Emperor and Amon Amarth are 2 of our headliners next year, it's already looking like the weakest BOA to date in my opinion. However, if both these bands are special guests then it could turn in to a very strong year.

Book a bigger and better undercard to compensate then, headliners aren't be all and end all

Only for the France and Spain Downloads, rumoured to be at the UK one though! C'mon Bloodstock!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:27 am

Skippy wrote:I've kind of expecting Korn for a few years now, but if they are they probably wouldn't get announced until after their tour with Limp Bizkit, which I think is next year sometime. We might even get massively unlucky and have both of them.

Tour's in December. Imagine waiting all that time for that headliner then getting Korn and LB, the shit storm on here would be amazing :lol: