Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next announcement

Postby euantehclansman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:32 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Nah. Seems more like a Damnation line up than a Bloodstock one.

Would you rather have that lot balanced out by some melodic bands, or Hatebreed/LOG/Machine Head and their ilk being balanced out by some melodic bands? :P

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:26 am

euantehclansman wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Nah. Seems more like a Damnation line up than a Bloodstock one.

Would you rather have that lot balanced out by some melodic bands, or Hatebreed/LOG/Machine Head and their ilk being balanced out by some melodic bands? :P

Well I could only see two of those bands being Mainstage and that's Enslaved and Electric Wizard (who would be better in the tent). Then again Killing_time thinks that Hypocrisy are a headline sized band. :lol:

It still looks like a Damnation line up though.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:49 am

Ergo, a good lineup. :lol:

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
euantehclansman wrote:

Well I could only see two of those bands being Mainstage and that's Enslaved and Electric Wizard (who would be better in the tent). Then again Killing_time thinks that Hypocrisy are a headline sized band. :lol:

I said Hypocrisy could sub headline Bloodstock and they could! You have to think they are one of the biggest Death Metal bands around and they haven't played Bloodstock before which will give them that rarity factor therefore would bump them up.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:19 pm

They played a few months ago in Camden Underworld. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:11 pm

I love Hypocrisy, but no... they are not big enough to sub headline. Obituary's slot from this year would probably be where I would place them.

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:22 pm

I know i'm feeding the troll here but I can't imagine Hypocrisy getting anywhere near headlining if Cannibal Corpse are on the bill and aren't even special guests.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
euantehclansman wrote:

Hypocrisy would be a mainstage band and i would have thought Taake and Enthroned would be too.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:36 am

Is this the same Hypocrisy that had about 4 people watching them in Bradford? :P

You all go on about bands that you've never seen and talk bollocks. :lol:

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Back on topic, any band (preferably not core) who hasn't played before would be fine by me as then at least I have something to check out :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Danroush wrote:Back on topic, any band (preferably not core) who hasn't played before would be fine by me as then at least I have something to check out :lol:

See, I've got a sneaking suspicion that the people asking for non-repeats are gonna regret it. Suicide Silence, Bring Me the Horizon and Babymetal, coming up (although Babymetal would be awesome).
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Skippy wrote:
Danroush wrote:Back on topic, any band (preferably not core) who hasn't played before would be fine by me as then at least I have something to check out :lol:

See, I've got a sneaking suspicion that the people asking for non-repeats are gonna regret it. Suicide Silence, Bring Me the Horizon and Babymetal, coming up (although Babymetal would be awesome).

Nah-they are gonna employ someone with working ears to do the next announcement.
Asphyx,Tankard and Vektor coming up next...... :eyes:
EDIT: .....and Unisonic.

CelestialWishDaniel
Powermetal Child

Postby CelestialWishDaniel » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:48 am

Skippy wrote:

To be honest, Whitechapel have been on the lineup, Suicide Silence can't be that far off? On the subject of Death bands, continuing from the Hypocrisy thing, surely you can't get much bigger than Cannibal Corpse for death?* I'm wondering if that'd mean that the rest of the headliners won't be under the extreme metal banner, perhaps something along the lines of Symphony X for a Friday headliner?

*I know absolutely nothing about Death Metal, forgive me if I'm wrong.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Symphony X are nowhere near big enough to headline either.

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:02 pm

CelestialWishDaniel wrote:
Skippy wrote:

To be honest, Whitechapel have been on the lineup, Suicide Silence can't be that far off? On the subject of Death bands, continuing from the Hypocrisy thing, surely you can't get much bigger than Cannibal Corpse for death?* I'm wondering if that'd mean that the rest of the headliners won't be under the extreme metal banner, perhaps something along the lines of Symphony X for a Friday headliner?

Death have sold more albums than CC.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Smerphy wrote:
CelestialWishDaniel wrote:
Skippy wrote:

Death have sold more albums than CC.

Yeah but obviously Death can't play. And I am not sure Death To All would be classed as bigger than CC