Page 1 of 4

Re: No Priest

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:04 pm
by Gandalf the Red
The whole thing was a bit embarrassing IMO.

It makes the band look bad as it makes them look like they are refusing to play for their fans and it makes the booking team look amateurish.

All negotiations should be held in private. How many times have we all groaned when a football transfer deal is done in the public gaze on transfer deadline day? Most of them turn out badly.

Re: No Priest

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:08 pm
by cheesemason
Gandalf the Red wrote:The whole thing was a bit embarrassing IMO.

It makes the band look bad as it makes them look like they are refusing to play for their fans and it makes the booking team look amateurish.

All negotiations should be held in private. How many times have we all groaned when a football transfer deal is done in the public gaze on transfer deadline day? Most of them turn out badly.


Yeah, and if that's how the band feel, it may have scuppered them ever headlining

At least the speculation can stop now anyway

Re: No Priest

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:25 pm
by VizardAmata
Sigh. Oh well....

Gandalf the Red wrote:The whole thing was a bit embarrassing IMO.

It makes the band look bad as it makes them look like they are refusing to play for their fans and it makes the booking team look amateurish.

All negotiations should be held in private. How many times have we all groaned when a football transfer deal is done in the public gaze on transfer deadline day? Most of them turn out badly.


Yeah, I have to agree I think. I mean, it shows that they're highly requested and all, but I'm sure Priest don't need a bunch of tweets to know that they're popular.

Re: No Priest

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm
by CharlesDexterWard
Not the best way to go about business and unfortunately no JP but we can now put this to bed and move on.

An announcement in the near future would be nice.

Re: No Priest

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:55 pm
by cheesemason
CharlesDexterWard wrote:Not the best way to go about business and unfortunately no JP but we can now put this to bed and move on.

An announcement in the near future would be nice.


Some time in October according to the Live Facebook thingamy

Re: No Priest

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:18 pm
by CharlesDexterWard
cheesemason wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:Not the best way to go about business and unfortunately no JP but we can now put this to bed and move on.

An announcement in the near future would be nice.


Some time in October according to the Live Facebook thingamy


Cool

Re: No Priest

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:26 pm
by bloodofthekings
After looking at this year's cost-saving lineup, I can't believe anyone realistically expected to Priest to play anyway.

Re: No Priest

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:20 pm
by CharlesDexterWard
I think most of us hoped for JP rather than expected them.

Will be interesting to see who is announced later this month.

Re: No Priest

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:57 am
by Jobdone
I'm very excited to be disappointed.

Probably Machine Head or some similar trash.

Re: No Priest

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:51 pm
by houston4044
I hope they didn't rest too much hope on JP and as a result don't have a good back up option; also hopefully they use the resources they would of spent on JP somewhere else on the line up rather than pocketing any difference a cheaper headliner may cost and still skimp out elsewhere on the line up

Re: No Priest

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:09 am
by VizardAmata
bloodofthekings wrote:After looking at this year's cost-saving lineup, I can't believe anyone realistically expected to Priest to play anyway.


I didn't, in all honesty. I just really hoped we get them.

Re: No Priest

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:44 pm
by CrossOfIron
Not being privvy to the twitterati it strikes me Bloodstock have had Slayer,Manowar and Megadeth before , not exactly cheap bands I'd think.

An industry insider who has played Bloodstock several times gave me an idea what Slayer like to charge, hence it took many years to finally get them on...

Ultimately if the band budget for Bloodstock is much lower than that of Download or Wakken there is a really obvious reason (currently)

Re: No Priest

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:10 am
by bloodfiend
CrossOfIron wrote:Not being privvy to the twitterati it strikes me Bloodstock have had Slayer,Manowar and Megadeth before , not exactly cheap bands I'd think.
)


Remind me what year Manowar played.

Re: No Priest

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 am
by Tet
CrossOfIron wrote:An industry insider who has played Bloodstock several times gave me an idea what Slayer like to charge

FWIW, Slayer charge significantly less than Judas Priest.

Re: No Priest

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 am
by someone else
Ian Hill was watching bands on the side of the stage so maybe...