Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next announcement

Postby Bearstock » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:30 pm

tmcgoay wrote:as long as they don't announce Bloodstock's got talent or Karaoke again

When I do karaoke it's the same thing as Bloodstocks Got Talent!

honest.....
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:48 pm

possibly not Judas Priest now as they have been announced for Download along with Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch and Black Stone Cherry......I wouldn't go to Download just for Priest though

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:57 pm

Baldy77 wrote:possibly not Judas Priest now as they have been announced for Download along with Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch and Black Stone Cherry......I wouldn't go to Download just for Priest though

At least Five Finger Death Punch are less likely now as well, was kinda worried they'd turn up here.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Baldy77 wrote:possibly not Judas Priest now as they have been announced for Download along with Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch and Black Stone Cherry......I wouldn't go to Download just for Priest though

The BOA booking team need shooting for not gettng Priest onboard when they were looking to do a UK fest, good job I'm seeing them at Wacken anyway but this is still dissapointing.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Bizza wrote:

The BOA booking team need shooting for not gettng Priest onboard when they were looking to do a UK fest, good job I'm seeing them at Wacken anyway but this is still dissapointing.

That's assuming they didn't try and were told to jog on because the festival wasn't big enough for them.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:24 pm

Bizza wrote:

Chances are they tried and got seriously outbid.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm disappointed that Priest are now less likely, but the thing that annoys me most about the Download announcement is that Priest are playing below Slipknot. That really sticks in one's craw.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 pm

fluffkitten wrote:
Bizza wrote:

Chances are they tried and got seriously outbid.

I dont think that would be the case. Maybe financially, bit to be subbing to Shitknot as opposed to headlining a festival? I know which one I would choose if money isn't so much of an issue which I imagine is the case

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 pm

At this point considering they've agreed to be sub-headliners across Europe, I think they don't mind picking subbing a major festival over headlining a smaller fest.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:09 am

We already knew they'd be at Download though? Still doesn't rule them out, it doesnt say UK exclusive. If the Bloodstock booking team didn't even approach Priest then they do need shooting! But I expected they were outbid by DL like mentioned. And them under Slipknot doesn't seem right to me either, its like having Black Sabbath under Korn!

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:13 am

All about the demographic though.

When Ive seen Priest mentioned as potentially at Download it's been full of posts such as "not big enough to headline", "Hopefully not headlining, not suited to festival" etc etc.

:?
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:21 am

Judas Priest are a band that hasn't really bridged themselves to the new generation mainstream in the same way Iron Maiden has. Judas Priest are massive with the more metal inclined new generation and older audience but it seems "breaking the law" and "you've got another thing coming" are what most younger (a large demographic for DL) would associate them with. JP seem to have accepted that (or the money) if they have accepted to sub (yet with their history you'd think they were certain headliners) below bands like Slipknot.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:28 am

Bearstock wrote:All about the demographic though.

When Ive seen Priest mentioned as potentially at Download it's been full of posts such as "not big enough to headline", "Hopefully not headlining, not suited to festival" etc etc.

:?

Yeah true, not suited to the festival though? Thats ridiculous! :lol:
houston4044 wrote:Judas Priest are a band that hasn't really bridged themselves to the new generation mainstream in the same way Iron Maiden has. Judas Priest are massive with the more metal inclined new generation and older audience but it seems "breaking the law" and "you've got another thing coming" are what most younger (a large demographic for DL) would associate them with. JP seem to have accepted that (or the money) if they have accepted to sub (yet with their history you'd think they were certain headliners) below bands like Slipknot.

Yeah that makes complete sense, explains alot, hard to figure out how Judas Priest can't headline when Def Leppard or Avenged Sevenfold can! Maybe they didn't want to have to compromise to get the younger generation behind them, which is fair enough!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:51 am

Hard to say really, could be hundreds of reasons or no reason at all. I imagine JP's post reunion albums seem a lot less targeted to casual fans than Leppard's 00's albums is but how big a factor that is you can't gauge really. It's like Tool, like hell if I can explain why they are so big when they seem to do the opposite of what you would expect of a band of that stature :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:08 am

Yeah true, its funny you should mention Tool, I could not work out how their considered headliner material, maybe back in 2005, but they were extremely dull!