Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:44 pm

I've never seen Emperor or Amon Amarth so would be happy with them but I saw Megadeth every time they played Scotland from Clash of the Titans 1990 up to the 2007 tour so I really don't care to see them again (would prefer Devin Townsend Project).
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:50 pm

I voted Brexit so we don't have to put up with Devin Townsend again. :P

I mean, come on, here's here all the fucking time. Can't we get him deported? :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Bloody Canadians! :D

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I voted Brexit so we don't have to put up with Devin Townsend again. :P

I mean, come on, here's here all the fucking time. Can't we get him deported? :lol:

on the subject of Brexit, I haven't booked a European festival because the pound is worth bugger all of nowt in Europe, but if Bloosdsock dont give us an announcement that i like soon, I will consider biting the bullet and going abroad again for my summer festival....and sorry Gandalf, I would heartily welcome Devin Townsend playing again....which I accept would mean you having to spend more cash...at the bar :lol:
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:43 pm

DT bored me to death both times I've seen him and can't stand megadirge either, hopefully neither of these will get booked.

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:37 pm

If they are on about repeats, I know King Diamond is booking Summer festivals this year, still doing 'Abigail' in its entirety .
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:58 pm

Chugging Pus wrote:If they are on about repeats, I know King Diamond is booking Summer festivals this year, still doing 'Abigail' in its entirety .

King Diamond is one of the few repeats I'd actually welcome.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:21 pm

Skippy wrote:
Chugging Pus wrote:If they are on about repeats, I know King Diamond is booking Summer festivals this year, still doing 'Abigail' in its entirety .

King Diamond is one of the few repeats I'd actually welcome.

If we have to have a repeat I'd rather Emperor rather than the Screech. Know its not done to dislike KD but I utterly loathe his voice and did not enjoy him last time because of it.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:43 pm

No hope of WASP, not really at the level needed anymore and iirc Blackie pissed off the organisers by being a twat when they headlined.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:32 pm

Megadeth, King Diamond or Emperor would be fine with me. It's easy to complain about repeat headliners but even at Bloodstock's level I think there's a limited number of possibilities...so repeats are inevitable.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:25 pm

i0th wrote:Megadave had a video with some monkeys in it.

Megadeth's live performances were significantly worse in my eyes when they were using the video screens, both at Bloodstock and their own headline shows. They dropped them at Download this year, just went out and played, and for me put on the performance of the festival.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Soze wrote:Megadeth, King Diamond or Emperor would be fine with me. It's easy to complain about repeat headliners but even at Bloodstock's level I think there's a limited number of possibilities...so repeats are inevitable.

Repeats are fine, but if you are just going to rotate through members of the big four every other year for your festival closer that is particularly uninspired. Especially if Emperor or Amon Amarth are headliners as well, as both played the same year. The pool of potential headliners is small but its not THAT small.

2014 was actually the worst year for headliners for me. Down was actually the best, and they were so monumentally boring. Megadave hasn't been able to sing for years and Emperor looked so uninterested to be playing. If we are straight up repeating recent headliners, make it 2012. Alice is always good, and Machine Head were at least tolerable. Just slip King Diamond in as well and I wouldn't complain much.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 am

In our regular group (there's about 20 of us) I don't think anyone enjoyed King Diamond much last time out. Very much an acquired taste, and it wouldn't be a popular re-booking.

On the flipside, Megadeth went down really well last time out.

On a side note, do we think we might get an announcement today/this week? Didn't they say 'mid-October' on the video? Can't get more mid than this at this point!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:01 am

I am hoping for an announcement soon as the longer the silence goes on the more I fear for what will be announced. :eyes:

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:49 am

I think they just said this month and hinted at the tail end of the month... I don't recall them specifying mid. I could be wrong though.