Stage Times

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Re: Stage Times

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Looking good for me this year :D

Only got one clash with Biggus Riffus/Shrapnel and overlap with Hoofknuckle/Red Rum and Kreator/Xentrix.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:49 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:Do we know in Blind Guardian are definitely doing imaginations in full? Just looking at previous setlists and I noticed that the last one wasn't an imaginations set - and it looks like 1h in length.

Yes. We've already posted about four quotes from the band saying that they are playing it. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:51 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:Do we know in Blind Guardian are definitely doing imaginations in full? Just looking at previous setlists and I noticed that the last one wasn't an imaginations set - and it looks like 1h in length.

Someone said that there was a Q&A on facebook and it was confirmed by a member of the band, but it's all a bit Man In T'pub™ hearsay tbh.

I hope it's true.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Times look pretty good this year.

Having taken some time to think through my clashes, this is my likely line-up:

Thursday
Ramage Inc, Wind Rose, Battle Beast

Friday
Merithian, Embodiment, Thuum, Devilment, Electric Mother, Raze the Void, end of Dendera, Hung Daddy, Season's End, Black Moth, end of Testament, Biggus Riffus, Blind Guardian, Hanowar, Amon Amarth. Might do Inquisition if I'm not too tired.

Saturday
Ward XVI, Hundred Year Old Man, Eradikator, Havok, Raised by Owls, Bangover, Annihilator, Ba'al, Malum Sky, Red Rum, Twisted Illusion, Dakesis, end of Kreator (plus BOA 2018 announcement), Departed, Ghost

Sunday
Switchblade City, Battalions, Blind Haze, Wretched Soul, Courtesans, Puppy, start of Wolfheart, Atragon, Hell, Na Cruithne, some of Skindred (whilst staying on the left so I can check a bit of Mist out if the mood takes me), Vorbid, start of Arch Enemy (again, on the left so I can duck in to see Blaakyum), Voodoo Blood, Megadeth, Wintersun.

All in all, that's a pretty good run for me. :)

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:02 pm

The album 'Imaginations From the Other Side' is about 50 minutes long, so an hour long set gives them time to play the full thing, chat a bit and perhaps fit another song in.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:15 pm

I think they will play The Bard's Song (In the Forest) and Mirror, Mirror at the end.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Valhalla, The Bard's Song and Mirror Mirror is the usual encore anyway.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:22 pm

i0th wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:
i0th wrote:Clashfinder updated https://clashfinder.com/s/mjboa2017

Only an hour for Blind Guardian :(

Wonderful, cheers. :D I have literally zero clashes which is great.

May I ask why it's set to "print if you have to"? Are we awaiting something? Just curious.

Just incase something changes but I'm not expecting anything. Except King810 obviously but think that'll be an on the day thing.

Right, I see. Thanks!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Valhalla, The Bard's Song and Mirror Mirror is the usual encore anyway.

'Valhalla' lasts too long because they let the crowd repeat the chorus over and over and over again. Last year at the Forum they could easily have played another song instead.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:46 pm

Is it me, or have they dropped the 1325-1350 slot on the Jager?

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Yeah, there's only five bands on the Jaeger stage per day, vs. six in 2016.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Was hoping for 7 this year. Oh well!

I've put up the first draft of my printable schedule for the year. Link in my sig. Same format as I've put out for the last dozen events.

Info is sparse, more will appear as I get more info!

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Some pretty bloody stupid clashes this year. I'm going to watch a lot of New Blood Bands this year when there's nothing else I want to watch..but not really the ones I really really want to see out of choice. This seems to happen every year with the quality bands I want to watch on New blood clashing with quality bands most people will want to watch on the Sophie or RJD and then the New Blood bands I'm not bothered about are on when there's not much else I want to see on any other stages. Don't think I'm alone with this either. Who puts Infected Dead on at the same time as Abhorrent Decimation (a conundrum for death metal fans). really dumb clash. the best New blood band Nordjevel clash with Blind Guardian. Raze The Void with Soilwork (fans of one would like the style of each probably).. Wolfheart and Obituary is a bad one too. My biggest hang out at New blood time will be Saturday afternoon after Annihilator until Kreator, fortunately some decent New Blood bands on that afternoon and might squeeze Ohmms in there too. All in all though it's not too bad actually, I'm quite pleased but pretty pissed off with the two best death metal bands on the bill clashing. Wolfheart with Obituary and Abhorrent Decimation with Infected Dead

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Two things caught my eye, AA and Megadeth are due on 45 minutes after the sub headliner yet Ghost are on an hour after Kreator, do we think that means a bigger/more elaborate stage show?

Also the main stage now opens at 10:45? Unless it's to give stagehands a little extra change over time I can't see what it's being used for

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:15 pm

It was 1045 last year IIRC