Next Announcement

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Soze » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:27 pm

BStobart wrote:Oh my goodness, that page. It's an intellectual cesspit. So much bandwagoning, political correctnesss, self entitlement and people being twats in general.
I saw some post where some guy was whining about people being rude about his band requests, somehow relating his 'suffering' of Asperger's syndrome to it all. Then of course, fucking everyone had to weigh in and coddle him. So many thin skinned, sensitive people on there. A mate of mine got blocked from Facebook commenting/messaging for a few days because he commented the word 'faggot' on another mate's post on the event page. Sure, it's a childish insult, but worth reporting someone over? Nah.

If I've read that correctly, you're criticising somewhere as an intellectual cesspit because its residents favour reasoned, polite discussion ahead of calling strangers with a different taste in music 'faggots' and bullying people with social disorders. Ironic.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:57 am

Tet wrote:I'm not sure it's about overestimating their demand, it's more about money. Priest are asking for eye watering amounts of money. Download can afford it where Bloodstock can't. It's that simple. I assume the hope is that if the band see fans clamouring for it, they might be prepared to negotiate on their fee.

Any idea if it's higher or lower than what Marilyn Manson was charging Alt-Fest?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Soze wrote:
BStobart wrote:Oh my goodness, that page. It's an intellectual cesspit. So much bandwagoning, political correctnesss, self entitlement and people being twats in general.
I saw some post where some guy was whining about people being rude about his band requests, somehow relating his 'suffering' of Asperger's syndrome to it all. Then of course, fucking everyone had to weigh in and coddle him. So many thin skinned, sensitive people on there. A mate of mine got blocked from Facebook commenting/messaging for a few days because he commented the word 'faggot' on another mate's post on the event page. Sure, it's a childish insult, but worth reporting someone over? Nah.

If I've read that correctly, you're criticising somewhere as an intellectual cesspit because its residents favour reasoned, polite discussion ahead of calling strangers with a different taste in music 'faggots' and bullying people with social disorders. Ironic.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Any idea when we might get the first announcement?
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:12 am

tmcgoay wrote:Any idea when we might get the first announcement?

As we've discussed a few pages back, there are always announcements in October, so sometime then at the latest.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:51 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Any idea if it's higher or lower than what Marilyn Manson was charging Alt-Fest?

I don't know how much Manson was charging. I know he was paid £100,000 up front with more to follow, and yes, it's more than that.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Tet wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:Any idea if it's higher or lower than what Marilyn Manson was charging Alt-Fest?

I don't know how much Manson was charging. I know he was paid £100,000 up front with more to follow, and yes, it's more than that.

I read it was in excess of £250,000 (for MM), though I'm struggling to find a source admittedly.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:19 am

Haldamir319 wrote:
Tet wrote:

I read it was in excess of £250,000 (for MM), though I'm struggling to find a source admittedly.

I remember reading that £100,000 was his guarantee, I swear I heard his price was closer to a million though; I remember it was a number me and my friends found absolutely ridiculous for Manson in 2013 (cba to google the year). I think it also transpired the price was inflated because Manson was taking a gamble on an un-established festival so I wouldn't take the figures as fixed

BStobart
Definitely Not Nu

Postby BStobart » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:30 am

Soze wrote:

Not quite, more the point is the way people on there are constantly circlejerking and virtue signalling. That guy was almost praised for being on the spectrum. No one bullied him for being autistic. They were rude to him because they're whiny people who take music too seriously. Just to be clear, I do not condone that kind of behaviour, nor do I condone the word 'faggot', but I still hold my view that everyone is oversensitive in that group.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:19 pm

I saw that post, and he was complaining because people shot down his ideas for bands. He then posted "Oh I thought this festival was friendly, I have Aspergers so I dunno if I should go now if people are like this". (Or something to that effect.)

No one brought up his condition except him, and tbh judging thousands of festival attendees by a bunch of keyboard warriors on Facebook is dumb.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:34 pm

Soze wrote:
houston4044 wrote:How would that help make BOA unique though? I'm sure if lots venues/festivals asked their fans/would be attendees if they wanted Priest to play then most of them would say yes. All this does is just state the obvious. If this "tactic" for want of a better word was used to try and win over a band unsure of their demand in the UK then I could see it helping but Priest? They're pretty much in demand in a lot places already.

I don't think uniqueness has anything to do with it. Bloodstock have seen that, year after year, Priest are the most requested headliner. Priest aren't fussed about playing there though (presumably) so they're hoping for fans to plead with the band directly. It's nothing to do with a band unsure of their demand, more of a band who overestimate their demand. They'd rather play Download where they wouldn't get as good a slot.

Not sure what you mean by "not as good a slot". Priest play main support at Download to 80,000 people. Why would they choose headlining Bloodstock over that, when the audience is only going be about a quarter of the size compared to Download?

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Why did Kreator play Wacken in 2014 (headline slot), Summer Breeze in 2015 (headline slot), and Metal days in 2016 (headline slot)?(~100k, 20k and 12k) I can see your point, but if they're touring it shouldn't be a complete obstacle (and there don't seem to be plans at the moment) They're playing Brixton Academy when they tour, not arenas, so it stands to reason that if they could get Slayer then Priest shouldn't be insurmountable on SIZE, it will just be a monetary consideration.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Subheadlining Download has never stopped bands playing Bloodstock before. Look at Rob Zombie for one.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:25 am

Jeez... you know, if Priest are asking for too much from a festival than can afford Slayer, Rob Zombie and Twisted Sister, they might need to calm down. I know they're a legendary band and everything but still.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:52 am

VizardAmata wrote:Jeez... you know, if Priest are asking for too much from a festival than can afford Slayer, Rob Zombie and Twisted Sister, they might need to calm down. I know they're a legendary band and everything but still.

But Priest don't need Bloodstock's money. They can go and headline much bigger festivals in Europe and get paid more (and probably get paid more for the 'special guest' slot they've had at Download a couple of times) so why would they care whether or not they ever headline Bloodstock?