No Priest

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
someone else
Denim Demon

Re: No Priest

Postby someone else » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 am

Ian Hill was watching bands on the side of the stage so maybe...
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

CrossOfIron
Lowly Peon

Postby CrossOfIron » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Tet wrote:
CrossOfIron wrote:An industry insider who has played Bloodstock several times gave me an idea what Slayer like to charge

FWIW, Slayer charge significantly less than Judas Priest.

Yes, my point it gets expensive fast for even the 'cheaper' bands, a very rough ball park figure a few years ago about 100k for Slayer so multiply accordingly for the few bands at the very top of the food chain.

Seems like they always want top dollar everywhere and all the time to avoid being labelled as a 'cheap' band thereafter by the industry.

Personally I wouldn't want JP, Manowar, Mettalica or Maiden there If the cost was massively increasing Bloodstock capacity.

The Bloodstock 'Brand' to me anyway is more about seeing the very bands the other big uk festivals wouldn't book.

edit Ross in 2010 not Manowar my bad

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:19 pm

I would take the fact that Nightwish seem to be headlining the Sunday as a sign that Priest aren't playing next year either.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Skippy wrote:I would take the fact that Nightwish seem to be headlining the Sunday as a sign that Priest aren't playing next year either.

You never know, Twisted Sister played on the Friday last year (although I admit the odds are slim). Although saying that, why rush out two headliners if you've got JP up your sleeve? When I think of it like that it makes me think the 3rd headliner won't be JP.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:23 pm

someone else wrote:Ian Hill was watching bands on the side of the stage so maybe...

I heard this too. Sounds interesting. Maybe he came along to get a feel for the festival before deciding whether Priest would play it in the future?

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:11 pm

The story I heard was that Ian Hill was there to watch Hell, as Andy Sneap is involved in producing Priest's next album. Although I guess he may go back and report positive things about the festival to the rest of the band. At the end of the day, if Bloodstock can't meet Priest's asking price, they're not going to play...and if they are that expensive, I'd rather Bloodstock didn't blow their wad on them.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Maybe that's one for the future. A couple of years at least.

I would have thought that they would want to finish the album and then tour with that album by playing as many of their own dates as possible.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 pm

How much longer are Priest going to go on for? Halford is 66 next week, Tipton 70 in October, Ian Hill 65...if we're talking of them finishing the album, touring for a couple of years...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Soze wrote:How much longer are Priest going to go on for? Halford is 66 next week, Tipton 70 in October, Ian Hill 65...if we're talking of them finishing the album, touring for a couple of years...

Maybe they won't last for much longer. But I expect them to milk the lucrative US and Japanese markets and play major venues in Europe and the UK before playing any festivals.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:42 pm

If their next album and tour is the last one then I can't see BOA getting in on that, (not holding it against them in the slightest) but I imagine they'd probably charge a premium and go for the biggest offers for the last hurrah, in which case DL has BOA beat.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:05 am

I wonder if Judas Priest were to headline a BOA-sized festival then it could be between BOA and Ramblin Man Fair. Scorpions played at the latter a couple of years ago, which was pretty awesome.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Scorpions played at the latter a couple of years ago, which was pretty awesome.

Yes, they did. The festival declared bankruptcy shortly afterwards. These two facts are connected.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

NE29PHIL
Lowly Peon

Postby NE29PHIL » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:58 am

If Judas Priest's costs are high, Bloodstock have three choices:

1. Increase the size of the festival and turn it into a commercial circus like Download to increase revenue.
2. Break the bank for them and only book cheaper acts for the rest of the line up.
3. Keep the festival in its current format.

I very much prefer option 3, 15-20k fans and a great atmosphere every year.
That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it!

Lemmy Kilmister

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Tet wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:Scorpions played at the latter a couple of years ago, which was pretty awesome.

Yes, they did. The festival declared bankruptcy shortly afterwards. These two facts are connected.

I didn't know about that. The festival still exists though, so everything was sorted out in the end. We're not talking about Sonisphere levels of disorganization here.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:27 pm

NE29PHIL wrote:If Judas Priest's costs are high, Bloodstock have three choices:

1. Increase the size of the festival and turn it into a commercial circus like Download to increase revenue.
2. Break the bank for them and only book cheaper acts for the rest of the line up.
3. Keep the festival in its current format.

I very much prefer option 3, 15-20k fans and a great atmosphere every year.

Agreed, and a decent line up every year :yes: