Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:25 am

Hatebreed and King 810 being on the Saturday is only furthering my suspicion that the final headliner is Five Finger Death Punch...

Alexmetalstock666
Lowly Peon

Postby Alexmetalstock666 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:25 am

Kreator were pretty much nailed on, not my thing but they obviously deserve their slot so ill give them a chance. King 810 though, what the actual fuck are they all about? Utter shite and an embarrassment to the booking team! Just listening to Inquisition now, pretty decent black metal so will def watch them. King Parrot, after about 10 seconds on a youtube vid, again like King 810, what the fuck is that shit!

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:28 am

bloodofthekings wrote:Hatebreed and King 810 being on the Saturday is only furthering my suspicion that the final headliner is Five Finger Death Punch...

If furthers my suspicion that the organisers hate their own festival...

dtownsend
Lowly Peon

Postby dtownsend » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 am

Alexmetalstock666 wrote:Kreator were pretty much nailed on, not my thing but they obviously deserve their slot so ill give them a chance. King 810 though, what the actual fuck are they all about? Utter shite and an embarrassment to the booking team! Just listening to Inquisition now, pretty decent black metal so will def watch them. King Parrot, after about 10 seconds on a youtube vid, again like King 810, what the fuck is that shit!

You would think that dedicated booking team for Bloodstock would at least know their target audience. Im offering 2/1 odds on Simple Plan or Good Charlotte to headline

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 am

Happy with Kreator, and Inquisition sound OK. King 810 are a band I've never even heard of outside of Vicky and Adam mentioning them, so they were obviously going to happen at some point. I tried listening to both King 810 and King Parrot. Oh dear.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:30 am

Already knew about Kreator.

Inquisition will do and King Parrot are one of those that I half expected after the Obituary/Exodus tour.

King 810? Aren't they the gobshites who think they're dead hard? I would like to see how long they last in Kirkby or (insert your local rough estate here). :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

garyboyd
Definitely Not Nu

Postby garyboyd » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:41 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:King 810? Aren't they the gobshites who think they're dead hard? I would like to see how long they last in Kirkby or (insert your local rough estate here). :lol:

Well they are from Flint Michigan, I suspect they are more than familiar with the sort
of estates you see in Kenny, Croxteth or the Dingle....I guess that's the point?

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:43 am

Hopefully Kreator are the last thrash band added, at least on the main. I've never got the chance to see them, so I guess its semi-decent for me, they at least aren't as bad as Megadave.

Hopefully King 810 are the last mainstream fad band added, at least on...the entire festival. For those who don't know them, they are a Metal Hammer hype band famous for being a bunch of violent thugs who got big from coming from Flint, Michigan, which apparently is worth getting big for. The singer is an arsehole who constantly talks about shooting people. They have constant controversy about bringing guns everywhere (expect them on stage during their set). Musically, who knows? Apparently, from a fan I know everything they've done since the first album came out is dire, but more likely everything in general is dire.

Inquisition. It's good to see some black metal band added. They seem more on the thrashy end than anything else. Not the kind of Black Metal I really like, but a decent headliner I guess. I might need to check out a bit more.

King Parrot I know nothing about, sound shit musically, but could be interesting to watch.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:48 am

Skippy wrote:They have constant controversy about bringing guns everywhere (expect them on stage during their set).

If they're real, they wouldn't get them through customs so hopefully they pull out.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 am

Kreator are one of my all time favourite bands so delighted with that. I really like Inquisition too, and have never seen them (they sound similar to Immortal for those that don't know them). Not familiar with the other two but don't much like the sound of them. Inquisition headlining Friday means they'll probably clash with someone I like though :(

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:54 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
Skippy wrote:They have constant controversy about bringing guns everywhere (expect them on stage during their set).

If they're real, they wouldn't get them through customs so hopefully they pull out.

I'm sure I read they have been thrown out of places before for bringing in guns so hopefully. They have played the UK before though so maybe even they aren't stupid enough to bring them.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:57 am

Soze wrote:Kreator are one of my all time favourite bands so delighted with that. I really like Inquisition too, and have never seen them (they sound similar to Immortal for those that don't know them). Not familiar with the other two but don't much like the sound of them. Inquisition headlining Friday means they'll probably clash with someone I like though :(

The Sophie Stage headliners are now on after the Mainstage headliners, so unless they change it, you'll be fine.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:01 pm

How did the organisers get this years lineup so wrong. It's one of the worst BOA lineups I've ever seen.

Who in their right frame of mind would book King 810 on an exclusive. :?

dtownsend
Lowly Peon

Postby dtownsend » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:04 pm

metalicbear wrote:How did the organisers get this years lineup so wrong. It's one of the worst BOA lineups I've ever seen.

Who in their right frame of mind would book King 810 on an exclusive. :?

I can only assume they've spent most of the budget on magic mushrooms or something, they must be on something to think thats a good booking.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Chelsea Grin, King 810 and Arch Enemy aside, I actually think this lineup is great. Did go to the last 2 Bloodstocks but will be attending this one.