Food Guide

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
thespis_mellie
Definitely Not Nu

Re: Food Guide

Postby thespis_mellie » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:19 pm

This is a great idea, Kate. I'm vegetarian (not fully vegan...maybe next year) and could name at least 5 stalls (yours included) that did vegan food.

A food guide would be awesome for people who choose vegan / vegetarian lifestyles and also for people with food allergies/sensitivities.

(I saw the complaints and they must not have looked very hard...)
Symphonic metal, joint-fronted by 'sopranos with balls' - http://www.aoniaband.co.uk

PowerThrash
Warrior of Metal

Postby PowerThrash » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:19 am

I easily found loads of Vegan options at Bloodstock 2016 in the arena, you just have to walk around a bit, why not label the beers with a green V to denote Vegan in the VIP bar as that would be a massive bonus.
:rock:

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:39 am

I approve of this. Meg and I spent £250 on food from Friday until Monday morning and we have no regrets. There was a great deal of variety and most of it was pretty good. The campsite burger vans were indeed a bit lacking but come on, if you're going to buy a campsite burger you might as well just eat ravioli out of a tin, go into the arena and enter flavour country.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Brendancoles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Brendancoles » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:09 pm

£250?! I spent £0. As long as you enjoyed it though!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Snap!

I just ate stuff I brought with me such as breakfast bars and crisps. Probably cost less than a burger. :P

Spent a fair bit on beer though....
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Damn, that's a lot. I took £200 and came back with money, and bought two meals per day from the stalls.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:49 pm

I only spent £80 over the weekend (not counting the hostel and BGC), but I don't drink beer or cider, and there was no mead on sale ( :( ).

Still, the food guide is a good idea. I personally had no trouble keeping myself (veggie) fed with Deli Kate's and the VIP bar pizza stall. :yes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:55 pm

WorMzy wrote:there was no mead on sale

There was in the VIP bar. I don't know if I only noticed it on the Sunday, or whether it was available for the whole weekend.

I don't know precisely how much I spent, but I'd guess at somewhere around 250-300 quid.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Mm, Noodle said he saw some some when I saw him after Slayer, but by that point I'd already spent all my money. Bit annoying because I checked at the VIP bar every day, and they didn't have any, and when I asked Sunday morning they said they weren't getting any. :/
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:38 am

I did ask for Alan Shepard every time I went to the bar but, understandably, he was never about to talk to him about requests - particularly mead.

Food guide: Very good idea, however I think it would suffer the same ignorance from those who couldn't just walk around the arena. For everyone else though I think it would prove useful to release a list of traders amongst the market, and whether the food traders offer veggie or vegan options onto the website/forum for folks to print off.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:58 am

Ah ffs, I asked a couple of times if they had Mead and got told there wasn't any. Needs to be a dedicated Mead stall next year in the main arena preferably just in case I don't get Roc Soc next year.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:09 am

Yeah.... That stall by hell.... Payed £7-£8 for a sausage and bacon baguette..... Bacon was cold n fat was like elastic..... And the (rare) sausage i kicked at my mate...... The baguette was nice enough though :eyes: too be honest for the extra few quid to share a taxi to burton the weatherspoons is awesome had a spot on breakfast with a pint of coors ( that seemed to last forever after all that food)
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

Korthkor
Warrior of Metal
Location: Ghaarenkor (town), Uttorutrothokor (region), Karthon (nation), Ulaan (planet), Mulahai (star system)

Postby Korthkor » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Jobdone wrote:One wander and you'd find pizza pockets, real pizzas, paellas, lovely paninis, chips, chili bread, specific veggie places, pancake place and all the other shit.

I'm veggie for health reasons. I can't eat junk food (pizzas, chippies, pancakes, panini's etc) because it makes me terribly ill, the same goes for anything that's little more than cheese and bread. The 'specific veggie places' must have sprung up this year when I wasn't in attendance to the festival, though I've never seen a veggie stall at a fest or other outdoor event which didn't cater entirely to hippies (falafels, panini's, burgers consiting of unseasoned mashed vegetables, that sort of tasteless mush). As good as deli kate are, their menu is not constant, they often run out of many of their ingredients, and as such they're not of great use for me towards the end of the festival.

Despite Bloodstock being set in the middle of england, there is nowhere where you can buy Jacket Potatoes, Beans on Toast, Quorn Veggie burgers, Egg Baps, Curries or Stews - Actual hearty food that can fuel days of relentless headbanging.
I looked into the eye of the fish.

BOA 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest 12, 13, 14, 15
BEER, BEER, BEERMAGEDDON! 14'

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Rarelly buy food at BOA as I bring my own daily. At Wacken the chinese and Mexican food stalls cooked the meat in a seperate pand from the veg so they could offer both regular and Veggie options without having to speciallize, do any of the BOA stalls do that?

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:45 am

Korthkor wrote:
Jobdone wrote:One wander and you'd find pizza pockets, real pizzas, paellas, lovely paninis, chips, chili bread, specific veggie places, pancake place and all the other shit.
The 'specific veggie places' must have sprung up this year when I wasn't in attendance to the festival

No, the vegan/veggie stall had been there for at least 4 years (the first time I noticed it was 2012) and it was probably there before that.