Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:16 am

i0th wrote:Out of the bottom 12 I only plan on watching 3 - Havok, Forever Still & Fallujah and even then I'm not that fussed on FS but there's very little on Friday early hours I want to watch so will see them. It's really poor lower half of the Dio stage this year for me.

Can't disagree with that, however once the 4th band (except 810) starts the mainstage really steps it up to the point of compensating for the first 3 bands (except Havok, great band).

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:29 am

One of the best bands on the entire bill is criminally in the bottom three, Possessed.

The Saturday bottom three are fine, it's just the other days that are awful, especially on the Friday. All easily avoided though.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:52 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:One of the best bands on the entire bill is criminally in the bottom three, Possessed.

The Saturday bottom three are fine, it's just the other days that are awful, especially on the Friday. All easily avoided though.

Possessed can't really be much higher up though, maybe above Brujeria and Hell, but the other bands are definitely bigger...having those 2 above Obituary is wierd too, Hell ain't that big, they're just going to get a big crowd on the back of their previous BOA performance. It should go Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Skindred, Obituary, Possessed, Hell, Brujeria, Venom Prison, Broken Teeth.

Really can't believe how naff the main stage is on Friday, apart from the last 3 bands, which I love, but I utterly hate the first 3 bands, and am completely ambivalent to the next 3 bands. This is probably the biggest stretch of time there's been on any one day when I don't want to see anyone on the main stage; existensive investigation of bands on the other stages needed.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:24 am

Oh I definitely blame the media over the years and to a lesser extent the average Heavy Metal fan, who hype up the latest bunch of nobodies, but ignore genuine talent.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:39 pm

...I thought Possessed were 4th on going by the poster on FB :eyes:

Gandalf the Red wrote:Oh I definitely blame the media over the years and to a lesser extent the average Heavy Metal fan, who hype up the latest bunch of nobodies, but ignore genuine talent.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 pm

The app has Possessed on 4th, after Brujeria and before Obituary.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Now I'm confused. Fourth from top or bottom? I'm guessing bottom.

I'm going by the Line Up page, I don't do Apps. http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/events/boa-2017/stages

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:29 am

On 4th means on 4th from bottom.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:13 am

Haldamir319 wrote:On 4th means on 4th from bottom.

Yep

Gandalf the Red wrote:Now I'm confused. Fourth from top or bottom? I'm guessing bottom.

I'm going by the Line Up page, I don't do Apps. http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/events/boa-2017/stages

I'm going by a mix of the line up poster and line up page

I read the line up poster as going upwards from the bottom then right to left, so Sunday goes: BT, VP, Brujeria, Possessed, Obituary, Hell... Which is what I had think makes nearly the most sense (I'd still move Obituary above Hell but that's personal opinoin).

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:24 am

Yeah, that agrees with the app.

BigHammer666
Lowly Peon

Postby BigHammer666 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Aerosol_Kid wrote:Happy with a fair chunk of that, think of the shit we could have got!

Thor are a lot like guns and roses, very similar actually I think! :) Guns and roses much better though, but well excited!