Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Next announcement

Postby cthulhu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:20 pm

houston4044 wrote:i doubt boa could afford zombie tbh, bls are an ok band but they would be underwhelming as a headliner

To be fair if they can afford Alice Cooper or Slayer i'm pretty sure they're ok on Rob Zombie.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:34 pm

cthulhu wrote:
houston4044 wrote:i doubt boa could afford zombie tbh, bls are an ok band but they would be underwhelming as a headliner

To be fair if they can afford Alice Cooper or Slayer i'm pretty sure they're ok on Rob Zombie.

I wouldn't think Slayer are all that expensive if you consider the size of venues they normally play, couple that with the statements Lombardo made about Slayer undervaluing themselves to agents.

I agree with Cooper though, but then you have to consider he was booked alongside a non-exclusive machine head and behemoth, rob zombie this year would be booked alongside an exclusive within tempation and (i dream) judas priest :p

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Is Rob Zombie that big a deal now? Not heard anything from him for years as he seems to be spending most of his time ruining old horror movie franchises.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:09 pm

houston4044 wrote:I wouldn't think Slayer are all that expensive if you consider the size of venues they normally play, couple that with the statements Lombardo made about Slayer undervaluing themselves to agents.

I agree with Cooper though, but then you have to consider he was booked alongside a non-exclusive machine head and behemoth, rob zombie this year would be booked alongside an exclusive within tempation and (i dream) judas priest :p

If they weren't that expensive i'd imagine the festival would have had them sooner. As for the issue's Lombardo stated on his quitting the band about $4m going to the agents and so on for any fiscal year...well that money isn't coming from nowhere and with sales quite low in todays climate you can be pretty sure a good chunk of that is tour profits.

When you consider the venue costs, support band costs, roadcrew cost for a full crew featuring an FOH team, a monitor guy, a tour manager, lighting guy(s), merch people, drum tech, guitar tech(s), general roadies and then drivers, tour bus hire, flights/ferries, security...and then consider the label and management companies both take a cut as do accountants and then finally the band members themselves (after which Bostaph gets paid a salary) if they're still making over $4.4m as Lombardo states they're either playing virtually every night of the year or they're extremely well paid for the shows they do. Even with merch sales making up a chunk of it you're likely not making that kind of money in 12 months unless you're touring for a decent amount.

Regardless of Machine Head being non-exclusive Machine Head are surely not a cheap band to book although i suspect Behemoth probably were. And to be honest i doubt Within Temptation are an expensive band to book baring in mind that beyond that one Arena date they've played they're mostly playing to similar sized crowds as the ones that Behemoth are on their current tour...although Priest are surely expensive and likely more so since they've cut back on dates.

Gandalf the Red wrote:Is Rob Zombie that big a deal now? Not heard anything from him for years as he seems to be spending most of his time ruining old horror movie franchises.

There's no easy way to answer it, in the past 5 years he's done 2 festival appearances and 2 tours. This year he was just under headliner at Download...to a very weak line up. The year before he was headlining the second stage. His first UK tour in the last 5 years was purely academies. But his second was a joint arena tour...however Marilyn Manson was closing the shows every night.

I never see much of his merchandise at shows and i don't know anyone who has bought anything he's released in over a decade now...but then i only know a bunch of people in one area of the country.

Giving it a bit of thought since my last post i'm convinced Zombie is not cheap to book but at the same time i don't think that he's too expensive for bloodstock by any means even with Priest on the bill.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Reckon they'd both be expensive - unlike the 'big in Europe' metal bands, both can tour the outdoor sheds in America during the summer, so any Euro fest would have to compete with that - presumably no-one stumped up enough for Priest's British Steel anniversary shows to come over here. They're popularity as a live draw has also shrunk - the first chance to see them back with Halford had two sold out nights at the Apollo, last tour just one.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:03 am

Cannibal Corpse, Ihsahn and Sepultura announced.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:06 am

"BAND ANNOUNCEMENT"
We are pleased to announce Cannibal Corpse as an EXCLUSIVE UK SHOW, Sepultura and Ihsahn -Official- ONLY UK show added to the 2015 Bloodstock Festival lineup.

Cannibal Corpse - eh. But the other two? Not bad at all. :yes:

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 am

Not fussed about any of them, but it is a good mix of music. I wonder where they are going to sit on the bill?

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:19 am

Guessing Canibal Corpse will be special guest.

But Ihsahn will be great!
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:31 am

Ihsahn and Sepultura will be good :D

Cannibal Corpse suck though :( Should have booked Cannabis Corpse instead.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:42 am

That'll do me

Cannibal Corpse are unadulterated shite, but Ihsahn is great and so long as Sepultura throw in a few classics they'll be good too

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:44 am

Not fucking Sepultura. Biggest waste of a slot imaginable. Cannibal Corpse and Ihsahn are not bad though.

But they are three recent repeats. :rolleyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

strangeasangels
Denim Demon

Postby strangeasangels » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:49 am

I'd watch 2 out of the 3 but still nothing to get me to say that I MUST get a ticket.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:51 am

5 bands announced, 5 bands that have played in previous years. How original.

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:52 am

As if we needed further proof that the organizers have heard of even less bands than most of the people who post on their Facebook page,we get this-three bands who seem to be over here all the time and all of which have played the fest before in the last 5 years.Nothing particularly wrong with the actual quality of the bands themselves but for God's sake the bookers really need a bit more imagination.