Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:33 am

From what I recall they said there is definitely one at the end of the month and they might have something to announce sooner. I'm guessing that isn't happening now, so maybe we'll get one next week.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Early November for one of the headliners, I think.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:58 pm

Tet wrote:Early November for one of the headliners, I think.

Which is just after the and of Amon Amarth's gigs in London and Scotland iirc.....
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:46 am

I agree that Megadeth closing the festival would be a very lazy booking but also fairly realiable at the same time. Like Slayer and Anthrax this year, we all thought it was a rather lazy boring booking yet they seemed to go down really well and everyone I know enjoyed them. On the other hand King Diamond ard very much an aquired taste like has been said, so not for everyone, a bit like Twisted Sister, so maybe they could do the friday.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:57 am

Skippy wrote:
Soze wrote:Megadeth, King Diamond or Emperor would be fine with me. It's easy to complain about repeat headliners but even at Bloodstock's level I think there's a limited number of possibilities...so repeats are inevitable.

Repeats are fine, but if you are just going to rotate through members of the big four every other year for your festival closer that is particularly uninspired. Especially if Emperor or Amon Amarth are headliners as well, as both played the same year. The pool of potential headliners is small but its not THAT small.

2014 was actually the worst year for headliners for me. Down was actually the best, and they were so monumentally boring. Megadave hasn't been able to sing for years and Emperor looked so uninterested to be playing. If we are straight up repeating recent headliners, make it 2012. Alice is always good, and Machine Head were at least tolerable. Just slip King Diamond in as well and I wouldn't complain much.

Yeah Down was interesting on paper but completely agree they were very boring.
As for Dave Mustaine not being able to sing these days I don't really get that, he's never really been able to 'sing' but that isn't his style!
I'd be happy with Machine Head, I actually like their first 2 albums!
I still think Emperor playing again will devalue them some what as a rarity.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:37 am

Warlock wrote:I still think Emperor playing again will devalue them some what as a rarity.

Eh? A band playing a country twice in over 10 years isn't a rarity?

In fact it would only be their third UK gig since 1999. Half the attendance wasn't even born then. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:18 am

I think AA will be one of them - Vicky and Adam mentioned being able to do the Icelandic/Viking World Cup chant thing next year...
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Tokes9
Lowly Peon

Postby Tokes9 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:48 am

Warlock wrote:I'd be happy with Machine Head, I actually like their first 2 albums!

Whilst it's hardly a guarantee, Machine Head stated that they won't be making any festival appearances whatsoever during this current album cycle. I'd be reasonably happy with them, but I don't expect them.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/MachineHead/posts/10152541213568823

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:14 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Warlock wrote:I still think Emperor playing again will devalue them some what as a rarity.

In fact it would only be their third UK gig since 1999. Half the attendance wasn't even born then. :lol:

4th.

Reunion gig at the Astoria in 2006.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:44 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:

4th.

Reunion gig at the Astoria in 2006.

Since 1999. So not including 1999. I'd already counted 2006.

2006 and 2014, can't remember any others.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:53 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:

Well I can kind of understand Warlock's point, playing the same one off festival date twice in three years kind of diminishes the uniqueness of the event. Although in the grand scheme of things, twice in three years when they've only done one other UK date this millennium is still a hell of a rarity.

Well, I'm still hoping for Megadeth at least, but I'm hugely biast :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:13 pm

But it's not like they are going to be playing the same songs. It's not even the same line up.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Plus, they probably won't be doing another tour for years, if ever. The albums remaining are a lot less popular than Nightside and Anthems.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:13 pm

A tease, no date:

"Bloodstockvicky ‏@vickyhungerford

The first @BLOODSTOCKFEST band announcement is looking awesome !!!!!!!!!"
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:19 pm

So a tease of an announcement of an announcement then. :lol: