Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Smerphy wrote:Death have sold more albums than CC.

Yet the only tours they ever played were to about 100 people in venues like Rios. Even at their peak they supported Kreator when Kreator were seen as old hat and struggled to pull more than a couple of hundred in Warrington. Where as on the previous tour Kreator were headlining theatres.

Even Death To All were playing in the same venue in Manchester that Gloryhammer nearly sold out. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Smerphy wrote:Death have sold more albums than CC.

Yet the only tours they ever played were to about 100 people in venues like Rios. Even at their peak they supported Kreator when Kreator were seen as old hat and struggled to pull more than a couple of hundred in Warrington. Where as on the previous tour Kreator were headlining theatres.

Even Death To All were playing in the same venue in Manchester that Gloryhammer nearly sold out. :lol:

Death To All sold it out in advance and said no to upgrading the venue though...

Still doesn't mean that I think DTA would rate anything more than a Sophie headline slot or mid-afternoon RJD one mind.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:18 am

DTA Sophie headline slot would be pretty nice.

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:58 pm

VizardAmata wrote:DTA Sophie headline slot would be pretty nice.

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:58 pm

euantehclansman wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:DTA Sophie headline slot would be pretty nice.

Yes. A band that hadn't played before, a popular band amongst long term attendees and even without chuck, still a band I'd like to say i've seen in some form or another.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm half expecting DTA to be announced for this, hope they do.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:23 pm

I can't decide whether I'd be fussed about death to all, guess it would be cool to hear those songs live, depends what else is on

StonerWizzard
Definitely Not Nu

Postby StonerWizzard » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Just seen the Opeth/Alcest tour. I know it's more then 6 months away, but do you reckon they may announce Alcest for the Saturday?
actual hipster emo scum that still thinks his views on metal are worth commenting. deafheaven, baroness, blind guardian, kvelertak and converge pls

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Can't see the point to be honest. They've played recently, would have to headline the Sophie stage (or have a lower down Mainstage slot*) and have virtually abandoned all Metal. And if they do get booked, not on the Saturday. The Saturday is already a write off after 7 o'clock.

* Would they work in the outdoors? I think of them playing indoors where they can create an atmosphere. I can't see them doing that in the daylight.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Can't see the point to be honest. They've played recently, would have to headline the Sophie stage (or have a lower down Mainstage slot*) and have virtually abandoned all Metal. And if they do get booked, not on the Saturday. The Saturday is already a write off after 7 o'clock.

* Would they work in the outdoors? I think of them playing indoors where they can create an atmosphere. I can't see them doing that in the daylight.

So even more reason for Bloodstock to book them :P

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:20 pm

Of course. The repeat thing. :lol:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:43 pm

Typical the website goes down as they announce 3 debutant acts :lol:

Amazing announcement for me! Going to book my ticket later this month when those rock passes go on sale, 3 bands I've wanted to see for ages (never thought I'd get to see Nuclear Assault or Dark Angel!) good death/thrash mix for me so far :D

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:11 am

Never been a fan of Death so not liking that announcement they're next to Cannibal Corpse for worst Death Metal bands ever! Death Angel i'll gladly watch as haven't seen them in a while.

Not heard of the other band though

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:07 am

Killing_time wrote:! Death Angel i'll gladly watch as haven't seen them in a while.

Dark Angel. Totally different band.

Not a fan of any of those three myself, but they are very good booking for the festival, the kind of things they should be getting. Just hope for some power metal next please.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:37 am

I'm very happy with this latest announcement, especially nuclear assault, and checked out dark angel earlier and they sound great too! Plus having death there, I think massacre are likely too!
Seriously? Death and Cannibal Corpse worst death metal bands ever? Wow there surely 2 of the most defining and influencial bands of the genre, are you sure you just don't like death metal?
I'm not a fan of power metal personally, but I do think they have neglected this genre a bit recently, so they should put some more on this year, but very happy how is shaping up so far!