Extra security at bloodstock?

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Bigjim
Lowly Peon

Extra security at bloodstock?

Postby Bigjim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:29 am

Hi

I had a friend of a friend say that their was extra security measures at download this
year with more searches and armed police due to recent events

is their any plans for a similar thing at bloodstock this year?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Extra secuirty at bloodstock?

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:58 am

Almost certainly. I would expect that the Showsec guys are fully trained in the event of an incident. Just be aware of anything dodgy and alert them if you see or suspect something.

So expect the searches to be a bit more thorough than normal and don't take anything stupid like gas canisters and weapons, whether fake or not.

Although I doubt that there will be a visual armed police presence at the festival, they will probably be sat off somewhere nearby in a van or within a reasonable distance.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Yeah, I suspect it'll be a small increase in physical numbers and they'll be stricter than usual with bag checks etc.

Basically, don't bring stuff you aren't allowed to and you should be fine. The queue to get in in the first place may take a bit longer than normal but, otherwise, I don't think it'll affect us much.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Im expecting that most of the extra security will be focused on the entrance to the arena where they will likely increase searches especially if you try to take bags in.

Also expecting a longer queue at the main gate as they will be searching more bags(Though wouldnt think all bags as im not sure they could even get through that in a day?)

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:33 pm

I went to BST at Hyde Park yesterday - we had to put everything in our pockets in clear plastic bags, belt off, only bags of a certain size allowed, and then go through a metal detector (trust me to be behind the guy who set the detector off multiple times before being bemused about having to remove coins from his pockets!). Desertfest Antwerp had 2 soldiers on the entrance (don't know what was more unsettling: that they were there or that they weren't on Saturday/Sunday?!). Don't know Whether they will go to these lengths but expect more rigorous bag/body searches.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Compulsory cavity search upon entrance I heard :P

With the way things have been lately I imagine there will be a bit more security than usual but I wouldn't worry too much, there were armed police walking around Slam Dunk when I went (although that was 1 or 2 weeks after Manchester) and they were polite and smiling when they went by. At the end of the day unless you have something you shouldn't you'll be fine.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Indeed, it's not like Bloodstock actually ban much. Glass, weapons, liquid or gas fuels, fireworks, naked flames...
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:20 pm

The police will be aware of the festival and will work with the organisers to put in place the necessary measures to make sure we have a normal Bloodstock weekend. Last year we had a few police walking around the site so I reckon we'll have more of the same at least this year, so if you have any problems or concerns they'll be more than happy to help. Showsec are usually brilliant too and will likely have had enough experience with any changes in their training and advice this year.

As Gandalf says we'll probably have more thorough bag searches so if the queue waiting time goes back to old times (2009?) hopefully you'll understand. Hopefully Bloodstock will have accounted for queuing at the pick up/drop off point too so that it doesn't become a problem there either. If a search results in your weekend supply of *ahem* contraband being found, take it on the chin and don't kick up a fuss; it's a risk you take anyway.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Quick question for those who have been to other festivals this year with increased security.

Have they cared about stuff like crates of beer? Currently considering repackaging my crates in see through plastic wrap so they can see that its beer as would be a right pain taking my beer trolley apart and then putting it back together.

Bigjim
Lowly Peon

Postby Bigjim » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:27 am

Thanks for the reply's

May have bring some 'liquid refreshment' for the queue, not enough to trigger a wee though. having to shuffle backwards to get to the loo with all of ones gear would be most annoying

red_death
Definitely Not Nu

Postby red_death » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:38 pm

Download this year had longer queues for security but I'm not actually sure that the actual checks were much different to normal. Perhaps they were slightly more thorough on entry to the site and to the arena but nothing majorly different. IIRC there were more police and some were armed.

Difficult to compare BS and DL as the size, mood and dynamic of the crowd is totally different. The security at BS have always seemed to get things about right so I'm hoping that there won't be any major changes this year.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:44 am

They said on one of their recent streams that there will be some extra measures, but I'm sure it won't be anything more than more thorough bag checks.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:44 am

Sniperdogs will be out in force as usual, but as always, you'll never see them.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:52 pm

WorMzy wrote:Sniperdogs will be out in force as usual, but as always, you'll never see them.

Woof! Woof!
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:58 pm

That's my other dog impression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5cL-h3Pj1o
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp