Page 7 of 10

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:29 pm
by Bizza
Sold out according to Facebook.

Not sure if want, I want Bloodstock to stay small not swell up into a Downloadesque behemoth.

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:35 pm
by VizardAmata
I would imagine that it's "sold out" in comparison to their current licensed/planned for capacity. They've always said that the "largest they would go" is 20,000 which implies to me a soft cap of sorts.

TL;DR - they probably had 15,000 (or whatever) weekend tickets, and they are now all gone.

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 pm
by Cassius
VizardAmata wrote:TL;DR - they probably had 15,000 (or whatever) weekend tickets, and they are now all gone.


Think you are right as fairly sure I read somewhere they are only licensed for 15000 with the local council

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:55 pm
by someone else
Yep - that's in the letter to residents that they post each year. Licensing fees are based on attendance so no point paying for 20k if you're not going to sell that many tickets, particularly if everything you have to pay out for (toilets, security, first aiders etc) is also likely to be based on numbers

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:05 pm
by Gandalf the Red
You could say they sold out years ago.....


:evillaff:

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:08 pm
by VizardAmata
someone else wrote:Yep - that's in the letter to residents that they post each year. Licensing fees are based on attendance so no point paying for 20k if you're not going to sell that many tickets, particularly if everything you have to pay out for (toilets, security, first aiders etc) is also likely to be based on numbers


Ah, good to know. Yeah I had a feeling this was the case. We might see a small increase in capacity next year, but tbh I think it would have to sell out a few years in a row for them to consider it. It may just be a fluke this year.

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:54 pm
by houston4044
Given how poor the weather has been lately and with other festivals having to cut things short as a result, I'm surprised people are willing to take the gamble and buy a ticket now :?

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:18 pm
by Jay1993
Bizza wrote:Sold out according to Facebook.

Not sure if want, I want Bloodstock to stay small not swell up into a Downloadesque behemoth.


On the plus side, more money to book Priest? :eyes:

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:08 pm
by Skippy
I'm interested to see if this will translate to more people actually watching bands.

It may be the usual thing these days of ticket touts buying up all the tickets to sell on later. Things seem to sell out an awful lot these days, but still end up looking pretty empty.

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:22 pm
by Gandalf the Red
How many people buy their tickets this late though considering they normally can take up to two weeks to arrive? Cutting it a bit fine if you get my drift.

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 am
by CharlesDexterWard
A number of folk in the Bloodstock group I am part of on Facebook are now scrabbling around looking for weekend tickets.

Some of them left to the last minute to get their tickets as they had been able to get them at the box office on the day. Some were still saving up but some just thought it wouldn't sell out.

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:01 pm
by red_death
Well I'm genuinely shocked that w/e tickets have sold out. I hope that this doesn't spoil the friendly, small festival atmosphere...

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:05 pm
by Cassius
red_death wrote:Well I'm genuinely shocked that w/e tickets have sold out. I hope that this doesn't spoil the friendly, small festival atmosphere...


Dont think we are in danger of that yet.

I heard last year had about 14000 so we are only looking at about 1000 extra at most.

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:20 pm
by houston4044
Haldamir319 wrote: I think we have underestimated Ghost's draw for one


Ptth, be serious now, clearly King 810 and Chelsea Grin are the reason this sold out :P

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:25 pm
by JB65
i0th wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote: I think we have underestimated Ghost's draw for one


Ptth, be serious now, clearly King 810 and Chelsea Grin are the reason this sold out :P


Jesting aside there is a worry that selling out could be seen to validate the decision to put so much extra bollocks on the line-up; King 810, Broken Teeth, Chelsea Grin, Hatebreed, Whitechapel, King Parrot (now fortunately gone).
I hope that's not the case too. I believe a certain promoters husband is a big king810 fan. I really would prefer they dropped this sort of crap core style and go with more folk/power/trad metal.