2017 Site Map Online

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Yeah I recall that merch stand being in the corner near the arena entrance last year, was tiny though lol

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Ah, that's probably why I don't remember it then.

User avatar
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby i0th » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Is it for the Sophie bands?
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2040
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Bizza » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:05 pm

i0th wrote:Is it for the Sophie bands?


Just the standard festival merch iirc, non of the individual band stuff. That was only on the main merch stand.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby houston4044 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:09 am

Yeah, the little merch stand did programmes, lighters and cups, that kind of fare.

By campervans it has a little area for "car search", so are cars going to be randomly selected for checking or what? :?

Cassius
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Cassius » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 am

houston4044 wrote:By campervans it has a little area for "car search", so are cars going to be randomly selected for checking or what? :?


Id guess so as that area seems to be in a weird place if you wanted to filter everyone through it.

Would also guess it will just be cars staying at the festival and not the taxis at the drop off point?

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 4938
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:27 am

Position wise it'll probably just be vehicles going in to VIP.

But it's probably just a condition of holding the event. Whether it gets used is a different matter.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby i0th » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:15 am

Having the drop off further away keeps cars away from areas of high concentrations of pedestrians, probably a result of the car ramming attacks.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:34 pm

houston4044 wrote:Yeah, the little merch stand did programmes, lighters and cups, that kind of fare.

By campervans it has a little area for "car search", so are cars going to be randomly selected for checking or what? :?


I wonder if it will just be the campervans being searched as they have their own campsite which is a lot closer to the arena than the car park. Would explain why there's only a car search area by the campervan camping too.

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2207
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Skippy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:54 pm

i0th wrote:Having the drop off further away keeps cars away from areas of high concentrations of pedestrians, probably a result of the car ramming attacks.

It's going to lead to a lot of congestion though. I imagine people who don't know about the change will still go down there and try to get in (or people will just pretend they don't know). Even if they do know, I imagine people will still just drive down and try to get out, in the middle of the road if they have to. Its just more sensible to take all your stuff out the car as close as you can get, and this new "drop off point" just isn't going to be close enough for anyone.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2040
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Bizza » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Skippy wrote:
i0th wrote:Having the drop off further away keeps cars away from areas of high concentrations of pedestrians, probably a result of the car ramming attacks.

It's going to lead to a lot of congestion though. I imagine people who don't know about the change will still go down there and try to get in (or people will just pretend they don't know). Even if they do know, I imagine people will still just drive down and try to get out, in the middle of the road if they have to. Its just more sensible to take all your stuff out the car as close as you can get, and this new "drop off point" just isn't going to be close enough for anyone.


Not to mention the people who do use the new drop off stopping traffic whilst trying to get across the road, it's going to be fun getting in this year :ugh:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

User avatar
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby i0th » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:18 pm

That's another reason to move the drop off actually, should drastically reduce the amount of traffic needing to be stopped to allow people across the road as will only be campervans, green buses and vip/contractor traffic going beyond the crossing point, in theory.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2040
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Bizza » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:45 pm

i0th wrote:That's another reason to move the drop off actually, should drastically reduce the amount of traffic needing to be stopped to allow people across the road as will only be campervans, green buses and vip/contractor traffic going beyond the crossing point, in theory.


True but as you said, people are still going to try and get down there.

I suppose they could put a barrier\stewards across the road at the drop off entrance and stop any festival traffic from getting past.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 4938
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Or a sentry post.

"Where are your papers?"

You probably couldn't get away with this a toy nowadays. :lol:

Image
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10590
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: 2017 Site Map Online

Postby Noodle » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:12 pm

I think they were spoiling us for the last few years with having the drop off point so close to the entrance. From experience of towing my trailer through it to get to the campervan field it was pretty chaotic trying to navigate the leaving traffic and the folk wandering to the entrance and those just sitting near the fence. It'll be quite a bit easier and safer this way.

Having the drop off point where it's going to be now will make it fairer for those who choose to park in the field and then join the queue.

If it turns out that the car search area is a recommendation for just this year it'll probably be an opportunity to expand the campervan field and gain a bit more revenue.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.