Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Next announcement

Postby cthulhu » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:59 am

Beardy wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:
Beardy wrote:With the sad demise of Heaven And Hell, I don't think there is a doom band that could headline the mainstage. The only real possibility is the doom/death My Dying Bride and even then I'm not so sure they'd be any more than a Special Guest these days.

I would put them on par with Paradise Losts time in 2012

Perhaps, MDB have more rarity value though...

Perhaps i'm wrong but isn't their fanbase also quite a lot smaller than Paradise Lost's is? Might have to balance the rarity against how many people care if it's rare or not.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:19 am

Yeah, I'd say MDB would have at best the same slot as Paradise Lost. I'd absolutely love them to get it next year.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:33 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Or Black Sabbath if they sack the gibbering idiot and get a proper singer again.....

Sabbath headlining with Tony Martin would be awesome!
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:41 am

Davros wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Or Black Sabbath if they sack the gibbering idiot and get a proper singer again.....

Sabbath headlining with Tony Martin would be awesome!

By all accounts they don't have any contact anymore. Jorn Lande was brought in to tour and deputise if Dio wasn't up to singing but the tour never happened so there may be some scope for a Heaven and Hell type tour, depends on Iommi.

That said, Ozzy was far from a gibbering wreck at Hyde Park, but he wasn't distracted by buckets of water and having to be a clown. He only did that bizarre frog leap at the end. Too big for us tho.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:04 am

Aye I believe so. I saw Sabs at Hellfest and they were awesome. As you said Ozzy was far from a gibbering wreck.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:08 am

He was usually fine when I've seen him live. Although the last time was Ozzfest 1998. It was his TV appearances that I was mainly referring to. Sharon Osbourne turning him into a figure of fun. :x

Ted Nugent summed it up quite well.
I think the success of The Osbournes as a TV show is an indictment of the soullessness of mankind. Now, I'm just a guitar player, but when I see a train wreck, I don't look at it and laugh — I try to save injured people. You're not supposed to wring entertainment out of tragedy. Ozzy is a nice man, he is a kind man, he is an extremely talented man, extremely tenacious, obviously. But he is the poster boy of why I never touched poisons in my life. Because I don't want to drool, nor do I want to allow a woman in my life to take advantage of my drooling condition to make millions of dollars from people laughing at me. That's what she has done. And no one is laughing with the Osbournes — they are laughing at them. I find that soulless.

But the problem with him being in the band is that they won't play any of the vastly superior material (IMO) that they recorded post OO.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

ChromeX
Warrior of Metal

Postby ChromeX » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:39 am

I think the success of The Osbournes as a TV show is an indictment of the soullessness of mankind. Now, I'm just a guitar player, but when I see a train wreck, I don't look at it and laugh — I try to save injured people. You're not supposed to wring entertainment out of tragedy. Ozzy is a nice man, he is a kind man, he is an extremely talented man, extremely tenacious, obviously. But he is the poster boy of why I never touched poisons in my life. Because I don't want to drool, nor do I want to allow a woman in my life to take advantage of my drooling condition to make millions of dollars from people laughing at me. That's what she has done. And no one is laughing with the Osbournes — they are laughing at them. I find that soulless.

That is probably the only intelligent thing i've ever heard Ted Nugent say.
BOA: '09 '10 '11 '13 '14 '16 '17 '18 '19
Alt-fraud: '14

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:38 pm

I've heard the plan for next year is an Ozzy solo tour, which I guess could be a slight possibility, although he could probably still headline bigger festivals than Bloodstock. I'm not fussed either way, for me, Dio was a far better singer and Black Sabbath recorded far better songs with him in the band. I don't mind Ozzy's stuff, but for me its not on the same level.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:40 pm

ChromeX wrote:

Back in the day he wasn't as bad, except for the whole shitting himself thing.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

reverend bizarre
Warrior of Metal

Postby reverend bizarre » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Skippy wrote:I've heard the plan for next year is an Ozzy solo tour, which I guess could be a slight possibility, although he could probably still headline bigger festivals than Bloodstock. I'm not fussed either way, for me, Dio was a far better singer and Black Sabbath recorded far better songs with him in the band. I don't mind Ozzy's stuff, but for me its not on the same level.

Same here...
Official Member Of "The Parish Of Doom"

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Smerphy wrote:
ChromeX wrote:

Back in the day he wasn't as bad, except for the whole shitting himself thing.

Propaganda spread by the lefties I'm afraid. He was exempt from national service due to being a student.

Ted Nugent is up there with the best acts I've ever seen. Not many can play bona fide classics for three hours.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:16 pm

It was from Nugent himself, but retracted later, saying he was playing up to journalists who wanted to hear stuff like that. He was inelligable for the draft at the start of the war but not during it
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:54 pm

I don't even know who this man is :?

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:26 pm

He's also just released a statement suggesting they load up on guns and then go hunt down terrorists in the streets...not sure how that's supposed to work exactly, not like they have a uniform, i wonder if a paint colour chart factors in to that somewhere.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Sounds like a bit of a bellend tbh.