Stage Times

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Stage Times

Postby Soze » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:16 pm

I'll be quite happy with that BG set list. I've never been convinced they'd play all of Imaginations at Bloodstock, being that it's not an album which has a history in the UK, but either way will be good for me.

Xentrix and Kreator is the oddest clash for me, Bloodstock seem to like clashing Xentrix with another thrash band, it was Voivod last time. But there are very few bands I'd miss Kreator for and Xentrix certainly aren't one of them!

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Soze wrote:I'll be quite happy with that BG set list. I've never been convinced they'd play all of Imaginations at Bloodstock, being that it's not an album which has a history in the UK, but either way will be good for me.

Xentrix and Kreator is the oddest clash for me, Bloodstock seem to like clashing Xentrix with another thrash band, it was Voivod last time. But there are very few bands I'd miss Kreator for and Xentrix certainly aren't one of them!

Really weird clash this especially with "background music" being on, could they just not have had them starting at 20.30?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:49 pm

I'd be somewhat disappointed by a lack of "Imaginations from the other side" being played in full. Don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy the set pretty much no matter what they play. But having been led to believe up to this point that they'd be doing it, to see them do something else would be a bit of let down, particularly given that for my tastes it's their best album.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Might be worth tweeting Blind Guardian or something to see about the Imaginations set? Tbh I would have thought Bloodstock would have announced it if they were as they did with Fear Factory and Behemoth. Seems unlikely with just an hour slot too.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:36 pm

But more to the point, what is the special thing that apparently Megadeth are doing?!

Someone on FB suggested it was them playing Mechanix, but they've played that every time I've seen them!

The whole of Rust In Peace would be ace.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:05 pm

i0th wrote:Did the times of stuff ever come out last year? I seem to remember not having it on my lists and therefore not seeing any of it because fuck having to check the shitty program's layout.

No. As a result, I saw none of those bands.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:07 pm

bloodfiend wrote:But more to the point, what is the special thing that apparently Megadeth are doing?!

Someone on FB suggested it was them playing Mechanix, but they've played that every time I've seen them!

Yeah I saw that Wacken interview, I'm intrigued and have no idea what it could be! I'm really hoping they play Mechanix, I've never seen them play it live and its probably my favourite Megadeth song!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:35 pm

bloodfiend wrote:But more to the point, what is the special thing that apparently Megadeth are doing?!

Is this special for Bloodstock? Perhaps Dave's voice will sound decent for it? Or Alissa Cookie Monster will join them on stage?

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Mechanix is great when I have seen them play it live but I would prefer them to play the entire of the Peace Sells album.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:07 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Mechanix is great when I have seen them play it live but I would prefer them to play the entire of the Peace Sells album.

He said something about "we tried this before, but we didn't quite do it", so I hardly it's gonna be Mechanix cos they've played it a billion times before.

Would love to see Peace Sells, but there's zero chance of that since Dave said he'll never play The Conjuring now since he became a devout Christian.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:16 pm

All of 'The World Needs a Hero'?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Black Wizard wrote:All of 'The World Needs a Hero'?

??!!!

Would be a great way to empty the field.

Why would they want to play the whole of one of their worst albums?

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Yeah he said they'd tried it before but it was missing one element, wonder what it could be :?

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Whatever it is will probably be very underwhelming and not worth the build-up.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Yeah he said they'd tried it before but it was missing one element, wonder what it could be :?

Perhaps Friedman is going to join them for a Rust in Peace run through?