Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Soze wrote:I'd be reasonably happy with Warlock. Whilst I doubt many people of generations below me would know who they are I'm sure Doro herself is a reasonably big enough name to give them a mainstage slot. Back in the 80s Warlock threatened to become quite big in the UK but never quite made it.

I'll be quite disappointed if Kreator aren't announced on Friday but going on Tet's comments I'm fearing another load of old toss.

When Doro played previously (with her own band) they were 4th on the main stage, back when there were ten bands are day. Suffocation and Holy Moses played before them and Korpiklaani and GWAR afterwards.

I guess I have a few questions for those more knowledgeable:

1. What's the comparative size between Warlock and Doro (band)?
2. How do their setlists compare? (Being a bit lazy with not going to setlist.fm I guess)

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:30 pm

I hope to god that Trivium are not playing ad they were rank rotten in 2015.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Warlock wrote:A side note but don't Volbeat seem like a tiny headliner for Wacken? Or are they just much bigger there?

Volbeat are massive in mainland Europe and have headlined both Hellfest and Graspop before, as well as doing their own stadium tour in Europe this summer.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:52 pm

New Emmure album is out on Friday..... bloodstock announcement imminent :D

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:1. What's the comparative size between Warlock and Doro (band)?
2. How do their setlists compare? (Being a bit lazy with not going to setlist.fm I guess)

Difficult to say, Warlock split up almost 30 years ago and I doubt many people under the age of 40 know much about them. Their last album was a medium hit here, went top 60 (this was in the days when going top 60 meant a reasonable amount of people had bought your album!). Doro usually plays a few of their songs live but she isn't really that well known in the UK either I don't think.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:
Tet wrote:Apparently it's not going to be a band I'll appreciate, so probably not Kreator then.

IIRC it's growling vocals you generally don't like yes?

It's a bit of a simplification, but yeah, it's a reasonably good approximation.

As for Warlock, I'd obviously love to see them. Yes, they're easily big enough for a main stage slot. But headlining the second stage might be a better option all round.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Oh dear.... Korn were announced for Summer Breeze today, which is the week after Bloodstock

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:33 pm

gazsetsfire wrote:Oh dear.... Korn were announced for Summer Breeze today, which is the week after Bloodstock

I'm fairly sure they were announced as Reading and Leeds exclusive, which is a week or so after Bloodstock as well. Should be fine.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Skippy wrote:
gazsetsfire wrote:Oh dear.... Korn were announced for Summer Breeze today, which is the week after Bloodstock

I'm fairly sure they were announced as Reading and Leeds exclusive, which is a week or so after Bloodstock as well. Should be fine.

Ah yeah of course, totally forgot about that one!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Didn't they play Summer Breeze like last year or the year before?

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Skippy wrote:

And as this announcement doesn't have a headliner we'd have dodged that bullet anyway.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:51 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:New Emmure album is out on Friday..... bloodstock announcement imminent :D

Oh fuck no!

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:59 pm

Warlock wrote:

Didn't they play Summer Breeze like last year or the year before?

I don't think they've ever played it so far

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:22 pm

i0th wrote:Ah I get ya. Yeah they're in America with Metallica & A7x until July then back in Europe. I'm sure they'd've been announced by now were they playing as the tour with Alter Bridge finished last year.

As for Download bands I'd throw Opeth & Ministry in the mix too.

Yeah it wouldn't make sense to hold them back. And if they are huge abroad there might not be the incentive too play a relatively small festival here.
Seems unlikely that 2 bands would get bumped up to headliner position in the same year, they probably see it as a bit of a risk so I don't think it will be Opeth, and too recent a repeat. I was considering Ministry, that would make me very happy, seems unlikely to me though, I know they are not as big as they were in the 90s, but are they still quite big nowadays? Find it hard to tell.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:57 am

Warlock wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:New Emmure album is out on Friday..... bloodstock announcement imminent :D

Oh fuck no!

:) :) :) :) :) :)