Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:So a tease of an announcement of an announcement then. :lol:

But of course, wouldn't be Bloodstock otherwise.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:25 pm

fluffkitten wrote:A tease, no date:

"Bloodstockvicky ‏@vickyhungerford

The first @BLOODSTOCKFEST band announcement is looking awesome !!!!!!!!!"

and the first shitstorm on the forums is also looking awesome :lol:

This to me makes me AA is more likely, they're ready to announce some bands but obviously they can't just now....because they have an upcoming tour...

VizardAmata wrote:Plus, they probably won't be doing another tour for years, if ever. The albums remaining are a lot less popular than Nightside and Anthems.

Give it until the 30th anniversary and they can repeat the cycle :eyes:

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:55 am

I agree on the thought that it'll be Amon Amarth.

I'm guessing the tease for earlier in October was them working on an agreement to announce a different headliner/sub and it simply hasn't come off.

Do we think, from Vicky's tweet, that we may be getting a handful of bands?

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:00 am

Haldamir319 wrote:I agree on the thought that it'll be Amon Amarth.

I'm guessing the tease for earlier in October was them working on an agreement to announce a different headliner/sub and it simply hasn't come off.

That's how I'd read it, hopefully at least 3-4

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:39 am

I hope we get a few bands announced at the same time as it gives us more to discuss/complain about :D
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:13 am

Haldamir319 wrote:I agree on the thought that it'll be Amon Amarth.

That again makes me think that the band they were going to announce are one that has an upcoming tour as well. If it's a band playing continental fests then why haven't they announced them yet? Unless there is a tour... and lets face it BOA aren't adverse to booking bands who have only just toured the winter before (yes i'm aware could be a ton of other reasons but to me this one makes the most sense).

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:40 pm

Vader and Amon Amarth among a couple of others I'm guessing. I also think Acid Reign may be back

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:34 pm

bloodblind wrote:Vader and Amon Amarth among a couple of others I'm guessing. I also think Acid Reign may be back

Doubt Acid Reign would play 2 years in a row, if they were I think they wouldn't be announced for a while yet, they only announced a UK tour last week.

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:04 pm

Vader finally playing would make me happy
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:05 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Warlock wrote:I still think Emperor playing again will devalue them some what as a rarity.

Eh? A band playing a country twice in over 10 years isn't a rarity?

In fact it would only be their third UK gig since 1999. Half the attendance wasn't even born then. :lol:

Well I can kind of understand Warlock's point, playing the same one off festival date twice in three years kind of diminishes the uniqueness of the event. Although in the grand scheme of things, twice in three years when they've only done one other UK date this millennium is still a hell of a rarity.

Well, I'm still hoping for Megadeth at least, but I'm hugely biast :lol:

Yeah thats kind of what I mean, plus they have been about abroad. But yeah I guess looking at it that way it is still a rarity.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:But it's not like they are going to be playing the same songs. It's not even the same line up.

Ah right I didn't know that, just when you see their name on the poster you don't always know about them doing a certain album.

VizardAmata wrote:Plus, they probably won't be doing another tour for years, if ever. The albums remaining are a lot less popular than Nightside and Anthems.

That's true, could they not do a normal none album set?

Either way I'm not complaining, I'd be happy for them to play again! Was just thinking why they couldn't do a sub slot, for example

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:31 pm

VizardAmata wrote:I think they just said this month and hinted at the tail end of the month... I don't recall them specifying mid. I could be wrong though.

Halloween announcement then (if at all this month), would of thought they would of started hyping/hinting if it was to be on Monday though (being the first announcement and all).

Warlock wrote:

That's true, could they not do a normal none album set?

Either way I'm not complaining, I'd be happy for them to play again! Was just thinking why they couldn't do a sub slot, for example

Well even if they did a normal set most of the material would be drawn from Nightshade and Welkin anyway, doubt they would be able to headline off the back of it though. If they did an album in full set then they have the draw of it being a rare show+ album in full which would probably make them a headliner.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:19 am

First announcement not until early November according to an email they just sent out.

By end of October last year 7 bands had been announced, with another 3 in mid November so let's hope it's a large announcement to get back up to speed

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Could be trying to pull a Hellfest and just announce like 20 bands at once, hopefully most of them will be as good. :lol:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:45 pm

I doubt it, I imagine instead of doing 3 bands every fortnight they'll just announce 4 or something. That or they carry on with 3 and the bigger name bands are announced for longer/closer to the fest whereas they normally dry up around March.