Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Beardy
I am the Law!

Re: Next announcement

Postby Beardy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:37 am

Killing_time wrote:Limp Bizkit would have been great! At least they're fun :lol:

Limp Bizkit are about as fun as cancer. And I don't mean the band.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:19 am

Still no announcement thread :lol:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:20 am

Three headliners i would watch -which is a rarity- but nothing to go wow to. At least theres no extreme headliners which is good enough for me :yes:

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:45 am

Czech's Mate wrote:Well that announcement has well and truly ensured my non attendance at this year's festival. One crap headliner, one inappropriate, and this one which is downright diabolical and as much as I love Sabaton, it is way too soon for them to be playing again.

Also Agalloch on the mainstage? looks the totally wrong place in my opinion
this, sadly realised this some time ago.

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:47 am

Headliners are bollocks but really liking the lower bands this year, all it's gonna need is some decent Sophie headliners and on a what I which level, could be the best line up in ages.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

King Penda
Powermetal Child

Postby King Penda » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Budgie, Uriah Heep, would UFO do it? Have a real classic headliner on the Sophie stage, tent packed and singing along

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Electric Wizard and Annal Nathrakh for 2 of the Sophie headliners please

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Aerosol_Kid
Consort of the Beast

Postby Aerosol_Kid » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Chugging Pus wrote:Headliners are bollocks but really liking the lower bands this year, all it's gonna need is some decent Sophie headliners and on a what I which level, could be the best line up in ages.

Some sense in the bollocks of other posts, ignore the headliners and it's a fucking great line up, a already more for me than the whole of last year.
skull-wart wrote:Yes! Thor! Clearly the best (and most muscular and handsome) man I've ever seen at everything! I would love to see him headline every day, on every stage. At every festival and gig in this country and all of the others too.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Warlock wrote:
houston4044 wrote:The thing is Sepultura have a lot of casual fans that want to be seen to like a cool band, like Pantera; they'll buy the merch, know the big songs, complain that the original line up should reform (or get Zakk Wylde in, in Pantera's case) but won't go to a gig. Enisferum are nowhere near as big in that respect but i'd bet they have more dedicated fans, they'll be higher up as most of those who see their name and like them would be very tempted to buy a ticket (especially as it seems their March date is their only other date for awhile) whereas most people who claim to like Sepultura would look at them on the line up and think "nah, not worth it".

Although not me, I'm psyched for Sepultura :rock:

Really? I can't see much of that with Sepultura, those people piss me off! You probably get it with Pantera though. I'm looking forward to them too, never caught them before

Most people who claim to be Sepultura fans only know Refuse/resist and Roots and claim Max returning would return them to their original sound e.g. groove. They completly miss that they were a death/thrash band originally and that both the Chaos A.D. and Roots albums were packed with more than 1 hit :cuss:

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:43 pm

I think this line up only has about 4 bands I am actually excited for.

1349 - My second favourite band ever so they are always very welcome to me.

Armored Saint - Had never heard of them until they were announced but I have really grown to like them.

Sepultura - Love them, even with Derrick. Always put on a good show so as with 1349, always welcome.

Sabaton - Despite being another repeat, I never really saw them in 2012 so would still like to.

A few other bands I don't mind, but not overly hyped on them. Having said that, I, like others, will not be going to 2015. 3 of the 4 bands I mentioned have already been announced for Wacken which I am going to instead.

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:10 pm

When I scrolled down the line up page and Trivium's logo stared back at me through the computer screen, I laughed very heavily indeed. Shook my head and thought 'I hope there's a few othe bands with this announcement'.

Scrolled down some more and saw Sabaton's logo. Just days ago I had seen Sabaton live in Plymouth and I thought to myself whilst watching them 'I wish Bloodstock would still book bands like this' and here we are! I realise they played 2 years ago but they had such awful sound issues which cut the set short, although the singer kept us very entertained with his hilarious chit-chat.

Then I scrolled to the bottom of the page and I could've sworn I saw Agalloch's logo and I thought 'No way. Bloodstock only book shit bands these days' but I looked again and Agalloch's logo was still there

I simply cannot belive they've booked Agalloch. They have been one of my favourite bands for about 8 years when I first heard Ashes Against the Grain.

Who would've thought that my favourite ever Bloodstock announcement included Trivium?

I am so made up about Agalloch playing that I haven't stopped listening to them since the announcement. I also like the idea of them playing out on the mainstage. Similar bands have made it work outdoors at Bloodstock: Swallow the Sun, Triptykon and Anathema.
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Don't watch them. Broad daylight will ruin it for you. Go see em in London instead.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:57 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Warlock wrote:
houston4044 wrote:The thing is Sepultura have a lot of casual fans that want to be seen to like a cool band, like Pantera; they'll buy the merch, know the big songs, complain that the original line up should reform (or get Zakk Wylde in, in Pantera's case) but won't go to a gig. Enisferum are nowhere near as big in that respect but i'd bet they have more dedicated fans, they'll be higher up as most of those who see their name and like them would be very tempted to buy a ticket (especially as it seems their March date is their only other date for awhile) whereas most people who claim to like Sepultura would look at them on the line up and think "nah, not worth it".

Although not me, I'm psyched for Sepultura :rock:

Really? I can't see much of that with Sepultura, those people piss me off! You probably get it with Pantera though. I'm looking forward to them too, never caught them before

Most people who claim to be Sepultura fans only know Refuse/resist and Roots and claim Max returning would return them to their original sound e.g. groove. They completly miss that they were a death/thrash band originally and that both the Chaos A.D. and Roots albums were packed with more than 1 hit :cuss:

Oh right really, most people I know whi like them much prefer there early stuff. Only knowing 2 songs is stupid, the albums they were on had loads of great songs! And yeah there original sound was Thrash or Death metal not groove lol. I like all the Max stuff to be fair, including Roots! Think it was a great concept and theme. I even like some of there newer stuff, but much prefer Max's vocals.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:59 pm

Leemanruss wrote:When I scrolled down the line up page and Trivium's logo stared back at me through the computer screen, I laughed very heavily indeed. Shook my head and thought 'I hope there's a few othe bands with this announcement'.

Scrolled down some more and saw Sabaton's logo. Just days ago I had seen Sabaton live in Plymouth and I thought to myself whilst watching them 'I wish Bloodstock would still book bands like this' and here we are! I realise they played 2 years ago but they had such awful sound issues which cut the set short, although the singer kept us very entertained with his hilarious chit-chat.

Then I scrolled to the bottom of the page and I could've sworn I saw Agalloch's logo and I thought 'No way. Bloodstock only book shit bands these days' but I looked again and Agalloch's logo was still there

I simply cannot belive they've booked Agalloch. They have been one of my favourite bands for about 8 years when I first heard Ashes Against the Grain.

Who would've thought that my favourite ever Bloodstock announcement included Trivium?

I am so made up about Agalloch playing that I haven't stopped listening to them since the announcement. I also like the idea of them playing out on the mainstage. Similar bands have made it work outdoors at Bloodstock: Swallow the Sun, Triptykon and Anathema.

That's cool, glad somebody is pleased! Oh and nice name, Imperial Guard Ftw! :dibbley:

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:33 am

What happened to all the other announcement thread :?

I can only see the Overkill one and the cracker one.