Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:07 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
Skippy wrote:They have constant controversy about bringing guns everywhere (expect them on stage during their set).

If they're real, they wouldn't get them through customs so hopefully they pull out.

Don't even have to be real. Imitation firearms need a permit/licence/piece of paper of some description. Ask those that do re-enactments about the paperwork they now have to have.

Gone are the days you could buy rifles and shotguns from the Littlewoods catalogue.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:12 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Chelsea Grin, King 810 and Arch Enemy aside, I actually think this lineup is great. Did go to the last 2 Bloodstocks but will be attending this one.

Change Arch Enemy for Hatebreed and I agree. I reckon it's one of the best Mainstage line ups for years.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:22 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Chelsea Grin, King 810 and Arch Enemy aside, I actually think this lineup is great. Did go to the last 2 Bloodstocks but will be attending this one.

hmmmmm, looking at the main stage we do unfortunately have a whole heap of shit this year - Chelsea Grin, Whitechapel, King 810, Hatebreed, Brujeria and Skindred....urgh :rolleyes:

Then we have quite a lot of stuff I don't really like and probably won't watch - Soilwork, Decapitated, Municipal Waste and Arch Enemy.

So that's 10 out of 19 mainstage bands announced so far I have absolutely no interest in, already got a ticket, but hardly spaffing about this.

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:27 pm

We all knew it was going to be Kreator. Great addition, but was already going to be seeing them at Wacken.

Inquisition - great addition. A black metal band (which we were in need of) who haven't played before!

King Parrot - don't know them

King 810 - the worst band that has been booked ast Bloodstock in its entire god damn history. Jesus wept.

Im worried by the amount of people I'm seeing responding to the announcement saying '*Tags mates* King 810 and Hatebreed! Literally wanna go for these bands only'. Saturday isn't going to have a very nice atmosphere at all...
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:27 pm

I actually think we've got the makings of a pretty good line-up so far. A non-crap Saturday headliner, and maybe a folk and a power / trad band on Saturday main stage will probably round that all off nicely, assuming we get a bit of stoner and doom on the lower stages.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Leemanruss wrote:
Im worried by the amount of people I'm seeing responding to the announcement saying '*Tags mates* King 810 and Hatebreed! Literally wanna go for these bands only'. Saturday isn't going to have a very nice atmosphere at all...

People said that about the Machine Head and Lamb of God years and, tbh, there wasn't that much of a difference.

Alexmetalstock666
Lowly Peon

Postby Alexmetalstock666 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:31 pm

I see there is nothing on the announcements feed yet regarding todays confirmations, probably aware of the impeding backlash for booking that utterly atrocious pair of kings!

I even checked the date to see if it were April 1st! Sadly not.

Inquisition are a decent booking though, enjoying listening to them atm, still doesn't make up for the other bits of jizz that came flying out this morning...

dtownsend
Lowly Peon

Postby dtownsend » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:38 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:

People said that about the Machine Head and Lamb of God years and, tbh, there wasn't that much of a difference.

I dont understand the hate for Hatebreed. They were decent in 2014, everybody seemed to be having a good time.

patrickransom
Definitely Not Nu

Postby patrickransom » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:45 pm

King 810 cancelled both times they were supposed to be playing Download, not that I'm trying to get anyone's hopes up or anything!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:47 pm

dtownsend wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:

I dont understand the hate for Hatebreed. They were decent in 2014, everybody seemed to be having a good time.

I agree they went down well but with them (and more so King 810), it's down to the crowd that they could potentially attract to Bloodstock that brings about a lot of the negative reaction to their booking. The sort of pathetic, attention-seeking, 'come-at-me-bro', cheast-beating, neanderthal pricks that people don't want at Bloodstock.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Just spent some time on Youtube and can confirm I am with almost everyone else re King810:

You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

garyboyd
Definitely Not Nu

Postby garyboyd » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:54 pm

dtownsend wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:

Yeah, I've always enjoyed hatebreed, they put on a good show, their songs are catchy in a dumbass kind of way and they seem to get a good response from the crowd whenever I've seen them. I think there's a certain amount of snobbery involved with lots of comments about "knuckle dragging fans", but metal isn't all about high brow technical musicianship. Sometimes the best metal has a certain neanderthal flavour to it!

garyboyd
Definitely Not Nu

Postby garyboyd » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:02 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:I agree they went down well but with them (and more so King 810), it's down to the crowd that they could potentially attract to Bloodstock that brings about a lot of the negative reaction to their booking. The sort of pathetic, attention-seeking, 'come-at-me-bro', cheast-beating, neanderthal pricks that people don't want at Bloodstock.

When I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's metal was associated with hells angels and
genuinely scary characters and the gigs were often very violent. The idea that Hatebreed and King 810 fans are in the same category is laughable. How did metalheads become so sensitive???

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:20 pm

dtownsend wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:

I am going to stick my neck out and say that Hatebreed are the worst booking Bloodstock have ever made. Lowest common denominator, chest beating, macho, look-at-me-I'm-hard metal for kiddies who dream of being big manly musclemen. They've been booked 3 times now, always in the third down slot, a slot that could be filled with a band that have some kind of presence, some stage show. King 810, from what I gather at least try to set a mood before the shitty shouty songs stuff. Hatebreed just flop on stage, start shouting about destroying everything, go on about metal brotherhood or whatever nonsense, and then flop back off. I don't even give a fuck about their fans, they are everything everyone else thinks metal is, and not in a good way.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Hope King810 try bringing their weapons over here and get denied entry to the UK

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.