Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
strangeasangels
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby strangeasangels » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:44 am

Three bands I want to see that I've never seen before is just the sort of announcement that will get me going to a festival.

I have until no been doing Wacken exclusively as my festival for the past few years and even then I would have killed for an announcement like that instead of the usual group of bands they announce every other year.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Soze wrote:John Connelly was pissed out of his head that evening, they dragged him off after 15 minutes and finished the set not long after. It was embarrassing. I saw NA 3 or 4 times back in the 80s and they were incredible, one of the best live thrash acts ever. Had amazing energy on stage.

*cough* Asthma attack! :eyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:01 am

Not everyones lucky enough to go too wacken next year :p maybe one year! line up looks great so far.
Yeah I can see the cross over appeal for power and symphonic, 2 sub genres that sound fairly similar and I'm not into but would be good to have every sub genre well represented, and I know those styles are very popular with the bloodstock crowd and in keeping with its roots

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:44 am

Blake_Porter wrote:As I have said before. Its going to take a lot to entice me back to Bloodstock next year as I will be doing Wacken. Doing both will be stretching it a lot for me. So far the lineup is pretty shit for my tastes with the only band I am overly fussed on being Sepultura and even then, ill be seeing them at Wacken.

Yeah i know 2 guys who did both last year and they were zombies at BoA, by Sunday they were barely even human although the weed likely didn't help that.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:34 am

cthulhu wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:As I have said before. Its going to take a lot to entice me back to Bloodstock next year as I will be doing Wacken. Doing both will be stretching it a lot for me. So far the lineup is pretty shit for my tastes with the only band I am overly fussed on being Sepultura and even then, ill be seeing them at Wacken.

Yeah i know 2 guys who did both last year and they were zombies at BoA, by Sunday they were barely even human although the weed likely didn't help that.

At Least your friends weren't those idiots 'bin jousting' and shouting 'free Rolf Harris' and general abuse at the security! My group did hellfest, hammerfest and bloodstock!

EldraedoftheShire
Lowly Peon

Postby EldraedoftheShire » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:48 pm

We've not had an announcement for ages! Must be one due soon....

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:05 pm

EldraedoftheShire wrote:We've not had an announcement for ages! Must be one due soon....

11 days isn't ages :lol:

I'm expecting a Headliner announcement perhaps on Halloween (if it's Rob Zombie for example)
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a headliner, their support and one other band in the next announcement.

strangeasangels
Denim Demon

Postby strangeasangels » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Bearstock wrote:I'm expecting a Headliner announcement perhaps on Halloween (if it's Rob Zombie for example)

Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Make it Helloween and I'm in. :yes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Well i'm going based on that amazing last announcement(Nuclear Assault/Death To All/Dark Angel).The thing is that my missus is gonna need some persuading and as i'd actually like her to go and power metal is her genre of choice then we really need any of Powerwolf/Hammerfall/Helloween/Luca Turilli's Rhapsody/Unisonic/Gamma Ray-preferably in that order before early bird tix sell out!
Oh and Dendera would seal the deal for her too!

cthulhu

Postby cthulhu » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:20 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:Well i'm going based on that amazing last announcement(Nuclear Assault/Death To All/Dark Angel).The thing is that my missus is gonna need some persuading and as i'd actually like her to go and power metal is her genre of choice then we really need any of Powerwolf/Hammerfall/Helloween/Luca Turilli's Rhapsody/Unisonic/Gamma Ray-preferably in that order before early bird tix sell out!

it must be nice to have a partner who will go with you to BoA, I can't convince mine for love or money, she's more into mainstream metal and classic rock. Kinda a shame really as it means she doesn't really know my social life since i rarely hang out with friends except when there's live music involved.

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:18 pm

cthulhu wrote:
mathewxentrix88 wrote:Well i'm going based on that amazing last announcement(Nuclear Assault/Death To All/Dark Angel).The thing is that my missus is gonna need some persuading and as i'd actually like her to go and power metal is her genre of choice then we really need any of Powerwolf/Hammerfall/Helloween/Luca Turilli's Rhapsody/Unisonic/Gamma Ray-preferably in that order before early bird tix sell out!

it must be nice to have a partner who will go with you to BoA, I can't convince mine for love or money, she's more into mainstream metal and classic rock. Kinda a shame really as it means she doesn't really know my social life since i rarely hang out with friends except when there's live music involved.

Yeah-i'm pretty lucky,to be honest she doesn't actually like THAT many bands-but the ones she does like she is fanatical about.That's why any one (and it would only have to be one) of those mentioned will be enough to persuade her to go.
Shame about your partner not wanting to go-put the pressure on-she will crack eventually!.Just out of interest-are there any bands that if announced would persuade her?

cthulhu

Postby cthulhu » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:20 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:Yeah-i'm pretty lucky,to be honest she doesn't actually like THAT many bands-but the ones she does like she is fanatical about.That's why any one (and it would only have to be one) of those mentioned will be enough to persuade her to go.
Shame about your partner not wanting to go-put the pressure on-she will crack eventually!.Just out of interest-are there any bands that if announced would persuade her?

Ah well you may get lucky but BoA's been a bit suspect in recent years regarding that sort of band.

If they booked Motley Crue's farewell tour I'll have her dead to rights on it as she's furious about having booked time off for a hen do on Download weekend when and where we believe they're likely to hit the UK festivals. If it's BoA she'd likely come just for that with enough pressure.

Otherwise her taste is way out of BoA's ballpark but Turisas, Dragonforce, I am I, Black Star Riders, maybe Alestorm are probably the only bands roughly appropriate she might go for.

I see her point though i mean meeting my friends after 2 years now might be nice but other than that she's just spending 5 days in a tent (which she hates), getting expensive food (which she hates) and going with me to watch a bunch of death and black metal bands (which she also hates).

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:20 pm

You never know mate she might surprise you both.

My missus came with me last year and there was only a handful of bands she properly knew.

She came away with some new bands to get into (namely Hell and Death Angel) and was eager to come again this year (now really liking Megadeth).

She's even getting our tickets sorted for next year as part of our honeymoon :D

Same sorta thing mainly into more mainstream metal and hates camping but enjoyed bands she didn't think she would and loved the atmosphere/camaraderie.

Keep working on your missus bud, once she goes she'll love it :yes:
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5