New user? Need to start a new thread in this section?

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Noodle
I am the Law!

New user? Need to start a new thread in this section?

Postby Noodle » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Due to anti-spam measures, new users are unable to start new topics. If you need to start one, post in this thread, starting with the title you would have chosen and one of the moderator team will sort it for you as we will check here every time we log on.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

digideus
Consort of the Beast

Re: New user? Need to start a new thread in this section?

Postby digideus » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:12 am

That seems a tad harsh. doesnt the usual authorization email thing work any more?

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:07 am

No, not really. As soon as phpbb (writers of the forum software template) releases updates, or Bloodstock implements one of their own anti-spam measures, spammers have found a way around it.

This isn't ideal and we all acknowledge that, but by manually approving each new users' first few posts I don't think we've had a single spambot's post or thread since we've had this particular measure. It just means we mods have to pay attention.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Deadsong
Lowly Peon

Postby Deadsong » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:32 pm

How do I post in the Wishlist, I can't find a posting button.
Wolfheart for Bloodstock 2015

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Reason is stated in the first post in this thread. Follow the instructions given & we will moderate your posts.

Noodle wrote:Due to anti-spam measures, new users are unable to start new topics. If you need to start one, post in this thread, starting with the title you would have chosen and one of the moderator team will sort it for you as we will check here every time we log on.

sophia5892
Lowly Peon

Postby sophia5892 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi

Sorry to bother you! I've tried replying to the thread "Taxi?" twice but not had my posts approved... even though my own thread and my reply on there were posted afterwards and approved with no problem. I've just tried to reply again and it still says I need authorisation. Is there some reason I'm not allowed to reply/am not getting approval??

Thank you!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:23 am

sophia5892 wrote:Hi

Sorry to bother you! I've tried replying to the thread "Taxi?" twice but not had my posts approved... even though my own thread and my reply on there were posted afterwards and approved with no problem. I've just tried to reply again and it still says I need authorisation. Is there some reason I'm not allowed to reply/am not getting approval??

Thank you!

All sorted now, apologies for the delay. You should now be able to post without approval as you have passed the initial measures. Regards.