No Priest

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Teesside

No Priest

Postby i0th » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:36 am

Vicky just tweeted:

We tried but Judas Priest won't be playing Bloodstock .. thanks for retweets though ! Let's try again for 2018


This sucks.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 4934
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: No Priest

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:04 pm

The whole thing was a bit embarrassing IMO.

It makes the band look bad as it makes them look like they are refusing to play for their fans and it makes the booking team look amateurish.

All negotiations should be held in private. How many times have we all groaned when a football transfer deal is done in the public gaze on transfer deadline day? Most of them turn out badly.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: No Priest

Postby cheesemason » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:The whole thing was a bit embarrassing IMO.

It makes the band look bad as it makes them look like they are refusing to play for their fans and it makes the booking team look amateurish.

All negotiations should be held in private. How many times have we all groaned when a football transfer deal is done in the public gaze on transfer deadline day? Most of them turn out badly.


Yeah, and if that's how the band feel, it may have scuppered them ever headlining

At least the speculation can stop now anyway

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: No Priest

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:25 pm

Sigh. Oh well....

Gandalf the Red wrote:The whole thing was a bit embarrassing IMO.

It makes the band look bad as it makes them look like they are refusing to play for their fans and it makes the booking team look amateurish.

All negotiations should be held in private. How many times have we all groaned when a football transfer deal is done in the public gaze on transfer deadline day? Most of them turn out badly.


Yeah, I have to agree I think. I mean, it shows that they're highly requested and all, but I'm sure Priest don't need a bunch of tweets to know that they're popular.

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: No Priest

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Not the best way to go about business and unfortunately no JP but we can now put this to bed and move on.

An announcement in the near future would be nice.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: No Priest

Postby cheesemason » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:55 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Not the best way to go about business and unfortunately no JP but we can now put this to bed and move on.

An announcement in the near future would be nice.


Some time in October according to the Live Facebook thingamy

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: No Priest

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:18 pm

cheesemason wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:Not the best way to go about business and unfortunately no JP but we can now put this to bed and move on.

An announcement in the near future would be nice.


Some time in October according to the Live Facebook thingamy


Cool
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

bloodofthekings
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: No Priest

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:26 pm

After looking at this year's cost-saving lineup, I can't believe anyone realistically expected to Priest to play anyway.

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: No Priest

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:20 pm

I think most of us hoped for JP rather than expected them.

Will be interesting to see who is announced later this month.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: No Priest

Postby Jobdone » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:57 am

I'm very excited to be disappointed.

Probably Machine Head or some similar trash.
Image

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4002
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: No Priest

Postby houston4044 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:51 pm

I hope they didn't rest too much hope on JP and as a result don't have a good back up option; also hopefully they use the resources they would of spent on JP somewhere else on the line up rather than pocketing any difference a cheaper headliner may cost and still skimp out elsewhere on the line up

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: No Priest

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:09 am

bloodofthekings wrote:After looking at this year's cost-saving lineup, I can't believe anyone realistically expected to Priest to play anyway.


I didn't, in all honesty. I just really hoped we get them.

CrossOfIron
Lowly Peon
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:11 pm

Re: No Priest

Postby CrossOfIron » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:44 pm

Not being privvy to the twitterati it strikes me Bloodstock have had Slayer,Manowar and Megadeth before , not exactly cheap bands I'd think.

An industry insider who has played Bloodstock several times gave me an idea what Slayer like to charge, hence it took many years to finally get them on...

Ultimately if the band budget for Bloodstock is much lower than that of Download or Wakken there is a really obvious reason (currently)

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: No Priest

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:10 am

CrossOfIron wrote:Not being privvy to the twitterati it strikes me Bloodstock have had Slayer,Manowar and Megadeth before , not exactly cheap bands I'd think.
)


Remind me what year Manowar played.

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8780
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: No Priest

Postby Tet » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 am

CrossOfIron wrote:An industry insider who has played Bloodstock several times gave me an idea what Slayer like to charge

FWIW, Slayer charge significantly less than Judas Priest.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...