King 810

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
NE29PHIL
Lowly Peon

Re: King 810

Postby NE29PHIL » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:33 pm

Pleased I don't go to Wacken if Bob Geldorf is there!
That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it!

Lemmy Kilmister

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:39 pm

NE29PHIL wrote:Pleased I don't go to Wacken if Bob Geldorf is there!

I think there would have been other alternatives whilst he was on.

Some of that early Boomtown Rats material is pretty good actually.

Hartyboy
Lowly Peon

Postby Hartyboy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:20 pm

I don't think they deserve the hate they've been getting, I thought they were original and interesting and the performance worked really well with the video footage on the screens. As to whether they are really tough guys or not: who cares, it might just be an act. No one cares if dannii filth is a real vampire do they?

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:01 am

I can only speak for myself but I thought they were dreadful. The pseudo hardmen acting and the whole guns and life on the streets stuff is bad enough but the music was both tedious and uninspiring.

I was prepared to give them a chance but they lost me after 2 songs. The worst band I have seen in 3 years at BOA (even worse than Trivium).
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

NE29PHIL
Lowly Peon

Postby NE29PHIL » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Hartyboy wrote:I don't think they deserve the hate they've been getting, I thought they were original and interesting and the performance worked really well with the video footage on the screens. As to whether they are really tough guys or not: who cares, it might just be an act. No one cares if dannii filth is a real vampire do they?

That's two of us then Hartyboy ha ha! :lol: You make a good Point about Danii Filth as well sir.
That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it!

Lemmy Kilmister

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Yeah. But vampires, unicorns and devils aren't real. Guns are and people die. Some of us live in the real world.

Next time someone thinks that gangs and guns are cool, then think of Rhys Jones. An 11 year old kid that was walking home from football practice and shot in the back by a cowardly cunt that thought he was hard because he had a gun. Remind you of anyone?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

NE29PHIL
Lowly Peon

Postby NE29PHIL » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Yeah. But vampires, unicorns and devils aren't real. Guns are and people die. Some of us live in the real world.

Next time someone thinks that gangs and guns are cool, then think of Rhys Jones. An 11 year old kid that was walking home from football practice and shot in the back by a cowardly cunt that thought he was hard because he had a gun. Remind you of anyone?

I'm only commenting from an entertainment perspective rather than from a moral perspective. I have no idea if King 810 are "gangsters" or not but I agree wholeheartedly with the point you made about Rhys Jones however, I don't really regard musicians as role models (unfortunately, I will concede, some probably do).

Many bands will be controversial as it generates publicity. Ozzy used to cause outrage in the more religious American states and was blamed for influencing kids to commit suicide through his music, but to the rational mind, Suicide Solution is just a song, not an order to kill yourself. By the same token, I regard King 810's stage performance as an act, but I don't feel the urge to mimic their on stage persona.
Bands like Mayhem, Gorgoroth and Burzum have made careers on the back of significantly worse crimes than King 810. Obviously I don't advocate Church burning and murder, but I still enjoy their music.

We're all different though.

Lemmy Kilmister

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:13 am

I was more commenting on that I would rather have Dani Filth harmlessly pretending to be a vampire than someone trying be genuinely violent. I mean, have you met him? He's even shorter than me. What's he going to do? Bite someone's knee? :lol:

But to me it's the fact that most of King 810's fan base is very young and impressionable that's the problem. You just have to see the comments on their FB page and YouTube videos to see the type of crowd they attract. I would rather have a bunch of kids walking around in capes and plastic teeth any day of the week.

I won't mention the Black Metal nonsense as it's been done to death on here.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

NE29PHIL
Lowly Peon

Postby NE29PHIL » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:54 am

Can't disagree with anything you say mate. Unfortunately chavs will be chavs (I think Shakespear said that). The glorification of guns and crime in music isn't anything new though. Society is in a mess when you have to explain to impressionable daft lads that the show they are watching is all just an act.

Lemmy Kilmister

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Well there's a surprise. ...One of the first bands to have their full set put on the you tube channel. Stop trying to pretend they were good ha ha.
I see the bad moon arising.