Post-performance Shienanigans

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: Post-performance Shienanigans

Postby Tet » Fri May 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Depends on who is around, but it usually involves alcohol in the VIP bar.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri May 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Only had a couple of visits to the VIP bar last year and plan to use it a bit more this year, especially for a wee nightcap or three.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri May 12, 2017 4:03 pm

I would like to add a recommendation for late night drunken dodgems. The only time drunk driving is accepted and encouraged, and it's hilarious.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Fri May 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Noodle wrote:I would like to add a recommendation for late night drunken dodgems. The only time drunk driving is accepted and encouraged, and it's hilarious.

I 2nd this.

Iv been coming since 2010 and only found out how awesome this is last year. Don't make my mistake

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Fri May 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
robin8585 wrote:I'm a boring fucker who normally goes straight to bed. Maybe a beer or 2 and a chat with people I'm camped with first if anyone's around. I go for bands, nothing else, I wasted far too much time dicking around at the campsite when I first started festivaling. I look back at old line-ups and am full of regret at things missed. I need a decent sleep after 14 hours on my feet drinking if I want to be up at 10 to do it again the next day.

So much this. It's all about the bands. Anything else I can do any day of the week.

If you're going just to get pissed in the campsite and mess around then go to Ibiza, it's probably much cheaper. :lol: :yes:

Not saying that the OP is doing that, but I've met people that do.

Best posts ever on this forum :lighter: :lighter: :lighter: :yes: but I do still enjoy a few bevys with my campin friends but yea why would anyone go and miss so many bands!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun May 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Noodle wrote:I would like to add a recommendation for late night drunken dodgems. The only time drunk driving is accepted and encouraged, and it's hilarious.

Miraculously, in all my years of going to Bloodstock, I had never tried this until last year. As Noodle says, it's recommended.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:22 am

Tet wrote:

Miraculously, in all my years of going to Bloodstock, I had never tried this until last year. As Noodle says, it's recommended.

I found riding shotgun with a foam sword ruining a meme for my driver was the best way to enjoy it.

EyedKeelan
Lowly Peon

Postby EyedKeelan » Tue May 16, 2017 11:19 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
robin8585 wrote:I'm a boring fucker who normally goes straight to bed. Maybe a beer or 2 and a chat with people I'm camped with first if anyone's around. I go for bands, nothing else, I wasted far too much time dicking around at the campsite when I first started festivaling. I look back at old line-ups and am full of regret at things missed. I need a decent sleep after 14 hours on my feet drinking if I want to be up at 10 to do it again the next day.

So much this. It's all about the bands. Anything else I can do any day of the week.

If you're going just to get pissed in the campsite and mess around then go to Ibiza, it's probably much cheaper. :lol:

Not saying that the OP is doing that, but I've met people that do.

Ohh absolutely, missing any bands (Excluding King810 and couple more) would be pure sacrilege :lol: :lol:
:cry: :cry: :cry: Never fear the mustard man is here :cry: :cry: :cry:

EyedKeelan
Lowly Peon

Postby EyedKeelan » Tue May 16, 2017 11:21 am

robin8585 wrote:
Tet wrote:

I found riding shotgun with a foam sword ruining a meme for my driver was the best way to enjoy it.

Never tried this, but you guys have definitely gave me an idea for this time round :o :lol:
:cry: :cry: :cry: Never fear the mustard man is here :cry: :cry: :cry:

Boo2000
Lowly Peon

Postby Boo2000 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:45 am

I always take some speakers and music so and go with a group so normally its back to camp, music on and drinking till we wanna sleep. Occasionally we do the drunk dodgems or find the bin jousters. We try the Sophie tent late night party thing pretty much every year, but the DJ's get repetitive quick and its cheaper to drink through our beers stashed at camp that buy them all night plus i take enough music that i don't need to repeat shit.