Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:47 am

Are Cradle Of Filth that big a deal now days? I think their popularity took a huge dive a while ago.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:49 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Are Cradle Of Filth that big a deal now days? I think their popularity took a huge dive a while ago.

Nope, they struggled to sell out the Forum last year. It was their big one uk date thing as well.

Oh yeah, I reckon one of the headliners are going to be Sabaton.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:16 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Are Cradle Of Filth that big a deal now days? I think their popularity took a huge dive a while ago.

I was thinking that as I wrote it actually, haven't heard much about them the last few years.

King Penda
Powermetal Child

Postby King Penda » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:42 am

Given the reaction to Revamp on Sunday who were upstaged by a mud fight near the Jagermeister Nightwish is a massive no from me
The idea of Katherine Jenkins singing for Hammerfall dosent do it for me i`m afraid, sorry

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:25 pm

If Cradle of Filth did end up as headliners again they'd have to raise their game considerably. Gobstopper unpleasantness aside, they were very dull in 2009. Their stage show was less theatrical than their Download 06 set (they had acrobats and shit). I was expecting a significant step up from that and possibly even a guest appearance by Doug "Pinhead" Bradley (voice actor on several of their albums).
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:30 pm

MetalBeast wrote:If Cradle of Filth did end up as headliners again they'd have to raise their game considerably. Gobstopper unpleasantness aside, they were very dull in 2009. Their stage show was less theatrical than their Download 06 set (they had acrobats and shit). I was expecting a significant step up from that and possibly even a guest appearance by Doug "Pinhead" Bradley (voice actor on several of their albums).

Pinhead drinks in the same pub as me. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Cradle Of Filth are still pretty big abroad but in the UK not so much anymore. Still prefer to see Cradle over bands like Mayhem as they've become even worse.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:57 pm

i0th wrote:Think they said they'd never play a UK festival again, let alone Bloodstock. No chance of them returning to BOA, thank fuck.

They were going to play Alt-Fest so must have changed their minds about UK festivals. Think they may just be a little more selective about where they play (although in hindsight it did not work out too well for them!).
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:42 pm

Killing_time wrote:Cradle Of Filth are still pretty big abroad but in the UK not so much anymore. Still prefer to see Cradle over bands like Mayhem as they've become even worse.

Esoteric Warfare begs to differ :)

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:02 pm

No way Cradle Of Filth are remotely relevant enough to even sub these days.

Would be an awful booking.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 pm

This is just about the most negative thing I've ever put on here, but it just went this way, it TL;DR too, Oh well... Sorry

I actually still like Cradle a lot, however they can not play Bloodstock ever again, not after the way they threw in the towel last time. And lets make no mistake, they threw in the towel.

I saw it, It wasn't a gobstopper that hit Paul, and for me that's the proof.

I was right at the front and saw Paul get hit, it was a seemingly full plastic bottle, lid on, thrown up very high, and it hit him right in the lower back; Ouch. Hell maybe a gobstopper hit him around the same time but whatever; the object that made him hold his back and walk off stage was a bottle. I'd bet my lower back on it.

Which begs the question, why insist that it was a Gobstopper?

Well that's because Cradle (Dani probably) quit.

I'm sure gobstoppers where thrown, but it was not a gobstopper that hit Paul, Dani didn't see it as he was facing the other way and obviously neither did Paul. So again I ask, why insist that it was a Gobstopper then? Its because they quit and they needed a deference for quitting. They picked up on the Gobstopper thing as it was something unusual, something that the festival could be liable for, after all every festival has bottles so that can't bee seen as out of order, projectile bottles are an occupational hazard for festival bands. Big ass gobstoppers are not, in other words Cradle gets to cut there set, Bloodstock has a vague set of possible legal ramifications waved at them and so doesn't complain, and that's that.

Paul by all accounts wanted to play on, good for and him he was right, finishing the set is absolutely the right thing to do, but this was nixed by the 'band' (again I assume Dani- Maybe). Even if this is legit concern, and Paul really did need medical attention then still, the rest of the band Should come back out and do one last song. Yes, they have lost there lead guitarist, massive loss, It wont be great, but it is still the right thing to do. Its the right thing to do for the young girl that was almost crying waiting for them to come back out, and the diligent small gang of fans that where still there after every one else went away. But the main reason for this been the right thing to do; well its because if the did they won. Not coming back out meant Cradle lost, and it was the very small minority of haters that won. It was a defeat so humiliating that If Cradle where to ever appear on stage again at Bloodstock, the projectiles will be even worse (and with no fucking gobstoppers to blame this time) as the dicks that made them quit last time would be out to do the same again x2.

Primordial played on even when Alan's voice vanished after one song. He stayed out there too, for pretty much the whole dam set! That must have been massively tough for the guy and the band but, my hat comes off to the man. He stuck it out and tried to whip up the crowds singalong, the best he could. And Primordial killed it this year too! Victory. My point been If Cradle had come back out, even a man down, even for just one song, even a fucking cover, even only playing to the 200 or so people that stayed at the barrier (actually that would have been amazing!), anything like that, then they would have come out on top, but quitting and sounding off about imaginary confectionery bullets, well that put payed to them appearing at any credible 'proper' metal fest for the foreseeable future.

Lame.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm not a Cradle fan (though I thought they were doing okay at the time), but there's no way any artist/band should have to play on after having shit thrown at them. I don't care if you're good or shit, nice guys/gals or arseholes - there's no need for it. There's also no need for them to come back out afterwards and play another song. Whether it was a bottle, a gobstopper or whatever, they have crap thrown at them and that's that. There was no way they could know whether it would happen again if they did indeed come out too. I think people should be sore at the wanker that threw it than at the band themselves.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:16 pm

If I was onstage and somebody threw stuff at me then I'd walk. Lemmy's done it before now and he's hardly a diva.

And I've seen Morrissey do it after someone threw a glass of lager over him after one song. Cheers for that! £40 on tickets down the Swanee. :x

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Yeah the way I see it, regardless of what was thrown the band have no obligation to play on when things are being thrown at them. Don't be so ridiculous.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:I'm not a Cradle fan (though I thought they were doing okay at the time), but there's no way any artist/band should have to play on after having shit thrown at them. I don't care if you're good or shit, nice guys/gals or arseholes - there's no need for it. There's also no need for them to come back out afterwards and play another song. Whether it was a bottle, a gobstopper or whatever, they have crap thrown at them and that's that. There was no way they could know whether it would happen again if they did indeed come out too. I think people should be sore at the wanker that threw it than at the band themselves.

Yep there is no doubt that the person(s) that threw it is at fault, and that any anger should be directed at said idiot(s). And it would indeed take massive balls to come back out; however, what I'm saying is that due to Cradle lacking the aforementioned 'ballls' they cant show their faces on a similar stage again. which is a big shame.

Yes coming back out is above and beyond the call of duty, but It's what I hope a band that I like would chose to do, and I can't help but feel rather disappointed in them; rightly or wrongly, and I still feel feel that way.

Bet primordial would have finished the set.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?