Food Guide

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets

Food Guide

Postby Deli Kate » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:01 am

So many people on face book complaining about the lack of vegan options, amongst other food types.
They seem to be incapable of walking around looking at the various food traders :?
Please could we have the traders added to the map for next year, not just food but all of the markets too.
It doesn't have to be anything fancy, possibly something in black and white which could be printed off easily, or maybe added to the lanyard.
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Food Guide

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:42 am

That's a great idea! Some sort of directory that lists the vendors, and maybe little nomenclature to signify if they do vegetarian, vegan etc.

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:44 am

the VIP bar can print a list with notes of over 100 beers and ciders so it should be quite feasible to add the food/drink vendors info to the official guide. adding a code for vegetarian/vegan/gluten free/organic/whatever is quick and useful
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:22 am

Excellent idea. The complaining is really annoying - I managed to spot several veggie/vegan things without even trying. It's not like there are hundreds of food stalls - it takes 20 minutes at the most to see what they all have on offer.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:10 am

Probably the type that just stay in the campsite most of the weekend, look at the burger/bacon butty van and dismiss all the other vendors as selling the same rather than having a look at each individual stall. I saw plenty of veggie options without even looking, and if it was that much a problem (special medical diet) then I'm sure you would have made other arrangements.

Funnily enough I was having a conversation with someone the other week who assumes that festivals are still like Monsters Of Rock in the 1980s and just have a hot dog stand, beer tent selling crap and next to no facilities.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:36 am

The moaning was nuts.

Some fella saying he only found burgers and bacon sarnies must've never been beyond the campsite stalls. One wander and you'd find pizza pockets, real pizzas, paellas, lovely paninis, chips, chili bread, specific veggie places, pancake place and all the other shit.

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:42 am

I was disgusted with the cold £7 double cheese burger i had on Sunday. They are pre cooked and then just warmed up ready to be slap on the cob. How do they get away with it. :x

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:46 am

I'm pretty sure people just don't actually, you know, use their eyes. Off the top of my head there was Deli Kate, the Veggie/Vegan place that was LITERALLY called that, the Paella place and the Bunnyhop chilli. I probably didn't see some as well.

If people CBA to get off their arse and actually look when the options are there, they can fuck right off. It's not even that large a site, so it's not hard to do a walk of the whole thing FFS. But, I agree that a list of vendors would be a good idea just in general.

Hotchilidog
Powermetal Child

Postby Hotchilidog » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:28 pm

As a vegan myself I actually ate pretty well. Availed myself of the paninis, the chilli in bread thing, a surprisingly decent burger and some paella. Not the widest range of food but enough to keep me going. I thought the standard of food was very good. I will not be complaining if the same choice is offered next year.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:30 pm

I dont understand this.

My diet could almost be described as carnivorous so im paying absolutely no attention to vegetarian/vegan stuff yet even with that complete lack of effort I could point out several places doing it.

Are these people not looking at the stalls at all?

fearoftheduck
Lowly Peon

Postby fearoftheduck » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:32 pm

MadManiac wrote:I was disgusted with the cold £7 double cheese burger i had on Sunday. They are pre cooked and then just warmed up ready to be slap on the cob. How do they get away with it. :x

I enjoyed a freezing cold panini, a large hockey puck of a pizza, scampi that almost had no fish and chips and cheese that saw all the cheese just drop off in the arena. Though I did get one of the garlic bread + cheese numbers, sweet n sour chicken and some excellent chili in half a loaf, so it's not all bad news. Then again, I just remembered the "full English" I had from the one of the Midgard shops, never before have I been able to lift an entire serving of scrambled eggs on one fork. Seemed much more hit and miss this year.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:33 pm

Was that the "full english in a box" place? I steered well clear of that, haha.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:00 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Was that the "full english in a box" place? I steered well clear of that, haha.

I can't believe that stall is still going. Someone in my camp got one of those in 2008 and it looked like a car crash - the bacon was grey!
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:57 pm

:hurl: :hurl: I dunno, it's not like they've even changed their name like the "Gourmet" burger place.

learnedrobb
Lowly Peon

Postby learnedrobb » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 pm

I'm gluten free, and it took me and my mates a quick 10 minute wander around the arena to identify the suitable foods for me on the Friday morning (should have done it on the Thursday though... had some nachos, which are almost always GF safe, from the nacho van and there was some nasty cross contamination due to poor food handling which caused me to have a very nasty reaction).