What Are We Waiting For?

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

What Are We Waiting For?

Postby i0th » Wed May 31, 2017 4:33 pm

Thought it'd help to have a round-up of all the things still to be announced for this year's festival along with timings as to when to expect them:

BANDS
The line-up is now complete.

STAGE TIMES
Planned to be release on Sunday (6th August).
Here's a link to a clashfinder that uses LAST YEAR'S times, which means it'll be pretty close to what happens this year but nothing confirmed. Bands could still be moved around and main stage slots vary due to bands getting longer and shorter times each year.

SITE MAP
here

DAY TICKETS
on sale

2017 MERCH
available here

COMEDY & OTHER ACTS
Announced in the latest news as Chris Brooker, Gary Delaney, Debra Jane Appleby, DAvid Jordan, The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre, Quincy Bethan Black and The Raymond And Mr Timpkins Revue.

SERPENT'S LAIR
The beers & entertainment in the Serpent's Lair details usually goes on the facebook page around the weekend before the festival.

Entertainment announced so far:
Paul Lee presents Meat Loaf
Darth Elvis & The Imperials
Noisepicker
Orphan Gears

BEHOLDER
To be announced as replacing King 810 once they get barred from entering the country for doing something stupid like bringing guns. Probably be announced on the day.
Last edited by i0th on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:48 am, edited 15 times in total.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Postby Warlock » Wed May 31, 2017 10:35 pm

Good idea. I think like was said in the next announcement thread all the RJD bands will be low key and not really worthy of the mainstage, can't see them holding them back this late unless they are bands playing Download. The onlty slightly higher key bands I can see are Caverlera's return to Roots, Suicidal Tendancies and Orange Goblin. Was going to say Sikth but they have the same position as Sabaton so doubt there's room for them.

I'd actually be happy with that, would rather watch Beholder! The one time they seem like the more appealing choice! Still would rather drink warm beer and chat rubbish at the campsite though :P

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed May 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Yes I'm expecting all the bands to be in the bottom 4 of the main stage and wouldn't surprise me if they're all bands who're playing Download this year. If so would be included in the announcement on 13/06.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:00 am

Hmmm... looking at Download's line-up, there's some decent bands we could get. I honestly don't think we'll get as many as the four remaining RJD bands. However, there are certainly plenty of possibilities. Besides those already listed, there's also the likes of Kvelertak, Lost Society, Red Fang and Code Orange.

Raven
Leather Rebel

Postby Raven » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:45 am

If we get anyone from download I'm hoping for suicidal tendencies

digideus
Consort of the Beast

Postby digideus » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:50 am

i0th wrote:BEHOLDER
To be announced as replacing King 810 once they get barred from entering the country for doing something stupid like bringing guns. Probably be announced on the day.

:lol: I could see this happening too

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:29 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Hmmm... looking at Download's line-up, there's some decent bands we could get.

:o :o :o
Honestly, Download's lineup this year is one of the worst I've ever seen for a major UK festival, and I really can't see many bands playing that I'd want to see at Bloodstock. Sabaton are too big, and Devilskin are the only other Download band I can see that I'd want at Bloodstock.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:38 am

i0th wrote:BEHOLDER

I think people would probably be pretty happy with that, which probably says more about King 810 than Beholder.

red_death
Definitely Not Nu

Postby red_death » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Tet wrote:Honestly, Download's lineup this year is one of the worst I've ever seen for a major UK festival, and I really can't see many bands playing that I'd want to see at Bloodstock.

You must be looking at a different line up to me! SOAD, Prophets of Rage, FFDP, Mastodon,Sabaton, Red Fang, Baroness, Suicidal Tendencies, Exodus and that is just Day 1. Plenty more on day 2 and 3.

Clearly not all the bands are suitable for BS (size or style) but saying that it is the worst line up you have seen is way OTT!

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:32 pm

red_death wrote:
Tet wrote:Honestly, Download's lineup this year is one of the worst I've ever seen for a major UK festival, and I really can't see many bands playing that I'd want to see at Bloodstock.

You must be looking at a different line up to me! SOAD, Prophets of Rage, FFDP, Mastodon,Sabaton, Red Fang, Baroness, Suicidal Tendencies, Exodus and that is just Day 1. Plenty more on day 2 and 3.

Clearly not all the bands are suitable for BS (size or style) but saying that it is the worst line up you have seen is way OTT!

Its terrible. There are a handful of decent bands on each day, and aside from System I've seen them all, mostly multiple times. Its so predictable as a line up.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:10 pm

red_death wrote:

You must be looking at a different line up to me! SOAD, Prophets of Rage, FFDP, Mastodon,Sabaton, Red Fang, Baroness, Suicidal Tendencies, Exodus and that is just Day 1.

Well, as the saying goes, there's no accounting for taste. Of those Sabaton are the only one I'd want to watch and I'd actively go out of my way to avoid SOAD, Prophets of Rage, Mastodon and Suicidal Tendencies.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:54 am

You guys reckon there is any hope for Alestorm playing?

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:21 pm

I would love to see Alestorm play but I would have thought they would have been announced before now.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:25 pm

VizardAmata wrote:You guys reckon there is any hope for Alestorm playing?

I guess it depends whether there's still some beef between them at BOA? It's silly that they haven't played for so long - you'd have thought they'd be perfect for 4th or 5th band down on the Dio stage. They'd likely draw a pretty big crowd too.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:08 pm

There was beef between them? Well, I know there is difference in band members but surely with Gloryhammer having played whatever they were upset over has been put to bed?