Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Soze » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:11 pm

The last couple of years have seen strong early announcements in an attempt to woo people into an early bird ticket. Followed by a steady stream of disappointment from the new year onwards! I haven't been for three years now because of the poor line ups, always find myself regretting it nearer the time though (when I can't afford the outlay in one go!) so may just fuck it and go regardless next year.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:11 am

I see Vicky is pushing the Judas Priest hashtag on twitter again in the last 24 hours.

I still don't think they will play but it gives me a little hope it is a possibility.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:51 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I see Vicky is pushing the Judas Priest hashtag on twitter again in the last 24 hours.

I still don't think they will play but it gives me a little hope it is a possibility.

To which people get their hopes up and then get disappointed at whoever else is announced instead

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Judging by some of the comments, some people seem to have the wrong end of the stick and think that its some kind of confirmation they've been booked
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Oh don't worry, they will be booked.

Headlining on Friday I'm sure!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:08 pm

But we all know the Facebook page is populated by morons who have never attended BOA. :lol:

You've got people asking for bands that can headline 100,000 capacity festivals.
People asking for bands that play mid afternoon to be headliners.

And the funniest one of all, asking for a band that cancelled their tour due to "terrorism", whereas the rest of the bill carried on with the tour. Good luck getting them to turn up. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:28 pm

You mean Lamb of God?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:14 am

Yep.

I know a few gigs were cancelled at the time because of a potential threat. But most bands carried on with their tours, including Children Of Bodom and Sylosis who were on the same tour. As did Carcass, Obituary, etc. on the Deathcrusher tour.

So if they get booked we just need to pretend that we are all a bunch of terrorists. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:03 am

I'm hoping they have got Priest booked otherwise a twitter campaign and a hashtag is a bit desperate.

It's a metal festival, you don't have to gauge support on twitter for one of the biggest bands in that genre for the past four and a half decades.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:15 pm

I don't think they're gauging support, I'm guessing they've contacted Priest before and they've said no, probably thinking it too small for them. So they're hoping a concerted fan plea will win them over!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:37 am

If it ends up working, then I will be very happy indeed. Priest would be perfect. :D

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Soze wrote:I don't think they're gauging support, I'm guessing they've contacted Priest before and they've said no, probably thinking it too small for them. So they're hoping a concerted fan plea will win them over!

How would that help make BOA unique though? I'm sure if lots venues/festivals asked their fans/would be attendees if they wanted Priest to play then most of them would say yes. All this does is just state the obvious. If this "tactic" for want of a better word was used to try and win over a band unsure of their demand in the UK then I could see it helping but Priest? They're pretty much in demand in a lot places already.

P.S. I would still love to see Priest play BOA :D

BStobart
Definitely Not Nu

Postby BStobart » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:52 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:But we all know the Facebook page is populated by morons who have never attended BOA. :lol:

You've got people asking for bands that can headline 100,000 capacity festivals.
People asking for bands that play mid afternoon to be headliners.

And the funniest one of all, asking for a band that cancelled their tour due to "terrorism", whereas the rest of the bill carried on with the tour. Good luck getting them to turn up. :P

Oh my goodness, that page. It's an intellectual cesspit. So much bandwagoning, political correctnesss, self entitlement and people being twats in general.
I saw some post where some guy was whining about people being rude about his band requests, somehow relating his 'suffering' of Asperger's syndrome to it all. Then of course, fucking everyone had to weigh in and coddle him. So many thin skinned, sensitive people on there. A mate of mine got blocked from Facebook commenting/messaging for a few days because he commented the word 'faggot' on another mate's post on the event page. Sure, it's a childish insult, but worth reporting someone over? Nah.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:10 pm

houston4044 wrote:How would that help make BOA unique though? I'm sure if lots venues/festivals asked their fans/would be attendees if they wanted Priest to play then most of them would say yes. All this does is just state the obvious. If this "tactic" for want of a better word was used to try and win over a band unsure of their demand in the UK then I could see it helping but Priest? They're pretty much in demand in a lot places already.

I don't think uniqueness has anything to do with it. Bloodstock have seen that, year after year, Priest are the most requested headliner. Priest aren't fussed about playing there though (presumably) so they're hoping for fans to plead with the band directly. It's nothing to do with a band unsure of their demand, more of a band who overestimate their demand. They'd rather play Download where they wouldn't get as good a slot.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:26 pm

I'm not sure it's about overestimating their demand, it's more about money. Priest are asking for eye watering amounts of money. Download can afford it where Bloodstock can't. It's that simple. I assume the hope is that if the band see fans clamouring for it, they might be prepared to negotiate on their fee.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...