Post-performance Shienanigans

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
EyedKeelan
Lowly Peon

Post-performance Shienanigans

Postby EyedKeelan » Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 am

So with this years Bloodstock fast approaching, once all the good bands of the day have been seen. What is everyone's favourite activity, personally I love cheering on the champions of the bins in their yearly conflict and following the general rowdiness that arises from midgard . :rock:
:cry: :cry: :cry: Never fear the mustard man is here :cry: :cry: :cry:

EyedKeelan
Lowly Peon

Re: Post-performance Shienanigans

Postby EyedKeelan » Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 am

i0th wrote:A couple of hours of dancing and drinking in the Serpent's Lair always goes down well.

Awesome stuff! Does VIP offer a lot more than standard Camping? This year will be my fourth year but have never gone VIP.
:cry: :cry: :cry: Never fear the mustard man is here :cry: :cry: :cry:

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:19 am

I'm a boring fucker who normally goes straight to bed. Maybe a beer or 2 and a chat with people I'm camped with first if anyone's around. I go for bands, nothing else, I wasted far too much time dicking around at the campsite when I first started festivaling. I look back at old line-ups and am full of regret at things missed. I need a decent sleep after 14 hours on my feet drinking if I want to be up at 10 to do it again the next day.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed May 10, 2017 12:00 pm

robin8585 wrote:I'm a boring fucker who normally goes straight to bed. Maybe a beer or 2 and a chat with people I'm camped with first if anyone's around. I go for bands, nothing else, I wasted far too much time dicking around at the campsite when I first started festivaling. I look back at old line-ups and am full of regret at things missed. I need a decent sleep after 14 hours on my feet drinking if I want to be up at 10 to do it again the next day.

So much this. It's all about the bands. Anything else I can do any day of the week.

If you're going just to get pissed in the campsite and mess around then go to Ibiza, it's probably much cheaper. :lol:

Not saying that the OP is doing that, but I've met people that do.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
robin8585 wrote:I'm a boring fucker who normally goes straight to bed. Maybe a beer or 2 and a chat with people I'm camped with first if anyone's around. I go for bands, nothing else, I wasted far too much time dicking around at the campsite when I first started festivaling. I look back at old line-ups and am full of regret at things missed. I need a decent sleep after 14 hours on my feet drinking if I want to be up at 10 to do it again the next day.

So much this. It's all about the bands. Anything else I can do any day of the week.

If you're going just to get pissed in the campsite and mess around then go to Ibiza, it's probably much cheaper. :lol:

Not saying that the OP is doing that, but I've met people that do.

Another boring one here, I usually stop by Motley Brew to get a cuppa or hot chocolate, stroll through Midgaard and watch a bit of bin jousting if there's any going on then go to bed haha!

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Wed May 10, 2017 12:31 pm

My usual pattern is is to go back to my camp and drink with my mates for a fair bit before moving onto either another camp of people I know, the party tent or the bin jousting crowd.

This inevitably ends up in me wandering around Midgard at 4am annihilated and chatting absolute bollocks to random people and then crashing for a few hours before being up bright and early for more bands

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed May 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Another old fucker here who goes back to my tent, has a final beer and a chat before going to bed. Can't be doing with all the running about and shouting tbh, indeed I've decided to stay at a travelodge this year instead :D

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Usually we congregate back at the tents as discuss the days bands over 2-3 beers. Then, usually 3-5 of the guys will head in for the DJ night on the Sophie whilst the rest of us hang (usually 1 or 2 guys have brought music with them*, so we stick that on).

* If you've been wandering around and heard a playlist containing the likes of The Cardiacs and Savatage, it's probably us.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed May 10, 2017 1:58 pm

It's got to the stage now that a single box of beer will easily last the whole weekend when it comes to the campsite drinking. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed May 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Not with the bar prices it doesn't. :P

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed May 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Soze wrote:Another old fucker here who goes back to my tent, has a final beer and a chat before going to bed. Can't be doing with all the running about and shouting tbh, indeed I've decided to stay at a travelodge this year instead :D

Ha ha I've opted for the travelodge this year. Will taxi in each day so I can still drink.
I see the bad moon arising.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed May 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Depends on who I find and what we decide to do but it usually involves beer.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed May 10, 2017 6:13 pm

I'm another of the folk who hit my tent for sleep after the headliner as I am knackered after a long day of bands and beer. If I get too tired I get migraines so I have to make sure I get enough sleep (the joys of being aged over 40).
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:It's got to the stage now that a single box of beer will easily last the whole weekend when it comes to the campsite drinking. :lol:

Same, and I usually have some left! I usually have too many bands I want to see or cba walking back and forth between bands to get a drink. You wouldn't think I was only 23 :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu May 11, 2017 9:20 am

Generally back to the camp, chill out with some beer and music and then head off to whatever is making the most noise. Usually someones doing something stupid you can enjoy.