Shuttle Bus

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Shuttle Bus

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:07 pm

I'm going to use the shuttle bus to get to/from the festival on the Thursday/Monday. On Thursday 10th the bus runs every 20 minutes from 11am to 5pm, which is fine as I arrive at 1:13pm. Then on Monday 14th the bus runs every 15 minutes from 7:30am to midday. I'm due to get a train from Lichfield at 12:15pm.

How long should I expect to wait in the queue for the shuttle bus on the Monday morning? I guess the journey is about 20 minutes but I'm expecting to be waiting a while to get on a bus, and then it might take a while to leave the site too. In 2014 I used the shuttle buses to/from Sonisphere and I was quite tight with catching my train at Stevenage after waiting in queues for so long!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Shuttle Bus

Postby WorMzy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:04 pm

Best advice I can give is to get the shuttle early. It's better to be in town and have time to kill, then wait until the last minute and miss your train.

I haven't gotten the shuttle in a few years, but they seem to be pretty frequent on the Monday.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:00 pm

I got the shuttle bus last year. We left the festival gates at about 9 - 10am and there was a bus already there that we got on straight away, no queuing or anything.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:52 pm

To be honest.

It's not the getting from the festival site to the railway station.

It's waiting for the trains. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:00 am

WorMzy wrote:Best advice I can give is to get the shuttle early. It's better to be in town and have time to kill, then wait until the last minute and miss your train.

I agree! It was really tight for me a few years ago at Sonisphere, although fortunately I don't have to get such an early train this time. Lichfield to Reading is a much shorter journey than Stevenage to Dundee!

Gandalf the Red wrote:To be honest.

It's not the getting from the festival site to the railway station.

It's waiting for the trains. :lol:

When London Midland are involved I see your point.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:48 am

Jay1993 wrote:I got the shuttle bus last year. We left the festival gates at about 9 - 10am and there was a bus already there that we got on straight away, no queuing or anything.

I've done a train and the shuttle the last few years, and this has been my experience too. Same on the way to the festival site from the station, have always just got straight on one.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:59 pm

To be honest we normally leave it a bit and let the ones in a hurry go. Mid morning is usually fine, meaning about 10 o'clock.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp