Mead.

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
gregors666
Warrior of Metal

Re: Mead.

Postby gregors666 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:39 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Agreed, I can get a pint of mead in VIP which is fine but being able to get mead in the arena too would be excellent and save me having to constantly check the VIP bar to see if the mead is pouring.

A pint? I always thought mead was a spirit type of thing? Hey, you live and learn.
Im Martin from Grange Over Sands.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:54 am

It's beer/ale brewed with honey rather than sugar. Usually about 8%, but some can be much stronger.

Not to be confused with honey beers which have honey added like Waggledance and Hiver.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:28 am

JB65 wrote:I can take or leave mead, had an odd one or two while at Wacken before. I don't find it refreshing enough on a warm day, I know a fair few folks that would have a jar or two if it was available.

I'm pretty much the same. One is nice, but I couldn't/wouldn't drink it all day.

Folk-Wammo
Lowly Peon

Postby Folk-Wammo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Mead is the drink of gods, that's all there is to it! :drink:

Boo20000
Lowly Peon

Postby Boo20000 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:48 pm

Pretty much evey year since i started coming to BOA in 2012 (i know new guy and all only turing 23 this year so came the first time i could drink) i've been bringing my own home brew mead. And there is nothing bad about drinking the nectar of the gods while listening to metal at camp or in the arena :rock: :rock: . This year is the only year i dont have home brew and thats cos being the fool i am i forgot to start the brew in time :(

But if BOA would have a mead on the bars i would be all over that. No questions give me a 2 pints to pour in my drinking horn right now :D :D

nihility00
Powermetal Child

Postby nihility00 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:55 am

dtownsend wrote:What is it with mead and request after request for it at Bloodstock? Its horrible stuff. There's a reason nobody has drank it since the days of King Arthur & Lancelot, it tastes like dog piss. Would you seriously not rather have a nice beer???

Glad you did your research and drank dog piss so you could make an unbiased opinion.
Don't care.