Three of the big 4 Bloodstock

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Three of the big 4 Bloodstock

Postby MadManiac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Bloodstock has had three of the big 4 Megadeath, Anthrax, and slayer. Can Bloodstock festival go even better with getting Metallica or would that be out of the realms of the festival? I know the cost comes in to affect but this would be great if it happen.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: Three of the big 4 Bloodstock

Postby bloodfiend » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Will never happen, ridiculous suggestion. There might be a big 4, but Metallica are massively bigger than the other 3.

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Yea i thought it was a ridiculous suggestion but by god that would be the most fantastic festival. The last time i saw the big 4 was Sonisphere 2011.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:50 pm

It wouldn't happen as it would kill the fest - not just money wise: even if the band did it as a secret gig, if word got out the site would not be secure enough for a band who can fill a stadium, not accessible enough for the traffic and would probably cause enough problems to have its license refused
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Metallica are far too big for Bloodstock. They're one of the biggest bands in the world and can easily sell out multiple arena dates. Bloodstock has a smaller capacity than the sort of places they easily fill. So not only is it a ridiculous suggestion on those grounds but it would make tickets for the festival much harder to get as loads of Metallica fans would buy them up despite having little interest in most of the rest of the bands!

There's a reason the last Big 4 day in the UK was at a 70,000+ capacity festival...

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:42 am

Booking Slayer every other year Megadeth isn't playing counts as getting the Big 4, Right?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:33 am

When they played Donnington '95, I heard the charged £1m for the appearance; factor in inflation and their festival fee will be significantly more than that 22 years later.

I think BOA pay around £50k for a headliner or thereabouts.

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:17 pm

bloodfiend wrote:When they played Donnington '95, I heard the charged £1m for the appearance; factor in inflation and their festival fee will be significantly more than that 22 years later.

I think BOA pay around £50k for a headliner or thereabouts.

You hit the nail on the head there hence why Bloodstock continues to have the same bands nearly every other year due to the cost of the bands. So yea to every one above sorry for the ridiculous suggestion what was i thinking.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:34 pm

MadManiac wrote: So yea to every one above sorry for the ridiculous suggestion what was i thinking.

You keep asking your questions baby. Don't worry if they are classed as ridiculous. The Jamaican Bobsled Team were classed as ridiculous and they had a movie made about them so you just carry on.
I see the bad moon arising.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:20 am

I'd rather have the German big four!
Or Sacred Reich, Whiplash, Exciter, Raven etc
Actually to be fair we are spoilt for thrash this year.
Why not just go to Download or one of their tours to see Metallica? It will never happen at Bloodstock, unless he festival drastically changes size, which I would not like, Bloodstock is just about the right size at the moment for me.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:57 am

Far too big for BOA considering they can outsell the line up as a whole by themselves. BOA couldn't afford them and if they threw the kitchen sink at them to get them it would mean stripping back everything else which I wouldn't want just to hear Enter Sandman again.

Think the closest we'll get to Metallica is Mustaine or if Newsted were to bring one of his bands along one year.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:05 pm

houston4044 wrote:Think the closest we'll get to Metallica is Mustaine or if Newsted were to bring one of his bands along one year.

Unless they hire a covers band, like that fucking terrible Metal Allegiance last year.

Although I think there may be regulations about getting a covers band for a festival that just covers one band, I've never seen that kinda covers band at a festival anyway.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:18 am

bloodfiend wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Think the closest we'll get to Metallica is Mustaine or if Newsted were to bring one of his bands along one year.

Unless they hire a covers band, like that fucking terrible Metal Allegiance last year.

Although I think there may be regulations about getting a covers band for a festival that just covers one band, I've never seen that kinda covers band at a festival anyway.

Well they must of found a way round it or covered it as Death to all played the other year.

Think the other problem with BOA ever getting Metallica (just entertain the idea for a moment) would be how they would ever follow that up? I imagine a lot of the casual fans Metallica would bring in would decry the festival if it went back to how it is now or would BOA then try and go for a more commercial headliner to try and keep the audience Metallica would attract?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 pm

I don't think there are any regulations for having covers bands at festivals.

I've seen loads over the years. Didn't Australian Pink Floyd play Glastonbury and Isle Of Wight?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:20 pm

On the topic of the Teutonic 4, if Kreator were a headliner, where would the other three play on the bill?

Destruction were 5th top in 2008 and Sodom were 4th top in 2009.