Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5016
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Next announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:02 pm

It may of been the Slayer one I'm thinking of.


Anyway that BLT I've just had was delicious. Nom Nom Nom. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Next announcement

Postby cthulhu » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:37 pm

Simon Hall
10 hrs ·

I hereby plead the fifth ... I know nothing .... don't ask me. :)


that pretty much seals it for me.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

User avatar
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Next announcement

Postby cthulhu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:59 am

Image
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

User avatar
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Next announcement

Postby cthulhu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:59 am

^^^^
From some bloke on the facebook page
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5016
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Next announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:16 am

From two pages back. :P

Tet wrote:
slayer666 wrote:Just received new copy of metal hammer and in it there is a new BOA advert with black label society in line up with own logo so I presume sunday special guest ???

Image
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
someone else
Denim Demon
Posts: 6013
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Re: Next announcement

Postby someone else » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:23 am

patrickransom wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Didn't they do the same with Lamb Of God revealing all in an interview in a magazine that was printed before the announcement? Or was it someone else?


I know Metal Hammer leaked the Slayer announcement on their website somehow, not sure about the L.O.G. thing.


iirc the Machine Head one was published in a mag before the official press release
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Next announcement

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:17 am

If BLS are special guests on Sunday then the Sophie Stage is gonna have to be pretty special for me to bother with that day at all at this rate......

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7796
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: Next announcement

Postby Soze » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:53 am

Yes, the Sunday is pretty horrible already without BLS being added! I'd only be keen for Ensiferum and Orange Goblin and the former aren't that great live. A shame because Friday and Saturday, headliners aside, are quite strong for my tastes.

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:20 am

I'm judging my anticipation of RZ based on their very good set at Download a few years back (when they brought the full stage production), and not on what I saw at Hellfest last year (when they played in the middle of the day, with negligible props, iffy sound and didn't give much of a damn).

Granted, RZ is probably the act that could sway the most heavily either way in terms of entertainment (I call it the 'Motorhead live effect' >_>).

Sunday also has Agalloch, which should be good (despite not being in a tent!).
Image

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: Next announcement

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:02 pm

Sunday is looking so shit for me at the moment. Praying for decent Sophie bands.

User avatar
Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1535
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:54 am
Location: King's Lynn

Re: Next announcement

Postby Chugging Pus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Can't be arsed to print screen etc... but if you look on Bloodbath's page, you'll see Bloodstock actually said no to booking them.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next announcement

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:35 pm

cthulhu wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Even going along with your argument that Label (if I can't abbreviate it I'm sure as hell not writing it long hand) and RZ are the same size, RZ would get put above them because his stage show is much bigger, can't see Label following that.

But anyway, to put it an easy way
RZ subbed the mainstage last year at Download
BLS played 4th from top at Download last year
CC didn't headline Damnation last year

That's without comparing the size of venues those bands play


Good post on the second half here, especially when you consider Damnation is both a lot smaller and a lot poorer (financially speaking) even compared to BoA.

Although you don't get to have a higher slot because of a stage show you get to have a stage show because of a higher slot...well a good stage show anyway, all about the money to do it and you only get that money and the festivals permission from your status.


What I meant by it was that, going along the argument that Label and RZ are equal in size (which I don't think is right, think RZ is bigger) then unless one of the acts demands the headline spot or demands way too much to not be the headliner, then you would imagine that the act with the biggest/most expensive stage show would get the nod.

Either way I think it's a moot point, I think RZ is bigger.

User avatar
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Next announcement

Postby cthulhu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:40 pm

houston4044 wrote:What I meant by it was that, going along the argument that Label and RZ are equal in size (which I don't think is right, think RZ is bigger) then unless one of the acts demands the headline spot or demands way too much to not be the headliner, then you would imagine that the act with the biggest/most expensive stage show would get the nod.

Either way I think it's a moot point, I think RZ is bigger.


Ohhhhhh I see what you're saying now, yeah if they're equal size the stage show would likely put RZ on the top spot anyway based off the effort required needing a larger set up and pack down time. I was misunderstanding you my apologies there. I also think that whilst they're fairly close in terms of size that you're probably right about Zombie likely being the larger band.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

User avatar
Beardy
I am the Law!
Posts: 12668
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:52 pm
Location: Over the hills and far away

Re: Next announcement

Postby Beardy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Skippy wrote:
Tet wrote:
Skippy wrote:Also, am I the only one who thinks Cannibal Corpse are probably a bigger name than BLS?

Yes. They're not even close to the same level. Black Label Society are much, much bigger.

Really? Aside from a brief period where one of their songs (Concrete Jungle or something like that maybe) was played a bit, I've genuinely not heard much about them - noone raves about them, noone plays their songs, noone I know goes to see them. Apparently they've been on tour lately? I've seen absolutely nothing about it, anywhere. Might just be the circles I run in, all I really know about them is that they are Zakk Wylde's band.

In all honesty, I was surprised when I saw they were due to play venues like the 'big' Manchester Academy and the Roundhouse next month. Last time I paid them any attention they were due to play the same venue that Amon Amarth and At The Gates have both recently played in Manchester (until it was cancelled due to angry bikers) and there were still tickets available on the day. I haven't noticed any particular increase in popularity for them since, in fact the general reaction to them seems to be "meh, are they still going?" at best... I guess they appeal to a very different audience than me or most of my circle of friends.

strangeasangels
Denim Demon
Posts: 3798
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:19 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: Next announcement

Postby strangeasangels » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:
Granted, RZ is probably the act that could sway the most heavily either way in terms of entertainment (I call it the 'Motorhead live effect' >_>).
.



I've always found Motorhead to be unfathomably dull live and Rob Zombie just plain old shit.

As for BLS, last time I saw them, Zakk Wylde wasted a third of the set with pointless guitar solos and pretending to drink beer. Since then their recorded output has been mediocre to be kind.