Bands NOT playing BOA 2017

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Bands NOT playing BOA 2017

Postby Chugging Pus » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:37 pm

I done a thread like this a few years ago and it seemed to go down quite well. Bands not playing 2017 for confirmed reasons. Adds to the guessing speculation of bands that might be playing. To start the list

Autopsy (Scotland gig is only gig in the UK this year)
Exhumed (Netherlands DF - European Exclusive)
Marduk (Scotland gig is UK exclusive)
Nightwish (Taking a one year break)
Repulsion (Netherlands DF - European Exclusive)
Last edited by Chugging Pus on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Re: Bands NOT playing BOA 2017

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Annihilator - cannot agree with BOA on placement on bill and fee

Manowar - totally unreasonable demands to play
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Raven
Leather Rebel

Postby Raven » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:19 am

Wouldn't say annihilator will definately not play...just need to come to some arrangement.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:24 am

If we're mentioning Manowar then all those other huge bands that people on facebook cry out for. Always makes me laugh when people sincerely request the likes of Metallica, Rush or Iron Maiden.

Back to reality...didn't Cradle of Filth say they'd never play again after the gobstopper incident? I know a lot of people hate them but I'm a big fan and this quite pisses me off, I've seen them go down a storm at some overseas festivals.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:02 pm

I hadn't heard about the gobstopper incident. I'm no huge fan of cradle of filth but they don't deserve stuff thrown at them. Neddish behaviour.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Chugging Pus wrote:Autopsy (Scotland gig is only gig in the UK this year)

Ah damn, didn't know that :(

I've heard that Kreator won't play BOA again unless they headline, guess since they haven't kept up with BOA's growth that's them out.

Same applies to Saxon but heard it straight from the horses mouth when they last played (although they were a bit more ambiguous and didn't outright claim to never play again just highly unlikely if memory serves me right)

Edit: and to assuage people's worries I believe I read somewhere that Disturbed's tour with Avenged Sevenfold will be their last for awhile

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Don't know where you got that from?

Kreator play bigger venues than some headliners and the same venues as Amon Amarth (who many people are expecting to headline) without the need to bring Testament and Grand Magus to attract punters. There may be reasons for them not playing, but that's not it.

Saxon have been saying the same since 2009. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CelestialWishDaniel
Powermetal Child

Postby CelestialWishDaniel » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:39 pm

I think it's because last time Kreator played Bloodstock, Mille went 'THE NEXT TIME WE PLAY HERE WE'LL BE HEADLINING THIS FESTIVAL' while doing the whole Flag of Hate/Metal Sandwich thing, as I remember. I suppose the argument is that it'd seem kind of silly for them to come back if they're not headlining?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:45 am

I wasn't there I was just going by what I heard, which wasn't correct so it seems...

BStobart
Definitely Not Nu

Postby BStobart » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:26 pm

I made a snarky comment on Facebook about BOA selling early bird tickets to loyal fans without any bookings and they've basically confirmed that Bring Me The Horizon won't be playing :lol:
But err yeah, Judas Priest. I know everyone's still going on about that but I still doubt it.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:49 pm

BStobart wrote:I made a snarky comment on Facebook about BOA selling early bird tickets to loyal fans without any bookings and they've basically confirmed that Bring Me The Horizon won't be playing :lol:
But err yeah, Judas Priest. I know everyone's still going on about that but I still doubt it.

That's good!
Yeah I don't think it will be Judas Priest, think it would of happened by now, don't think they are affordable or something, hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Added Exhumed and Repulsion who are both playing Netherlands Death Fest as European exclusive shows. Not going to bother adding bands like Metallica (too big) or Darkthrone etc...
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:38 pm

I seriously doubt Priest will play. I think they cost far more than people realise. But that's me guessing. I've just got a feeling. As if that werent the case they would've played before.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:18 am

A Kreator headline set is the kind of announcement that would make me put my 2 year Bloodstock hiatus to an end. Get on it BOA.

Also, back on topic, Lionel Richie won't be playing next year.

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:39 am

Marduk added.