What Are We Waiting For?

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:04 pm

[quote="Gandalf the Red"]With Amon Amarth, Ghost and Megadeth headlining? Doubt it.

I did say IF :P

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:11 am

Even by Downloads usual standards, this year was pretty poor and it wouldn't take much more than a small percentage to switch to be significant to BOA, particularly as the headliners are DL friendly, aswell as Hatebreed, Skindred, King 810 etc
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:10 am

So just waiting for set times now we've got all the bands

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Can't find any reference anywhere- is there going to be a charity t-shirt amnesty stall does anyone know thanx in advance?

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:26 pm

slayerslays wrote:Can't find any reference anywhere- is there going to be a charity t-shirt amnesty stall does anyone know thanx in advance?

Do you mean the Teenage Cancer Trust stall that sells the donated t-shirts? I'm sure they mentioned that it will be there in the last q&a.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Yep. It's mentioned on the Facebook page. Scroll down about four days.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:With Amon Amarth, Ghost and Megadeth headlining? Doubt it.

It's not going to sell out if Twisted Sister playing their last European show, Mastodon who are apparently very popular and Slayer didn't sell out. At least two of those probably shifted quite a few day tickets to people that wouldn't attend a full weekend. There's nothing rare this year apart from maybe Blind Guardian who might attract a few Europeans.

They have just announced they are into their final few hundred weekend tickets. Looks like we're genuinely close to our first ever sell out.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:With Amon Amarth, Ghost and Megadeth headlining? Doubt it.

It's not going to sell out if Twisted Sister playing their last European show, Mastodon who are apparently very popular and Slayer didn't sell out. At least two of those probably shifted quite a few day tickets to people that wouldn't attend a full weekend. There's nothing rare this year apart from maybe Blind Guardian who might attract a few Europeans.

They have just announced they are into their final few hundred weekend tickets. Looks like we're genuinely close to our first ever sell out.

Yep looks like it could be possible this year! :o

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Or, alternatively, sales are down and they are trying to goad people into buying tickets.

I'll be massively surprised if it does sell out with that line-up, could it really sell enough extra tickets over last year to fill the new campsite?
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Bizza wrote:Or, alternatively, sales are down and they are trying to goad people into buying tickets.

I'll be massively surprised if it does sell out with that line-up, could it really sell enough extra tickets over last year to fill the new campsite?

Why would they of made the decision to add an extra campsite weeks ago if ticket sales were down? Makes no sense :? I'm also intrigued as to how it's getting close to selling out this year but not previous years. I suspect it's partly due to the wider appeal of certain bands e.g. Ghost but there also seems to be a lot of people attending for the first time this year because they've got sick of Download judging from Facebook.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Noticed a lot of first timers on FB too. Seen one ticket in the 12,000s, so maybe, maybe not.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Yeah, I don't think sales are down. They obviously pull the "get your tickets NOW!" thing every year, but I can't recall them actually saying "hey we only have a few hundred left".

I might be naive, but I do believe them on this one.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:23 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
Bizza wrote:Or, alternatively, sales are down and they are trying to goad people into buying tickets.

Why would they of made the decision to add an extra campsite weeks ago if ticket sales were down? Makes no sense :? I'm also intrigued as to how it's getting close to selling out this year but not previous years. I suspect it's partly due to the wider appeal of certain bands e.g. Ghost but there also seems to be a lot of people attending for the first time this year because they've got sick of Download judging from Facebook.

Opened because they have other festivals using the same site. Bearded Theory sells out every year.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:

Opened because they have other festivals using the same site. Bearded Theory sells out every year.

Hmm, just did a quick google of Bearded Theory and wikipedia says it only has a capacity of 5,000. Not sure how true that it is though.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:19 am

Keep in mind continental festivals have gotten more expensive as well with the exchange rate, I imagine a few folk will have decided to do a UK based fest