What Are We Waiting For?

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:08 pm

i0th wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Ptth, be serious now, clearly King 810 and Chelsea Grin are the reason this sold out :P

Jesting aside there is a worry that selling out could be seen to validate the decision to put so much extra bollocks on the line-up; King 810, Broken Teeth, Chelsea Grin, Hatebreed, Whitechapel, King Parrot (now fortunately gone).

Validation will come on the day though, until we see how the size of the crowd bands have it's all speculation. Unless those bands pull big crowds on the day I wouldn't worry, the proof is in the pudding.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:39 am

Or it may be the fact they have actually booked a couple of decent European bands....
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:20 am

Besides external factors, if you look at the top three across each day there's a decent bit of variety underpinned by a backbone of thrash (which is always popular).

Amon Amarth - popular and, whilst not "young", they are a new headliner and have a good live rep, both playing wise and their show.
Blind Guardian - popular, power metal booking and rare outside of London shows
Testament - popular, thrash, tight live

Ghost - on a very quick rise and gaining popularity all the time, quite popular amongst a wider breadth of people than the standard BOA band, have a cool gimmick, tight live
Kreator - very well respected thrash band and not a band that's overbooked at the festival, also got a good live rep
Hatebreed - whether you like them or not, they drew a decent crowd last time and they cover off part of the 'core' crowd

Megadeth - very solid classic band with roots in thrash, rarely has a bad show
Arch Enemy - whilst possibly a smidge high on the bill they do seem to have gathered some momentum again now with Alissa on vox.
Skindred - another "whether you like them or not" they are a damned popular band.

And that's not touching on stuff like finally getting Annihilator, Hell bringing their biggest ever show, etc etc

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Stage times to be released on Sunday according to the facebook q&a :)

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:16 am

Jay1993 wrote:Stage times to be released on Sunday according to the facebook q&a :)

Finally!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Member of King 810 on weapons charges at the weekend - waiting for their cancellation!
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

n1489
Definitely Not Nu

Postby n1489 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:24 pm

i0th wrote:
someone else wrote:Member of King 810 on weapons charges at the weekend - waiting for their cancellation!

Hahaha, someone page Beholder!

In this particular context they would be most welcome

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:27 pm

someone else wrote:Member of King 810 on weapons charges at the weekend - waiting for their cancellation!

Haha, fucking morons! Gloryhammer to replace plz.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 pm

At what point do you ditch a gimmick if it constantly forces you to cancel shows? Surely the shock rock factor is trumped by having a terrible rep cancelling shows?

Either way, I'm not too bothered, heck at this point just give all the other acts 5 extra minutes or something :yes:

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Hmm just had a look on their Facebook, they've posted a status reassuring everyone they will be playing Bloodstock "either as free men or wanted men" :eyes: Tbh I'm curious about how Bloodstock will tackle the firearms aspect, particularly with the increased security. Is it real or fake firearms they use on stage?

Edit: Just did a quick google and found that the guns are fake, wonder if they'll be allowed them...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:44 pm

What a bunch of total fuckwits. :rolleyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:09 pm

Jay1993 wrote:

Hmm just had a look on their Facebook, they've posted a status reassuring everyone they will be playing Bloodstock "either as free men or wanted men" :eyes: Tbh I'm curious about how Bloodstock will tackle the firearms aspect, particularly with the increased security. Is it real or fake firearms they use on stage?

They do know it's up to boarder controls not Bloodstock as to whether their band and their props are allowed into the country right? I get it's macho posturing but wow :lol:

Also, I'm no legal expert, but I've watched enough movies to know that if you're a wanted man, you'll want to lay low for awhile, turning up onstage as advertised at a festival isn't what I would have in mind :P

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:43 am

Someone get Metal Church or Primal Fear on standby.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:45 am

Someone who's not a waste of a slot please.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:54 am

I'd guess they would make an exception in terms of bands being big enough for the main stage as this late in the day it would just be whoever can actually do it on such short notice