Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Next Announcement

Postby robin8585 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:07 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:New BOA poster on FB shows Venom Prison mainstage Sunday and Xentrix on Sophie stage Saturday.

So another hardcore band I've never heard of for the mainstage and yet another thrash band for Saturday (I like thrash, but it's just silly now). If they're going to book no-name nonsense they could at least have made it Beholder so we could all get our smug on.

Really gutted to loose Scarab, and hopefully Mantar are just switching days and it hasn't been updated. I'm not seeing any other new bands on the Sophie to replace them, but I might just be being dense.

EDIT: Just noticed Red Rum are there. Would have preferred Mantar as I only saw Red Rum recently, but they're good fun so I can't really complain.
Last edited by robin8585 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:08 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:New BOA poster on FB shows Venom Prison mainstage Sunday and Xentrix on Sophie stage Saturday.

Red Rum also on Saturday so I'm guessing they've replaced Mantar and Scarab

Wish I had put Venom Prison on my bingo, I've had an inkling they were going to be playing :lol:

I'm happy with Xentrix though, just hope they don't clash with Kreator or Ghost :)

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:09 am

Mantar have pulled out too. They're being replaced with Red Rum.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Hotchilidog
Powermetal Child

Postby Hotchilidog » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:09 am

Venom Prison are great, very pleased they are on the bill.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:11 am

Happy with Red Rum providing more folk but gutted that we have lost Scarab

Raven
Leather Rebel

Postby Raven » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 am

I lasted 6 seconds liketimg to venom prison...absolute shite.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:26 am

Considering how late they've pulled out, those are pretty good replacements for Mantar and Scarab. It means I should be able to watch Red Rum instead of Hatebreed, which is definitely a plus. Won't Xentrix clash with Kreator now though? That is a really stupid clash if true, but with so much thrash I'm not really surprised.

I'm surprised Venom Prison are MAINSTAGE big now, let alone second on mainstage. I saw them a year or so ago, and they looked really nervous to be on stage, but seems like they must have gotten much bigger. The amount of death metal in a row on Sunday is stupid now though, surely they could have swapped them and Xentrix around, to balance the bill just a bit more?

The New Blood bands will completely depend on clashes. There's a few I hope to see, but I won't properly check them out yet.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:30 am

I don't want to get anyones hopes up but... no bands were added above Na Cruithne, which would mean they are a slot high than the app had them, meaning the wouldn't clash with Hell.

garyboyd
Definitely Not Nu

Postby garyboyd » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:20 am

Very happy with Venom Prison, I saw them last year and they
were really impressive, looking forward to seeing them again.

Xentrix is another good choice, although if they clash with
Kreator I won't be watching unfortunately.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:22 am

metalicbear wrote:Didn't Dee Snider say there were 20k there watching them last year at BOA?

Dee is an entertainer, and says what he needs to say on stage in order to entertain. Don't treat his on stage words as truth.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:38 am

robin8585 wrote:

So another hardcore band I've never heard of for the mainstage and yet another thrash band for Saturday (I like thrash, but it's just silly now). If they're going to book no-name nonsense they could at least have made it Beholder so we could all get our smug on.

Really gutted to loose Scarab, and hopefully Mantar are just switching days and it hasn't been updated. I'm not seeing any other new bands on the Sophie to replace them, but I might just be being dense.

EDIT: Just noticed Red Rum are there. Would have preferred Mantar as I only saw Red Rum recently, but they're good fun so I can't really complain.

I don't think you can call Xentrix "no name nonsense" seeing as they are one of the few Heavy Metal bands to have had a chart hit. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:53 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
robin8585 wrote:

I don't think you can call Xentrix "no name nonsense" seeing as they are one of the few Heavy Metal bands to have had a chart hit. :lol:

I meant Venom Prison, but I can see now that's unclear. Xentrix I've heard of.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:58 am

Ah. right.

Problem is they've replaced one band I probably would have watched but won't because they clash with Kreator, with another.

I don't know Venom Prison. I've heard the name and have always assumed they were something I wouldn't like as they always play on bills with bands I don't like, usually kiddie Metalcore bands.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Not paid to much attention to them but know they played Damnation last year and have been getting rapidly more popular since then according to some friends of mine who are fans

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Wouldn't've watched Scarab or Mantar but will def watch all of Red Rum and go see the rest of Xentrix's set once Kreator have finished so happy with that. Never heard of Venom Prison so will give them a listen later along with the all the New Blood bands.

I've updated my clashfinder with the new bands, great that Na Cruithne have been bumped up a slot :yes:
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18