Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
CelestialWishDaniel
Powermetal Child

Re: Next announcement

Postby CelestialWishDaniel » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Next announcement will be all three headliners, Nightwish, Blind Guardian and Dream Theater. And Bloodstock 2015 will change its name to Bloodstock 2015: We're Sorry For All The Extreme Metal Last Year.

<___<

I can dream.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:37 pm

CelestialWishDaniel wrote:Next announcement will be all three headliners, Nightwish, Blind Guardian and Dream Theater. And Bloodstock 2015 will change its name to Bloodstock 2015: We're Sorry For All The Extreme Metal Last Year.

<___<

I can dream.

Sounds more like a nightmare to me with Dream Theatre :lol: Although I like the other two choices :yes:

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:53 pm

What extreme metal? :lol:

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:31 pm

I think the 'delay' in the fest announcement means some negotiations are still needed. Scorpions and there demands? Keepers era halloween?
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
CelestialWishDaniel wrote:Next announcement will be all three headliners, Nightwish, Blind Guardian and Dream Theater. And Bloodstock 2015 will change its name to Bloodstock 2015: We're Sorry For All The Extreme Metal Last Year.

<___<

I can dream.

Sounds more like a nightmare to me with Dream Theatre :lol: Although I like the other two choices :yes:

Could never get into Dream Theatre either.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:06 pm

<___<

I can dream.

That would be "Bloodstock 2015: One good headliner (Nightwish), one utterly tedious one that can't even spell their own name properly (Dream Theatre) and one of the most dreadful bands in the history of the world (B***d G******n)" :P :lol:

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:10 pm

What grown man thinks Nightwish are good but Dream Theater and Blind Guardian aren't? :lol:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Smerphy wrote:What grown man thinks Nightwish are good but Dream Theater and Blind Guardian aren't? :lol:

This one :P

Nightwish are fun and remind me of some good times in my life - and are currently blessed with probably the best all-round singer in the "warbly gofficky/symphonic metal stuff" genre. The other two are pish.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:16 pm

<___<

I can dream.

Wouldn't mind Blind Guardian (if only to give Beardy something to complain about) but not the other two. Overblown, pretentious and utterly boring after the third twiddle.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:19 pm

I've got plenty of other things to complain about without chucking a band that manage to somehow be utterly tedious and incredibly annoying at the same time (and have the most overrated singer this side of Andi Deris and that bloke from Sabaton who can't sing either :P ) into the mix :P :lol:

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:50 pm

<___<

I can dream.

I could catch up on my sleep every night if that lot were announced :P

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Twoflower wrote:Opeth...saw them live many years ago at Brixton & they almost put me to sleep. Have they changed much since?

Nope. Still tediously dull.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Could Danzig headline? He doesn't get much of a shout round here but, I could see it.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:15 pm

Opeth are big enough to headline yes, but are enough people really bothered about seeing them? There are smaller bands that I think more people would be more interested in watching, maybe someone who haven't headlined the festival twice already.
Nightwish I would be happy to see again, its been a while since they last played and they are big enough, good fun band. I would also be happy with mastodon. I usually expect one headliner I like and I'm happy enough with that, so either one of those, or dream theater, would suit me. Judas priest should definitely headline the Sunday.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:13 am

Speaking of cradle of filth, I'd quite like to see them back a headliners. Wouldn't blame them if they never play bloodstock again though after last time.