Megadeth's "particularly cool thing"

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Megadeth's "particularly cool thing"

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Dave Mustaine said in an interview at Wacken that Megadeth would be doing something "particularly cool" at Bloodstock that they'd tried before but there was something "huge" missing the previous time. It wasn't clear to me what this "particularly cool" thing was and it just seemed like a regular Megadeth set.

Any ideas?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Megadeth's "particularly cool thing"

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Apprantly it was playing Mechanix from what I've heard. Although I don't get what the big deal about Mechanix would be (slightly rarer gem but not a big surprise).

Personally I think it could of been the singer from Arch Enemy joining Megadeth for A Tout Le Monde ala UA version but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:04 pm

They played 'Mechanix' at Wacken though, so I don't see what was so special about it - and what "huge" thing would Dave have needed to play it? I've seen it played before and there was nothing outrageously special about it.

I was also wondering if Alissa Cookie Monster was going to come on stage during 'A Tout Le Monde', but obviously that didn't happen.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:44 pm

it was filming in 360 degrees i'm lead to believe

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:20 pm

I was told it was the 3D camera on the guitar fretboard that played on the video screen at some point.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:40 pm

houston4044 wrote:Personally I think it could of been the singer from Arch Enemy joining Megadeth for A Tout Le Monde ala UA version but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Hell, they didn't even bring Christina out to do it at Wacken when Lacuna Coil were playing on the same day :-(
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:23 pm

I thought it was because he smiled at one point.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:55 pm

They were filming for a virtual reality set. Dave Mustaine confirmed it on Twitter and you could see the weird cameras dotted alongside the front of the stage :lol:

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Well I think it's pretty obvious the big cool surprise for bloodstock was Mustaine's chops reminiscent of Hetfield in the early-mid 90s

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Soze wrote:I was told it was the 3D camera on the guitar fretboard that played on the video screen at some point.

That was pretty interesting but wasn't used for very long, if that was the "cool thing" then that's really underwhelming.

Jay1993 wrote:They were filming for a virtual reality set. Dave Mustaine confirmed it on Twitter and you could see the weird cameras dotted alongside the front of the stage :lol:

Now this could be interesting if it gets released.

Tet wrote:Hell, they didn't even bring Christina out to do it at Wacken when Lacuna Coil were playing on the same day :-(

Well that blows that theory out the water :lol:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 am

Jay1993 wrote:They were filming for a virtual reality set. Dave Mustaine confirmed it on Twitter and you could see the weird cameras dotted alongside the front of the stage :lol:

That's kind of cool but a bit of an anti-climax. It would have been nice of Dave to have said "hey, we're filming this special thing today" but he doesn't really do talking during his shows. Probably because his singing voice is totally buggered now and he needs to protect what he's got left. :lol:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:07 am

Black Wizard wrote:That's kind of cool but a bit of an anti-climax. It would have been nice of Dave to have said "hey, we're filming this special thing today" but he doesn't really do talking during his shows. Probably because his singing voice is totally buggered now and he needs to protect what he's got left. :lol:

His live voice has always been shot, I saw Megadeth a few times back in the late 80s and if anything it was worse! He's got a snarl that suits the band but he's always been an awful singer.