Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 am

Blake_Porter wrote:Just for them to go and decide not to show up :?

I just want to see Deicide :lol: Hopefully if BOA keeps booking them, one year they'll decide to turn up!

Actually, if you look at the Damnation page apparently they are close to selling out, could some of the bands playing there be in line for BOA next year and we are just waiting for it to sell out? Bolt Thrower and Cannibal Corpse next year would be nice :yes:

strangeasangels
Denim Demon

Postby strangeasangels » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:12 pm

No to Cannibal Corpse. My thoughts on them are documented elsewhere. As for Bolt Thrower, well, I wouldn't hold your breath.

GTFCMike
Definitely Not Nu

Postby GTFCMike » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:32 pm

houston4044 wrote:Actually, if you look at the Damnation page apparently they are close to selling out........

According to their post dated yesterday they expect to hit 1600 ticket sales this week. The capacity is 3000.
Come on Bloodstock. You know you want to. Hypocrisy. Sort it, Bloodstock! ;)

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:35 pm

GTFCMike wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Actually, if you look at the Damnation page apparently they are close to selling out........

According to their post dated yesterday they expect to hit 1600 ticket sales this week. The capacity is 3000.

Ah yeah, so it does. I stand corrected :yes:

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 pm

MetalMan wrote:By the way, this is my first post on here, so hi!

Welcome to the forum. There's a thread in which to introduce yourself if you're interested.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:21 am

I'm hoping for a plethora of genres this year. I feel 2013 was predominantly Thrash and this year there was too much Death. I personally would love to see Borknangar get booked. I will be watching Solstafir and Bolt Thrower at Damnation but I would love to see a fairly popular but not massively commercial band of that ilk being booked.

GTFCMike
Definitely Not Nu

Postby GTFCMike » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:16 am

florencethemachine wrote:I'm hoping for a plethora of genres this year.

Totally agree. Personally the more black and death the better but it is so disheartening to see many of the people I've attended with over the years not come in 2014 because there's nothing there for them.

Three of our group have supported the festival since it's very first show at the Assembly Rooms. It's those people who got me to tag along in the open air era. They were sorely missed in our area of the campsite.

Get back to offering something for everyone. Bit of folk, bit of power (bugger off, trolls!), prog too, amongst the offerings of the darker metal genres that have demanded.

No reason why when I'm enjoying a great black metal band on one stage the more traditionalist amongst us can't boogie along to something to their liking on one of the other stages.

Do hope the powers that be take note :)
Come on Bloodstock. You know you want to. Hypocrisy. Sort it, Bloodstock! ;)

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:36 am

This year was great especially since there was a lot more Death for a change and the New Blood Stage was pleasantly heavy - at last the M2M people are getting an ear for the good stuff . Deicide (they wouldn't not turn up twice in 3 years would they?), Dying Fetus, Immolation, Desecration, etc

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:57 pm

slayerslays wrote:there was a lot more Death for a change and the New Blood Stage was pleasantly heavy - at last the M2M people are getting an ear for the good stuff

I'll take the opposite view and I think the M2TM winners were noticeably worse in quality than they have been in previous years. But perhaps more worryingly, there's been a lack of variety. Whether you like the heavier stuff or not, it's not good for the festival to have such a strong bias towards one end of the metal spectrum.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Laichzeit
Warrior of Metal

Postby Laichzeit » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Tet wrote:
slayerslays wrote:there was a lot more Death for a change and the New Blood Stage was pleasantly heavy - at last the M2M people are getting an ear for the good stuff

I'll take the opposite view and I think the M2TM winners were noticeably worse in quality than they have been in previous years. But perhaps more worryingly, there's been a lack of variety. Whether you like the heavier stuff or not, it's not good for the festival to have such a strong bias towards one end of the metal spectrum.

I agree with Tet, there's something wrong with the selection process....maybe a judge...

ChromeX
Warrior of Metal

Postby ChromeX » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:56 pm

A lot more power and folk would be nice this year, and if Opeth or Dream Theater did get a headline spot, then that would be absolutely ideal for me personally! :D
BOA: '09 '10 '11 '13 '14 '16 '17 '18 '19
Alt-fraud: '14

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:26 pm

houston4044 wrote:

I just want to see Deicide :lol: Hopefully if BOA keeps booking them, one year they'll decide to turn up!

I saw Deicide a couple of years back and they were awesome. Hopefully BOA will manage to get them to actually turn up at some point.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:56 am

MetalBeast wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

I saw Deicide a couple of years back and they were awesome. Hopefully BOA will manage to get them to actually turn up at some point.

I've seen them at least 15 times so I think the not turning up reputation is a little bit exaggerated.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby PhilMow » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:14 am

Deicide would be good. Could headline the SOPHIE Stage.

Bolt Thrower would be immense. Not quite RJD headliner, maybe Special Guest, but certainly
would be a very worthy SOPHIE headliner. They'd get a very sizable crowd wherever they play
at Bloodstock. If they ever decide to play.

I think we'll have had at least one announcement by the end of September IMO.
Nit sure when Vicky is back from her well deserved post-Bloodstock holiday, so not much is
probably being done on that side of things whilst she's away.
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01
Download 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Bloodstock 09,10,11,12,13,14,15
Hammerfest 13, 14, 15
Temples 14

Damnation 15[/size]

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:32 pm

Bolt-Thrower special guests? Seriously? I know they rarely play...so have that rarity factor...but are they really so big? I'd say Deicide are a much bigger band, I'd be astonished if Bolt-Thrower have ever sold a fraction of the albums that Deicide have.