Re: Next Announcement

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:00 am

Personally love Whitechapel and like hatebreed

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:42 am

phuqsticks wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Funnily enough I have previously turned down a free ticket to see King 810. Or rather Slipknot when they played Liverpool Arena.

Now if the same person would give me a ticket to see Iron Maiden at the same venue I would be happy. But I doubt that's going to happen.

Sadly I suspect that they were always on the cards. King 810 share a management company with Amon Amarth, so Bloodstock might possibly have had to take them as part of the Amon deal. Doesn't mean to say I'm going to watch them though!

Doubt that. King 810 have a pinned post on facebook about them playing bloodstock 2017 and the official Bloodstock facebook page commented on the post saying how excited they were to have them on the line up...... never seem them do that for any other band before.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:51 am

Blake_Porter wrote:
phuqsticks wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Funnily enough I have previously turned down a free ticket to see King 810. Or rather Slipknot when they played Liverpool Arena.

Now if the same person would give me a ticket to see Iron Maiden at the same venue I would be happy. But I doubt that's going to happen.

Sadly I suspect that they were always on the cards. King 810 share a management company with Amon Amarth, so Bloodstock might possibly have had to take them as part of the Amon deal. Doesn't mean to say I'm going to watch them though!

Doubt that. King 810 have a pinned post on facebook about them playing bloodstock 2017 and the official Bloodstock facebook page commented on the post saying how excited they were to have them on the line up...... never seem them do that for any other band before.

To be fair, that just smacks of damage control given the overwhelming negative reaction to their booking.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:11 am

Anyone who follows Vicky on Twitter will have seen she is a MASSIVE King 810 fan, always tweeting them/about them.

Worryingly the same could be said about FFDP

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:21 am

cheesemason wrote:Anyone who follows Vicky on Twitter will have seen she is a MASSIVE King 810 fan, always tweeting them/about them.

Successful bookers don't book for themselves, they book for what works well for their festival and for the audience.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:26 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
cheesemason wrote:Anyone who follows Vicky on Twitter will have seen she is a MASSIVE King 810 fan, always tweeting them/about them.

Successful bookers don't book for themselves, they book for what works well for their festival and for the audience.

Oh I know. Just replying to people saying they may have booked King 810 due to shared
Management with other bands. She's wanted to book them for ages and I reckon this is why this announcement got hyped up more than usual.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:07 pm

cheesemason wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:

Oh I know. Just replying to people saying they may have booked King 810 due to shared Management with other bands. She's wanted to book them for ages and I reckon this is why this announcement got hyped up more than usual.

Sad really. Wouldn't want to see Bloodstock become one person's vanity project.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:13 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:

Not a booker so I might be completely wrong but I wouldnt have thought it was uncommon for bookers to put on the odd band or 2 thats they personally really wanna see.

I dont really see it as a massive issue if its 1 or 2 bands

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Just had a read through the Facebook comments and saw that King 810 have went down a lot better than i expected! I know the facebook lot are a lot more core/nu metal friendly but I honestly expected this announcement to be universally lambasted.

There are still comments more akin to what is being said here, but I have say from an objective perspective, their inclusion can be seen as a good booking!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:56 pm

But how many of those are going to be attending the festival?

And how many are fans of the band that have signed up because they are playing?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:But how many of those are going to be attending the festival?

And how many are fans of the band that have signed up because they are playing?

We shall find out in August! :P

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:50 pm

florencethemachine wrote:Just had a read through the Facebook comments and saw that King 810 have went down a lot better than i expected! I know the facebook lot are a lot more core/nu metal friendly but I honestly expected this announcement to be universally lambasted.

There are still comments more akin to what is being said here, but I have say from an objective perspective, their inclusion can be seen as a good booking!

Yeah seems to be quite a mixed response on Facebook, obviously a Marmite band lol. Seen a few people mentioning wanting day tickets for King and Hatebreed so clearly the only UK show factor has some appeal!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
florencethemachine wrote:Just had a read through the Facebook comments and saw that King 810 have went down a lot better than i expected! I know the facebook lot are a lot more core/nu metal friendly but I honestly expected this announcement to be universally lambasted.

Yeah seems to be quite a mixed response on Facebook, obviously a Marmite band lol. Seen a few people mentioning wanting day tickets for King and Hatebreed so clearly the only UK show factor has some appeal!

Saying it on Facebook and actually getting one are two different things though. For all the people saying they would get a ticket just for King 810, I'd be surprised if most of them actually bothered to go.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:08 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:Sad really. Wouldn't want to see Bloodstock become one person's vanity project.

Wouldn't go that far, it's not like she's booked Steps to play :lol:

I remember on a podcast (either that's not metal or the old MH one) they interviewed the DL booker, it's not unusual for bookers to give bands they like the nod within reason. From what I remember it was along the lines of "if they're around, affordable and no one else better suited then why not?" I kind of agree with that, though I find it hard to believe 810 were the best of a bad bunch (if they are then what has this world come to :o ). If X amount of bands have similar drawing appeal when you put all the info together, and have similar demands then I can see why someone would give their favorite the chance over someone else.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:23 pm

Steps would be better. At least their fans have probably grown up not to think being a Gangsta is cool.

But make sure you book the correct Ian Watkins. :eyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp